• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Delphox BREAK deck

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Hey all, I need your expertise. I currently have a Delphox BREAK deck that is somewhat competitive. Heck, I won my first match against the gym champion where I play with this deck. So with the upcoming rotation, I am losing some of my draw support with the Delphox from XY and Blacksmith. Here is my current deck.

Pokemon:
3 Delphox BREAK FCO
4 Fennekin FCO
2 Braixen KSS
2 Delphox XY
2 Delphox FCO
2 Entei - Non Omega power AOR
2 Dedenne FFI

Trainers:
4 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
2 Escape Rope
1 Super Rod
1 Town Map
1 Startling Megaphone
1 VS Seeker
4 Blacksmith
4 Professor Sycamore
3 Skyla
2 Lysandre
1 N
1 Brigette
3 Scorched Earth

Energy:
11 Fire Energy

Okay so I know I am also losing Startling Megaphone as well, but its no big deal as it was rarely used. I know I will more than likely work in Professor Birch and more N and take out some Sycamore,Ultra Balls and Scorched Earth, because without Blacksmith it doesn't make sense to discard energy. Also, I don't have a Shaymin and way to expensive to get one so any help will be appreciated.

My suggestion when you lose Blacksmith would be to put 4 Max Elixir in its place. You will need some type of energy accelleration in the deck. I imagine it would need some other tweaks with that too but thats the main thing you're losing here.

My suggestion when you lose Blacksmith would be to put 4 Max Elixir in its place. You will need some type of energy accelleration in the deck. I imagine it would need some other tweaks with that too but thats the main thing you're losing here.
Max elixir does only work on benched basic pokemons and Delphox's ability works as a better max elixir. N would be good to have in the deck (you NEED N), also why do you only have have 1 VS seeker? 3 or 4 is what most people use.

Losing Blacksmith and Delphox XY really hurts this deck's potential, but I think it can be salvaged. Here's a list I'm trying:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 14

3 Entei AOR 14
1 Delphox BREAK FAC 14
4 Fennekin FAC 11
2 Braixen FAC 12
3 Delphox FAC 13

Trainer Cards - 33

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
2 Wally ROS 94
1 Lysandre FLF 90
2 Super Rod BKT 149
3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
1 Skyla BCR 134
3 Random Receiver FAC 109
3 Max Elixir BKP 102
2 N NVI 92
3 Scorched Earth FAC 110
3 Rare Candy PLB 85
3 Ultra Ball ROS 93

Energy - 13

3 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
10 Fire Energy Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Entei is a great Pokemon in general and in this deck he is a good starter. Burning Roar can both accelerate Energy and thin our deck down to increase our chances of hitting Max Elixirs. I only use one Delphox BREAK because I only have one; otherwise I would add a second, removing a Max Elixir to make room for it. Honestly, it's not even that big a deal that I only have one because it can be easily retrieved with Super Rod. I don't use Shaymin-EX in this deck because it becomes an even bigger target if we start putting any Energy on it. It's a free two Prizes and I like forcing the opponent to kill all non-EX Pokemon to win.

We want to swarm our field with Energy as fast as we can so we run a lot of Items to help thin our deck. Random Receiver takes our Supporters out so we can put them in the discard pile with Ultra Ball or Sycamore, where they are much more accessible. Super Rod puts our Energy back after Delphox goes down or to recover Energy used up by Scorched Earth or Entei. Trainers' Mail is a no-brainer since it can thin a free card (most of the time).

Finally, we can abuse Psystorm with DCE, so their inclusion is natural. I don't run four because I don't want to take anything else out for it. Running a high number of basic Energy increases our chances of hitting Max Elixir and more favorable Burning Roars.

I haven't done much testing because it's difficult to test for a format that doesn't exist. You're handicapping yourself by fighting against XY-FAC decks (this list is legal for PRC-on). I've done pretty well in the few matches I've done though so you're more than welcome to try this out for yourself.

Last edited:
Max elixir does only work on benched basic pokemons and Delphox's ability works as a better max elixir. N would be good to have in the deck (you NEED N), also why do you only have have 1 VS seeker? 3 or 4 is what most people use.

I understand Delphox Break also serves the purpose, but since the attack gets damage added for all energy on the field it still helps. As for VS Seekers, I think the main purpose would have been to get more Blacksmith uses, which will soon be gone. Also no battle compressors mean it's hard to throw those 1-off tech supporters into the discard, which is usually what you'd be using VS Seekers to get.

Pokemon: 15
2 Delphox BREAK FCO
4 Fennekin FCO
2 Braixen KSS
4 Delphox FCO
2 volcanion
1 Volcanion EX

Trainers: 32
4 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball (to grab fennekin faster)
2 Super Rod
4 VS Seeker
4 Professor Sycamore
4 Trainers Mail (not as accurate as skyla but much faster)
1 Lysandre
4 N
2 Scorched Earth
1 Wally (to get to break faster, reusable with VS Seeker)

Energy: 13
3 Double Colorless (Delphox
10 Fire Energy

This deck needs to be fast at setting up the next fennekin. that is the main goal

Last edited:
Hey all,

I played a variation last week and added a Volcanion taking out a Blacksmith. It worked pretty well so I think that I may add another Volcanion and maybe the Team Magma Camerupt. I am thinking this:

Pokemon: 18
3 Delphox BREAK FCO
3 Fennekin FCO
2 Braixen FCO
3 Delphox FCO
2 Volcanion
3 Numel Team Magma
2 Camerupt Team Magma

Trainers: 29
4 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
2 Escape Rope
2 Super Rod
2 VS Seeker
4 Professor Sycamore
2 Skyla
1 Lysandre
3 N
1 Wally
2 Scorched Earth

Energy: 13
3 DCE
10 Fire Energy

I can use not only Volcanion (Power Heater) but Camerupt (Ability + Flame Ball) to get energy from discard pile and with Flame Ball move it to a benched Pokemon.

Back