• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mega Sceptile 2017 Standard

GalacticNikk

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing this deck a little before the rotation news (well a XY on variant) and i have become very familiar with the concept. now with the 2017 rotation coming up in September, I've been playing the 2017 version to help prepare myself. today i wanted to show off the deck list that won me a league challenge yesterday!

4 Sceptile EX (Unseen Claw Version)
3 M Sceptile EX
2-2 Ariados
2 Shaymin EX
1 Hoopa EX

4 Sycamore
3 N
1 Lysandre
1 Fisherman
1 Olymipa
1 Skyla

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainers Mail
4 Sceptile Spirit Link
2 Mega Turbo
1 Professor's Letter
1 Super Rod
1 Float Stone

4 Forest Of Giant Plants
1 Shrine Of Memories

9 Grass Energy

Key Points!:

Shrine Of Memories- This actually won me to matches on its own. after my first turn i usually don't have much use for Forest, so playing Shrine was great because then i could use Unseen Claw instead of Jagged Saber. it does more damage if the opponent is affected by special conditions. so late game if u really need extra damage its always a good tech.

4 Spirit Links- In most Mega decks you want to maximize the chance of finding the spirit link. even though we run 3 Megas, 4 spirit links is best.

Olympia- There really isn't much negative with running one of these is a deck now. a free switch with healing 30 damage is good. definitely if your opponent Lysandre's out Hoopa EX just to stall. or if your inflicted with a special condition u can heal 30 damage and remove the condition.

Fisherman- Just to "Fish" out your energy's up if need to discard them and/or retreat (Mega Sceptile has a two energy retreat cost). with this deck u can retreat a injured Mega Sceptile, fisherman the energy, then heal the Mega Sceptile with Jagged Saber from a second Mega Sceptile.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I too will be building and running an M Sceptile EX deck this upcoming season. However, I plan to incorporate a 3-2 Yanmega line (and possibly 2 Yanmega BREAK) in order to effectively deal with "walls" like Safeguard Carbink (appearing in a variety of decks other than F decks).

You may want to also consider incorporating a Parallel City in order to counter those decks that need a large bench.

GalacticNikk

Aspiring Trainer
I too will be building and running an M Sceptile EX deck this upcoming season. However, I plan to incorporate a 3-2 Yanmega line (and possibly 2 Yanmega BREAK) in order to effectively deal with "walls" like Safeguard Carbink (appearing in a variety of decks other than F decks).
Mega sceptile Has Theta Stop. ancient trait that makes Mega Sceptile not effected to any ability of opposing pokemon. so no need to worry

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Understood, forgot about M Sceptile EX's AT. Still, consider adding at least 1 Parallel City for the MRay match-ups.

Danglesmcjangles

Spice Master General
Mega sceptile Has Theta Stop. ancient trait that makes Mega Sceptile not effected to any ability of opposing pokemon. so no need to worry

Theta Stop only stops opposing abilities effects on mega sceptile. Things like giant water shuriken and sneaky bite. It does not negate safeguard because the effect is on Carbink not M Sceptile.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan

You may want to also consider incorporating a Parallel City in order to counter those decks that need a large bench.
I personally think that Yanmega could rip through ZyBinkPlume by itself, provided it hits Judges consistently. That said, you could just chain Hex. Hex removes Item lock in the ZyBinkPlume matchup AND stops Carbink's ability.

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
no hex maniac? how does this deck deal with Carbink?

no pokemon ranger too? can't deal with Regice too

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
no hex maniac? how does this deck deal with Carbink?

no pokemon ranger too? can't deal with Regice too
I can understand no ranger because it's brand new and not even legal yet.

Hex maniac is a critical if theta stop doesn't stop giratina ex or carbink. I'm not sure whether it does or not.

Understood, forgot about M Sceptile EX's AT. Still, consider adding at least 1 Parallel City for the MRay match-ups.
I agree with this statement. A 1-of non-ex attacker like virizon is not a bad idea either.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Hex maniac is a critical if theta stop doesn't stop giratina ex or carbink. I'm not sure whether it does or not.
Renegade Pulse and Safeguard are effects on the Giratina EX and Carbink, making Theta Stop useless in this case. Because of this, Hex Maniac is a must-have.

daniel rowland

Aspiring Trainer
My friend runs this, but has a 3-3 line and 1 agility sceptile, for starting out. Not sure on 4 F.O.Gs, maybe some silent labs/garb?