Discussion Partner for Genesect after Bronzong?

AceTrainerAlex

Aspiring Trainer
With Metal Links Bronzong rotating for 2017, what are some good pairings for Genesect or does the deck just completely fall by the wayside?

Without that sweet, sweet Metal Links, its hard to see a way to get Genesect enough energy to be effective. My thought is that TPCi is playing a bit of a long game with that Genesect, and that there will be something more than Max Elixir to drive attachment to make Genesect useful.

Unless you can get a fabulous deal for them @AceTrainerAlex then yeah I would hold onto them. Don't forget Expanded is a thing! In Standard Genesect-EX (FCO) may remain useful for other reasons as well; we've been using Aegislash-EX and its Might Shield for a while, usually not with it ever attacking. Genesect-EX can use its Ability and Float Stone to always have a free Retreat Cost, toss on Fighting Fury Belt to fake more HP, or Assault Vest to soak damage from Special Energy using attackers. If the-powers-that-be keep this up, it might be another Pokémon Tool that makes it worth using, instead of the attack.

(Probably going to be about finding a new way to make the attack work, though ;) ).

as a genesect ex user and got a top 8 nationals in the philippines i guess togekiss from roaring skies will be useful its like max elixir that is more powerful it draws 8 cards and attach energy cards in your pokemon in anyway you like so if you find 4 energy cards you can attach it all to your genesect

Back