• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard 2016/17 Rotation: Kings and Queens

Adam Ryder

Aspiring Trainer
I've been waiting for a deck I can change every-so-often and I think this might be it. Here's my current set-up for the K&Q deck...

Pokemon: 22
  • 4 Nidoran M
  • 4 Nidoran F
  • 3 Nidorino
  • 3 Nidorina
  • 4 Nidoking (Storm Siege)
  • 4 Nidoqueen (Omega Barrage one in Primal Clash)

Trainers: 13
  • 2 Brigette
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 4 Ultra Ball

Energy: 12
  • 12 Psychic

I have 13 spaces left, but I can't decide what to put there! Here of some possibilities I have chosen (they may not be the best choices):
Wally (to evolve quickly)
Evosoda (to evolve... again)
Heavy Ball (for 'king!)
Shauna/N (for better hands)
Burst Balloon (to deal even more damage)
Giovanni's Plans (to deal a little more damage)
Energy Pouch (to recycle the energies)
Parallel City/Sky Field (to give me a better chance at winning)
Red Card (to give my opponent a worse hand than before)
Ace Trainer (mix of N/Shauna and Red card?)
Switch (obvious)

Thank you for any help people give me!

danceking1711

Aspiring Trainer
you defiantly want 3 n and 3-4 sycamore, as they are staples for every deck since they are currently the best draw cards in the game. the other 6-7 cards i'd say should be as follows:
1 super rod (gets back energy after it hits the discard)
1 hex manic (for shaymin/vileplume/ any abilitys that cripple you)
1-2 lysandre (sniping weak/easy KOs)
1-2 switch/escape rope (self explained)
1-2 pokemon center lady( king and queen only have 150 and 140 hp, respectively, so this will help keep them alive)

MechanicalMarine

Princess Peach
You should add 1-2 Shaymin-EX in as well. Along with that, a Ninja Boy so Shaymin-EX can be removed from the bench and swapped with a Nidoran.

21times

Aspiring Trainer
VS Seekers are always a 4 of. Never run Shauna. Your expected return with Sycamore, Birch, and Ace Trainer is higher.

Kecleon-X

124c41+
^ Also N.

Also, if this is for the current Standard, you should try adding in Muscle Band so that you can get more damage quicker, seeing as Nidoking is a Stage 2 and is far harder to get out than a simple Tool. ;)