Bring Serena to Alola

If Serena goes to Alola...*goes to room, locks self up in closet, curls into ball, and fears for humanity*

(Sorry, I just have an IMMENSE hatred for Serena.)

Although I personally wouldn't mind Serena making it into the next region, I seriously doubt it will happen. Nor would I expect Clemont or Bonnie to move on to Alola either. At this point I'm just waiting for the 'passing of the torch' episode where Iris shows up. It's happened with every other female character to date.

I don't know who will replace Clemont but I bet the female player trainer of Alola will replace Serena.

Although I personally wouldn't mind Serena making it into the next region, I seriously doubt it will happen. Nor would I expect Clemont or Bonnie to move on to Alola either. At this point I'm just waiting for the 'passing of the torch' episode where Iris shows up. It's happened with every other female character to date.

I don't know who will replace Clemont but I bet the female player trainer of Alola will replace Serena.
I'm waiting for the Iris episode, because Iris>Serena, and maybe Cilan will be in it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't count on Cilan being in it. They don't tend to do the same thing with the male characters as they do with the female characters. Granted Brock and Cilan met but only if you know of the episode in Japan or watched it. No non-Japanese viewer or non-episode spoiler knows about that one (in fairness that's probably a small percentage of fans).

And you're probably one of the few people who prefer Iris over Serena. Most people tend to rank Iris as the lowest liked of the female characters.

I wouldn't count on Cilan being in it. They don't tend to do the same thing with the male characters as they do with the female characters. Granted Brock and Cilan met but only if you know of the episode in Japan or watched it. No non-Japanese viewer or non-episode spoiler knows about that one (in fairness that's probably a small percentage of fans).

And you're probably one of the few people who prefer Iris over Serena. Most people tend to rank Iris as the lowest liked of the female characters.
No Cilan? Darn it. Anyways, why do people like Serena? She's bland, a Mary Sue, and Amourshipping isn't gonna be canon. No offense.

Not saying they won't have Cilan, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

I can understand why some would say Serena is bland, she can be. The same was said about May as well. And one of the most common complaints I've heard about Iris is that she's annoying. I don't know if you would agree with that or not but since you like her isn't that beside the point?

But what exactly do you mean by a Mary Sue?

I don't even count any shipping here, as this is a kids show. Granted, tell that to the people who have shipped Ash/Misty since the dawn of Pokémon time.

Is highly unlikely that Serena will be going to Alola with Ash, and Serena will most likely remain in Kalos to become the next Kalos Queen. She is going to be leaving the show since her quest is almost over.

Not saying they won't have Cilan, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

I can understand why some would say Serena is bland, she can be. The same was said about May as well. And one of the most common complaints I've heard about Iris is that she's annoying. I don't know if you would agree with that or not but since you like her isn't that beside the point?

But what exactly do you mean by a Mary Sue?

I don't even count any shipping here, as this is a kids show. Granted, tell that to the people who have shipped Ash/Misty since the dawn of Pokémon time.
Mary Sue, as in overrated, everyone loves her, seemingly perfect, is hopelessly in love with main character, etc. Look it up for more info. (Also, true dat about the Ash and Misty thing)

Mary Sue, as in overrated, everyone loves her, seemingly perfect, is hopelessly in love with main character, etc. Look it up for more info. (Also, true dat about the Ash and Misty thing)

Well we already know Serena isn't perfect, she lost a contest or two. She also started out with a less than stellar view of Pokemon, not as bad as May though. Whether she is overrated or not is debateable, I've heard that comment about May, Dawn and Iris too. In fact I have to say IMO Misty is often overrated. But yeah, definently hopelessly in love with the main character.

In some ways I think that is why they often remake the female protagonist but they'll likely never find anyone that the fans will universally agree on.

Well we already know Serena isn't perfect, she lost a contest or two. She also started out with a less than stellar view of Pokemon, not as bad as May though. Whether she is overrated or not is debateable, I've heard that comment about May, Dawn and Iris too. In fact I have to say IMO Misty is often overrated. But yeah, definently hopelessly in love with the main character.

In some ways I think that is why they often remake the female protagonist but they'll likely never find anyone that the fans will universally agree on.
Trust me, Serena is definitely overrated. All of Clemont's hashtags on Instagram are filled with Amourshipping/Serena posts. It's sad.

for my opinion compared to other female character.. serena is a better supporter compared to dawn , misty, may or iris...
in my point of view when ash lost his battle againt his kalos ice gym leader, serena did a great job make ash realize his own mistakes,
and able to help ash stand up better.
i say like the kanto and johto... for me, ash is still being pampered... and hardly stand on his own... even thought his friend around,
he still childish and see a dream as only a dream not a goal...

even in hoenn , the pewter gym leader , brock ( i dont know how to spell and to lazy to google it, is it correct ? i guess so) mostly help ash skill and battle development, May, still a great friend but on emotional count , nope she's not.. but i change my opinion when seeing her growth in sinnoh... she cool..
but i see her as normal friends character.... nothing more and less..

in sinnoh, ash maturity more into his skill and battling not based on his emotion., he still childish most of time, and still a brat... buti can see those 3 region traveling not gone to waste with dawn was a brilliant contest trainer and also brock which again ash being help most of them... which help ash develop his own skill , Sinnoh region is my fav series ... rivally with paul help him more than dawn has... hahaha i had to agreed this...

for unova... this series is a painful moment i had ever see.... iris not helping at all, plus she act mostly sister to him tease him and hardly see improvement in ash personalities.. even in a battle.. ash is fudging lame.... not everything... but i watch it.. eagerly to watch again a series like sinnoh region but im dissapointed... but its the first ash series without powerful trainer such as brock... cilan is cool gym leader but base on battle skill i vote for brock...
i watch the series but end up with dissapointment.. but when xy and yxz came out... i guess i say this is what im waiting for the ash which adult style , still childish but way more mature than any of the series he stand alone... clemont is still young.. compared to cilan brock.. i guess those 2 have more battle skill ..
but for female character.. serena is only character dared to give ash a face off... not just simple pet talk.... i vote for serena because what come to face... serena can make ash a better character in personalites and development...

romance? i would call it ROM COM.. sorry no offend... those things wont blend ... but if happen then let it happen... people hate serena but i guess i admit serena is way better than may and dawn or even misty... :) my own opinion... if the character been replace.. then it happen ... but if shes stay go for it...

I'm sorry for all of you Amourshippers, but Serena is not going to Alola, end of story. Her goal is to become the Kalos Queen, not Alola Queen. And besides, if she DID go to Alola, the only reason she would have had to go there would have been to follow a boy... Really?

If that happens, I will hate Serena to no ends. The only reason she would've gone is for a boy. Really? The writers this season aren't amazing, but no writer would be so dumb to just make Serena blindly follow Ash like a little puppy dog. That would destroy all of her character development, and make her look like she hasn't learned a thing on her journey about what's more important.

Conclusion:
Like every other poke girl, she will be scrapped and then put in a few episodes of the SM anime, and that's it for her. I'm 110% sure of this as I'd need to see a commercial to be convinced.

Back