• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Aqua's Walrein

notoptimus

New Aqua Leader
This deck does better than it should and is somewhat consistent as a late game comeback, both in my local (tiny) meta and [a variation of this] in TCGO. Even, miraculously, has its fair share of wins against the local night marcher.

Pokémon: 20

• 3 Team Aqua's Spheal
  • 3 Team Aqua's Sealeo
  • 3 Team Aqua's Walrein
  • 3 Team Aqua's Carvanha
  • 3 Team Aqua's Sharpedo
  • 2 Manaphy PRC
  • 3 Dedenne FFI
Trainers: 27
  • 4 Team Aqua Admin
  • 4 Team Aqua Grunt
  • 2 Wally
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 3 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 4 Team Aqua's Great Ball
  • 2 Healing Scarf
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Super Rod
Energy: 13
  • 3 Double Aqua Energy
  • 10 Water Energy
Strategy:

Sharpedos stall and bring out the Walreins while I stock them up on energy. Energy is a little slow even with the Admins which is where I'd like some suggestions. Dedenne and Manaphy were added after a dry spell of turn 1 basics and the Dedenne needs to go for the new rotation. Any other help for consistency and speed would be great.

Last edited:
Running 4 Max Elixir (consider -1 Dedenne, -1TA Grunt, and -2 Healling Scarf) can help with energy-attachment acceleration.

I think you should consider Manaphy EX from BKP. It gives your Walrein free retreat at any time. Attack based draw in the PRC is not good. Attack based draw is only good when the attack does at least an ok amount of damage (Lucario EX's Corkscrew Smash is the best example I can think of). Attack based recovery isn't the best either.
Edit: also consider using Muscle Band before it rotates

Back