'Steam Siege,' America's XY11 Set in August!

So what are the cards in the English release that weren't in the Japanese release (because they were Promos, etc. in Japan)?
  • Talonflame BREAK
  • Captivating Poke Puff
  • Professor Sycamore (FA)
Surely there are a couple more?

Last edited:
Read the article.

I know we're not guaranteed the Sycamore. And yes, I've read the article... No point in commenting without have read the article.
I'm just saying that if Pokemon Ranger is really 113/114, then we got nearly a confirmation for the FA Sycamore, which is nice.

And I was not sure on that 113/114 Pokemon Ranger because I got confused with that "we can't confirm cards beyond the FA" part, since Pokemon Ranger is also Full Art.

Well I might be in the minority here but I have to say if we have Sycamore FA in this set, I personally would have preferred to have Black Kyurem instead.

Amoonguss – Grass – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Foongus

[C] Noisy Spore: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned and Confused.

[G][C] Mysterious Reaction: 30 damage. If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is Confused, it is now also Paralyzed.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Im pretty sure you can't be confused and paralyzed at the same time?
It's saying that if your opponent's Pokemon is confused, now it is paralyzed instead of confused.

Amoonguss – Grass – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Foongus

[C] Noisy Spore: Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned and Confused.

[G][C] Mysterious Reaction: 30 damage. If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is Confused, it is now also Paralyzed.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Im pretty sure you can't be confused and paralyzed at the same time?

that's what I thought, but it's what the card says, so i guess you can

This means that Volcanion and Hoopa are the non-holo rares in the set.
I wonder how many rares will be in a theme deck. Plus, it is the 1st time to see that Ultra Ball was included.

Wait... This set list doesn't make any sense!?

Where is our Full Art Jirachi from CP4?
430px-JirachiXYPromo235.jpg

We should be getting THAT this set, and FA sycamore NEXT set.
That was the XY67 Jirachi, you know that.

Pyroar was a rare?!

Whoa! So many non-holo rares in the set!
23- Rares and 9- Holo Rares

Last edited by a moderator:
Did someone spoil the set list of Steam Siege? So I will know their rarities. Especially Rares. It's hard for me to guess if that Pokemon is a rare or not. Hopefully, someone did.
im just wondering, are the secret rares (for Volcanion EX and Gardevoir EX) not included in this set?

im just wondering, are the secret rares (for Volcanion EX and Gardevoir EX) not included in this set?
I wonder that thing, too. I think the set list found in theme decks doesn't include secret rares. Just keep that in mind that your Secret Rares still included.

Back