Genesect-EX / Bronzong

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
This thread is for all discussion of competitive Genesect-EX / Bronzong variants in the Standard format. This includes strategies and matchups.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means to add to the discussion. If you're looking for advice on your list, please post in the Deck Garage.

Articles:
Preliminary Nationals Testing — The Usual Suspects And Bronzong BREAK

Genesect-EX / Bronzong Skeleton List:

Pokemon: 15
  • 3 Genesect-EX
  • 1 Aegislash-EX
  • 4 Bronzor FCO
  • 3 Bronzong PHF
  • 1 Bronzong FCO
  • 1 Bronzing BREAK
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 28
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Max Elixir
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Sky Field / Reverse Valley
Energy: 11
  • 11 Metal Energy
Open spots: 6

Notes:
  • Possible additional Pokemon include Heatran PHF and Jirachi XY67.

For the last six cards I added:
+1 Reverse Valley
+1 Jirachi
+1 Heatran
+3 Trainers' Mail
It has worked pretty well for me and been semi-constant.

There is no way to recycle bronzong pieces. That means you can easily sycamore away your bronzong pieces and be stuck.

I'd say sacred ash is superior, since you want those energies to be in your discard pile. However, if You find yourself going against an ability lock, super rod would help out even More. I guess you can run one of each?

Genesect was just reviewed as the Pojo card of the day and they kind of poo pooed it but the idea of using a float stone to rotate these Genesect back and forth seems to have some merit. I'd be interested in knowing if you're having some success with this.

Genesect was just reviewed as the Pojo card of the day and they kind of poo pooed it but the idea of using a float stone to rotate these Genesect back and forth seems to have some merit. I'd be interested in knowing if you're having some success with this.
Isnt that one of the Core Ideas? Rotating always one of em on the Bench with the Active one. Since you want them to be powered up every turn if possible.

I played this deck on PTCGO, and I am amazed that this deck ALMOST beat me...

^ I was using a Zygarde/Carbink/Plume deck...

^ Carbink's Safeguard(forced Bronzong out to Active position early), timely Zoroarks(weakned the EXes sent to Active w/ Hexes thinking they can KO Carbink BREAK, only to fall after Mind Jack takes advantage of occupied Bench spaces), All Cells Burn(w/ no special attached at time of use to KO Aegislash-EX), and Lysandre(put a weakened Bronzong back in active for win) all may have combined to save the day by one prize, not to mention that 'Plume protected my Shaymin-EX from getting immediately Lysandre'd from VS Seeker(item lock), but man, I had to choose my target carefully, as there was only one avenue to victory at the end: A weakened Bronzong w/ less than a minute to go in a next-prize-taken-wins situation... Luckily, I managed to beat it w/ less than 40 seconds before time would've ran out on me...

^ As I mentioned, I took the last prize by finishing off the weakened Bronzong...

^ Ah, it's too bad Metal Link Bronzong's getting rotated... It showed potential, coming so close to beating my Zygarde deck... Gosh, this may be a bitter pill to swallow after rotation... A competitive deck like this one... Are the worthy challengers going to be MIA in Sept.? RIP Bronzong... :(

Last edited:
From what I saw at Nats this past weekend, this deck wasn't that widely used as most people thought. I was kind of shocked more people didn't run it, but as was said above, Metal Links is gone in September...

From what I saw at Nats this past weekend, this deck wasn't that widely used as most people thought. I was kind of shocked more people didn't run it, but as was said above, Metal Links is gone in September...
Bronzong got an XY promo though didn't it?

Back