Blog "A Tale of Two Cities" — Parallel City With a Look at the New Yveltal / Zoroark

DrCrashMD

Aspiring Trainer
Great article, I played a lot of YZG this season and I've been curious as how to best re-tool the deck following rotation. I was curious though, did you plan to attach a list like you did with your previous article? You discussed some of the pokemon amounts and tech choices but I was hoping there would be a full deck list. Good stuff!

XacerB8

Aspiring Trainer
Great article, I played a lot of YZG this season and I've been curious as how to best re-tool the deck following rotation. I was curious though, did you plan to attach a list like you did with your previous article? You discussed some of the pokemon amounts and tech choices but I was hoping there would be a full deck list. Good stuff!
Hi, thanks for replying. I am yet to fully work on a list with this deck, so that is the reason I did not put a list in.

Not Cool!

Aspiring Trainer
I like this article a lot. Parallel City + Captivating Pokepuff seems like a very nasty combo indeed, especially with the absence of Super Scoop Up and AZ. Ninja Boy seems like it could fix a situation like that, but that doesn't mean your opponent can't Lysandre around that and grab a free two prizes from Shaymin-EX.

Parallel City could also be used to nerf Water Box, Serperior, Flareon-EX, and any upcoming Electric-type decks (Raichu and Zebstrika, most likely). While the -20 won't hurt too much, it can mess up some math and give your side an advantage for a while. Zebstrika can still one-shot Clear Humming Altaria, in spite of the damage drop from the stadium, but even with weakness, Zebstrika still can't OHKO Mega Rayquaza with Parallel City. It'll do 90 (since you're losing 20 from PC), which becomes 180 due to weakness. It would help if you had something more along the lines of Muscle Band, but that's rotating. If any anti-Ray deck wants to one-shot it with Zebstrika, they're gonna have to use Giovanni's Scheme to OHKO it. It has two uses, so your deck doesn't really lose consistency by dropping a Shauna or maybe an N.

Parallel City would also be pretty devastating to Rayquaza. Limiting your opponent to three on a bench cuts Ray down to 90 damage, and then, assuming they get Sky Field, they have to find more Basics to fill their bench with, drastically cutting their resources. Bunnelby might be a good option for M Ray decks, but it's extremely weak. Ideally, I wouldn't want to put too many EXs on my bench to satisfy M Ray's attack, because Lysandre is still a thing.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I not only liked the article, but I say, the article inspired me to make a quad-zoroark deck of my own, to see how it performs against the top dogs.

^ It took me some changes and some losses to fighting-types(prior to this list) to perfect it, but now, I believe I got a good list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 20

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
2 Yveltal BKT 94
2 Yveltal XY 78
2 Zoroark BREAK BKT 92
4 Zorua BKT 89
4 Zoroark BKT 91
2 Mewtwo-EX BKT 61
2 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 64

Trainer Cards - 30

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Lysandre AOR 78
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
2 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144
1 Super Rod BKT 149
1 Wally GEN 127
2 N NVI 92
2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
3 Parallel City BKT 145
1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
2 Float Stone BKT 137
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
3 Professor Sycamore PHF 101

Energy - 10

4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
6 Darkness Energy XYEnergy 1

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

^ That Mega Mewtwo(Y) combined w/ Mewtwo-EX(X) surely helped the above deck stand a chance against Fighters, winning a tournament against Night March(with a lot of help from Zoroark BREAK and T1 Hex), and maybe also challenging Zoroark BREAK to a friendly race every game to see who will take the most prizes out of six, at the expense of Mega Ray, maybe Giratina-EX, among other EX decks... LOL...

edit: Not seeking advice, just sharing my experience w/ quad zoroark: the subject of the free blog article that is the topic...

Last edited: