Discussion Decks with Potential for After Upcoming Rotation

Speed dark/tina/garbo.

Darkrai EX, Giritina EX, garbodor. DDE counts as two dark while on Giritina, so coupled with a healthy supply of dark energy and max elixirs you can power up big attackers fast. Garbodor shuts down a lot of nasty stuff in new format. Hydriegon can attack through jolteon and carbink, so he is a one of tech I'm trying. The deck works great this format and will possibly be even better next format.

I've been playing Sceptile all season. So I knew how to play in rotation. If you want my list I'd be happy to post it.

I have been testing out a M Sceptile/Ariados list. I haven't found a consistent list yet but I have had success when I have set up. One thing I like about the deck is that it has an auto-win against Greninja and pretty much no bad match-ups. I have a list of decks that I think could be good for the new format.

Volcanion-EX

Jolteon/Vileplume

Raichu/Zoroark

M Rayquaza-EX

I can't seem to get a good Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor list. If anyone could pm me one I would REALLY REALLY appreciate.

Hi GengarGuys - love the rocking Gengar it's hilarious.... Not sure there is a good Darkrai / Giratina / Garbodor list. I played a match with those yesterday and beat the pants off of it with Yveltel EX / Zoroark. I just don't think Giratina has good synergy with Darkrai.

Hi GengarGuys - love the rocking Gengar it's hilarious.... Not sure there is a good Darkrai / Giratina / Garbodor list. I played a match with those yesterday and beat the pants off of it with Yveltel EX / Zoroark. I just don't think Giratina has good synergy with Darkrai.

I have played the Giratina version and the Dark.dek version, and while both are nice to play, I feel like the Giratina version can just get so wrecked by a failure to launch like Sceptile. I don't feel like it has a good Rayquaza matchup, because it can't handle the speed and consistency. The Dark.dek version also has the benefit of having a very simple core strategy, that is, efficient prize trades win. When you can send out Baby Yveltals helping whittle down their main attackers and being able to make Pseudo EXs with Fighting Fury Belt, all the while powering up your big hitting Yveltal EX and Darkrai EX, it is hard to lose. Sure you don't get the power that comes with Giratina, but you get flexibility and speed instead.

Hello fellow Pokebeachbums,

I am throwing out a couple questions I hope you all will respond to:

1) Have you really started to put together deck lists for the new rotation yet?
2) If so, are there decks that you're testing that are new standard compliant that you're having success with?

My answer to this is: I am completely all in on the new rotation. I have traded away ALL of my out of rotation cards on TCGO (I was very sad to trade away my Korrina's, Focus Sashes, and Muscle Bands. I have come up with a couple of decks that I'm actually having some success with right now.

Mega Mewtwo and Garbador
Yveltal EX, non EX Yveltal, and Zoroark

I'm wondering if anybody else has been play testing decks that are completely new rotation compliant yet. I'm playing games in standard in TCGO, and it seems like every game I play my opponent is using cards that will be out of rotation in a little over a month. I even asked one guy who was playing a Mega Tyranitar deck with the 'Bats what he was going to use instead of the 'Bats in the new rotation and he said he hadn't really thought about it yet. I can't believe I'm the only person who's anticipating living in a new non night march, non item lock world, right?

To answer your questions, yes. I am already starting to put together a deck list for the new rotation, as I'd like to see what decks do well before I waste my money on cards that could be useless.

I run M Rayquaza-EX/Magearna-EX/Hoopa-EX, and it works decently well. It has pretty good matchups with a large chunk of the perceived meta.

I have decided that I am going to build either a m sceptile ex deck or a a yveltal ex/darkrrai ex deck. Does anyone know hell they do against mega rayquaza? Also does anyone have a post rotation darkrrai ex/yveltal ex deck?

I have decided that I am going to build either a m sceptile ex deck or a a yveltal ex/darkrrai ex deck. Does anyone know hell they do against mega rayquaza? Also does anyone have a post rotation darkrrai ex/yveltal ex deck?

Nothing, you let the M Rayquaza overlords take over. *Heavy Breathing*

Excuse the formatting, but here is my current build. If you would like an explanation, feel free to ask.

Pokemon: 14

3 Yveltal (Just Oblivion Wing)
3 Yveltal-EX
2 Darkrai-EX
2 Zoroark
2 Zorua
2 Shaymin-EX

Trainer: 32

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
4 Trainers' Mail
2 Parallel City
2 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Float Stone

Energy:

10 Darkness Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Excuse the formatting, but here is my current build. If you would like an explanation, feel free to ask.

Pokemon: 14

3 Yveltal (Just Oblivion Wing)
3 Yveltal-EX
2 Darkrai-EX
2 Zoroark
2 Zorua
2 Shaymin-EX

Trainer: 32

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
4 Trainers' Mail
2 Parallel City
2 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Float Stone

Energy:

10 Darkness Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy

Thanks, how well has it done against mega rayquaza decks? Also what do you think about zoroark break?

I've been playing Sceptile all season. So I knew how to play in rotation. If you want my list I'd be happy to post it.

Can I have the list? Also, how well do you think it will do against mega rayquaza?

@PKMudkipz, it has a decent match up, you basically use Parallel City and Zoroark to win. I think Zoroark Break is cool, but I don't love running him in 2-2-1 lines, maybe a 3-3-1 line would work.

Thanks, anyone know the m sceptile vs m rayquaza matchup?

From my experience, it honestly goes 1 of 2 ways. Either M Rayquaza-EX loads its bench and OHKOs, or the M Sceptile-EX player manages to keep the Ray player's bench at 7 or less and heals every turn.

I have been testing out a M Sceptile/Ariados list. I haven't found a consistent list yet but I have had success when I have set up. One thing I like about the deck is that it has an auto-win against Greninja and pretty much no bad match-ups. I have a list of decks that I think could be good for the new format.
What decks are you thinking of?

I am also planning on playing a M Sceptile deck, we could maybe help each other out. Lets get to work

How is the M-Mewtwo Y EX deck matchup against M Rayquaza Ex?

M-Mewtwo Y matchup is really good. My son played M-Mewtwo Y Zorark last years. He did very well. But there are all kinds of ways to manage Ray Ray dmg output.

We've played it with Parallel city. We played it with enhance hammers. We played it with Jeriachi Promo. And we played it with N. There is just a lot of different ways to manage the bench and DMG output that really puts the deck on it heels quick. It was one of his favorite match ups.

I run M Rayquaza-EX/Magearna-EX/Hoopa-EX, and it works decently well. It has pretty good matchups with a large chunk of the perceived meta.
How does the deck work with magearna exactly?

How does the deck work with magearna exactly?

The concept is to use Metal Energy as your basic energy for Emerald Break and also give Mega Rayquaza immunity from attack effects, other than damage, so long as Abilities are not turned off. This includes Damage Change from Mewtwo EX, attacks that prevent attacking or retreating, Paralysis/Poison/Confusion/Sleep inducing attacks, et cetera.

Back