• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gliscor/Crawdunt

Poke'Pete

Pikachu! Use Swag!
Gliscor Crawdaunt Deck

Pokemon
4 Gliscor http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy4/47/
4 Gligar http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy6/36/
3 Crawdunt http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy5/92/
3 Corphish http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy5/42/
1 Bunnelby http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy5/121/

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
3 N
3 Professor Sycamore
2 Korrina
1 Xerosic
1 Lysandre
1 Team Rocket's Handiwork
1 Team Flare Grunt
1 Hex Maniac
1 Skyla

4 Level Ball
4 Crushing Hammer
3 Devolution Spray
3 VS Seeker
2 Float Stone
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Muscle Band
1 Professor's Letter

Energy
-

Object
This deck has 2 main purposes.
1- Starve your opponent of energy by not allowing them to attach with Gliscor and knocking off the energy they do attach with Crawdunt, Hammers, Xerosic, and Team Flare Grunt.
2- Win by
-Slowing Taking Prizes.
-Decking Your Opponent Out
Devolution Spray is a guaranteed chance to pick up an Evolution, and even allows me to attack with Gilgar, witch surprisingly helps with so many match ups.
Pretty consistent, even without Shaymin and Octillery.

Please Comment and Review. Flames will be used to make cookies! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple things I see with this that I feel could be improved or rethought a bit.

First is Gliscor in general. If we are using Crawdaunt to move energy off the active Pokemon then wouldn't you want to leave the opportunity for your opponent to attach to the active again so you can bounce it with another Crawdaunt to keep them from charging up. If you force them not to attach to the active then they just charge up something else until it can OHKO Gliscor, bring it up and you're done.

Now let's say the answer to that is that yes we do want to keep Gliscor. My next thought is that since the defending Pokemon can't have energy attached, and if it does somehow then it's getting discarded or bounced off with Crawdaunt, let's make it difficult to get whatever they are charging up on the bench into the active. I don't see a stadium so what about Team Aqua's Base, or maybe even considering Aqua's Muk, which both raise retreat cost by 1.

This deck will only be usable in Expanded (or for fun) after September anyway, so Xerosic and Startling Megaphone will both be at your disposal to get rid of pesky Float Stones. There may even be several older B&W era cards that could lend to this style also that I'm just not familiar with. 2 biggest enemies I see would then be Zoroark and Pokemon Ranger, which are not uncommon so keep that in mind too.

Hope this gives you some things to think about, and maybe help strengthen this concept some more.

If you plan on using submission hold, why not run some delinquents to shrink their hand size down by 3. Also i would suggest enhanced hammers/slowking if you plan on have no attacking Pokémon. Not sure what to take out though

Couple things I see with this that I feel could be improved or rethought a bit.

First is Gliscor in general. If we are using Crawdaunt to move energy off the active Pokemon then wouldn't you want to leave the opportunity for your opponent to attach to the active again so you can bounce it with another Crawdaunt to keep them from charging up. If you force them not to attach to the active then they just charge up something else until it can OHKO Gliscor, bring it up and you're done.

Now let's say the answer to that is that yes we do want to keep Gliscor. My next thought is that since the defending Pokemon can't have energy attached, and if it does somehow then it's getting discarded or bounced off with Crawdaunt, let's make it difficult to get whatever they are charging up on the bench into the active. I don't see a stadium so what about Team Aqua's Base, or maybe even considering Aqua's Muk, which both raise retreat cost by 1.

This deck will only be usable in Expanded (or for fun) after September anyway, so Xerosic and Startling Megaphone will both be at your disposal to get rid of pesky Float Stones. There may even be several older B&W era cards that could lend to this style also that I'm just not familiar with. 2 biggest enemies I see would then be Zoroark and Pokemon Ranger, which are not uncommon so keep that in mind too.

Hope this gives you some things to think about, and maybe help strengthen this concept some more.
I disagree with most of what you're saying. I have seen PokéPete play this deck and he almost beat M Manectric with it. This deck is very annoying and PokéPete knows exactly what he's doing. Besides, this deck was never really intended to be the best deck in the world. It was meant to be a fun, original idea to troll people with.

I understand it was never intended to be the most competetive deck, and that it was designed with the idea of just being frustrating to play against. I also never said the deck was bad so don't take this or the previous post as though I did, just that I saw a couple things that may lend to improving it. Maybe they'll work and maybe they wont, right now it's all just theory anyway from my end. Just some things to look out for, and maybe some things to consider adding.

Like I said, if you're energy blocking the active, they'll charge the bench. Hammers/Xerosic could take care of it, but if something does get charged up on the bench, and theres a 0 or 1 retreat pokemon up, they could switch out and make headway. Theres a number of cards that could get a single energy on for a turn simply to retreat. If that was increased to a 2 or 3 retreat cost though, without a switch card they're going nowhere.

Chip away at a KO there, lysandre something else up that's not charged and hard to move, repeat.

May take too many resources to add in the stadiums and Muk, but no harm testing the theory especially with a "for-fun" deck like this.

First off, I believe you forgot to add in the Energy for your list.

Secondly, having played this deck for a while, I can tell you that this deck needs Focus Sash. Here's why:

You attack and Flare Grunt, putting their active Pokemon at zero Energy and they cannot retreat nor attack. That's all fine and good, until you finally knock them out after about six turns and then they come up with a six Energy Pokemon to continuously sweep your field with little you can do on your part. As soon as you send up a Gliscor and attack for forty damage, they OHKO you and take another prize. Crawdaunt can only do so much.

With Focus Sash, you can delay them to 2HKOing your Gliscor, giving you enough time to remove their Energy.

I would drop the Scoop Up, Handiwork and Hex for four of these. Furthermore, to improve consistency, I would also drop the Bunnelby, Skyla, Level Ball and one Enhanced Hammer (you'd be surprised how often you don't need this) for two Shaymin EX, one VS Seeker and four Ultra Ball. This way you get what you need more. Also, I would drop a Muscle Band (since you're probably going to have a Focus Sash on you, anyway) for another Flare Grunt so you can draw into it easier.

Hope I helped!

Back