• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard 2017 Rotation w/ M Absol EX

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
This is a deck I am building for a friend. He is on a tight budget right now, so I had to build the deck on cards that he already had or maybe some extras I gave him. Any help would be awesome!

Pokemon (15)

• 3 Absol EX proxy 62 (beat down)
  • 3 Mega Absol EX proxy 63 (Beat down)
  • 2 Yveltal STS (energy retrieval)
  • 1 Yveltal BKT 94 (Tool lock)
  • 1 Yveltal EX proxy 150 (beat down)
  • 2 Trubbish BKP 56 (evolution)
  • 2 Garbodor BKP 57 (Ability Lock)

Trainers (25)

• 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 1 Ninja Boy
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Pokemon Ranger
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers Mail
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Reverse Valley

Energy (9)
  • 5 Dark Energy
  • 4 Dangerous Energy

Open spots: (8)

would appreciate any help!

Last edited:
Straight away +2 N its so consistent and useful Im thinking the deck could make us of captivating pokepuff to deal with opposing shaymin ex aswell as ninja b0y to ensure a good starting pokemon.

Straight away +2 N its so consistent and useful Im thinking the deck could make us of captivating pokepuff to deal with opposing shaymin ex aswell as ninja b0y to ensure a good starting pokemon.

Yeah, good idea. Thanks! I was almost thinking of putting in Yveltal BREAK, but I'm not sure there's a point in it. What do you think?

you really don't need the evosodas, as you have enough ultra balls to find anything you'd ever need, when you need it. in my experience, mega absol needs some way to make sure it hits an item each attack for max damage, and to my current memory i can't think of anything that does that

you really don't need the evosodas, as you have enough ultra balls to find anything you'd ever need, when you need it. in my experience, mega absol needs some way to make sure it hits an item each attack for max damage, and to my current memory i can't think of anything that does that

I had thought of trick shovel, but that was in flashfire, so it will be out of rotation

I think Fright Night Yveltal is always helpful for any dark deck as at least a one-of. If your friend has that, it would be great for this deck.

I think Fright Night Yveltal is always helpful for any dark deck as at least a one-of. If your friend has that, it would be great for this deck.

He does, and we where thinking about it. But we where worried about garbodor.

Yes yveltal BREAK is a good idea but i personally think that is a deck for itself you could tech one in for bench damage I suppose.

He does, and we where thinking about it. But we where worried about garbodor.
Pitch Black Spear is also powerful, as only two uses of it will kill a Shyamin EX or Manaphy EX and give you an extra 120 damage on the active. You should definitely add one, if not two.

Back