• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard 2017 Fire Deck with Steam Siege

HydroxesTCG

Aspiring Trainer
3 Flareon EX
3 Volcanion EX
3 Volcanion
2 Litleo
2 Pyroar
2 Pyroar BREAK
1 Shaymin EX
==================
3 Professor Sycamore
3 N
1 Wally
1 Hex
1 Skyla
1 Ninja Boy
2 Lysandre
===================
4 Vs Seekers
2 Super Rod
3 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers' Mail
1 Float Stone
2 Professor's Letter
2 Energy Retrival
1 Bent Spoon
3 Scorched Earth
===================
10 Fire Energy

This is a little deck I put together, I proxied the cards and it runs quite well. Please let me know if I should change anything c:

JayMatt1138

Aspiring Trainer
-2/2/2 Pyroar line, +3/3 Team Magma's Camerupt.

Discard energy w/Volcanion, attach to Camerupt from discard, move to Flareon EX using flashfire. +30 from Volcanion, +20 more for bringing it back and adding to Flareon.

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
-2-2-2 Pyroar BREAK Line
-1 N
-1 Skyla
-1 Bent Spoon

+ 3-3 Team Magma's Camperupt Line
+1 Professor Sycamore
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Float Stone

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
I would suggest trying to force in a set of 4 Max Elixir. would help with the high energy count of the deck

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
I am not a fan of using EX's because of the 2 card prize and I cannot afford a Shaymin EX. What about adding a 2-2-2-2 Delphox BREAK?

JayMatt1138

Aspiring Trainer
Infernape could have a use in the aspect that you throw away energies with volcanion/scorched earth and then late game when many energies have been exhausted then bring up Infernape and get big damage while recycling energy back into your deck. Really though I think it's too situational though, if you use 2 Volcanion per turn, and Scorched Earth it'll take 3 turns to get 9 energy discarded, if you get ahead with an Ultra Ball or something gets KO'd then you might get to use Infernape turn 3, and then wait about 3 more to have 10 energy back in the discard. That's assuming everything goes perfectly.

I think Infernape with have a better match in BTH Typhlosion. Plays a really high energy count and the goal is to discard them anyway. Typhlosion dumps energy and hopefully hits big damage, then bring up Infernape once 10 are down and hit big to shuffle them back. Then you could bring Typhlosion back out and repeat.

Seems like even with the loss of Blacksmith going into 2017 Fire is still looking somewhat strong.

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
No, Infernape in my opinion isn't worth it, while 200 damage is nothing to scoff at, being a Stage 2 it would make the deck more clunky, same applies with Typhlosion, the issue is that this deck tries to be quick, as that's what fire does: but having two Stage 2's in this deck would be not good. And unfortunately kharrison569, I think this deck needs EX's, if you can't afford a Shaymin, try to fit in a 1-1 Octillery line. A 2-2-2-2 Delphox BREAK deck would be to slow with just a 2-2-2-2 line. If you really, really want to run Delphox BREAK, a better option would be 3-1-3-2 Delphox line with Rare Candy, with 2 Fates Collide, and 1 from XY: but XY is rotating, so... It's just too slow in a deck that needs to be quick to keep up with the meta.