Pokemon First Live Action Pokemon Movie in the Works, Features Detective Pikachu!

Personally a Live Action movie based on lore would've been really nice and intense.

But Detective Pikachu seems like it would be cute.

The movie feature a Pikachu! I've been wanting this forever now. Im sure most of us got tired of seeing Zangoose everywhere. Its about time a lesser known Pokemon get attention!

Someone needs to call Danny Devito ASAP

Actually, Danny Devito was asked to be the voice of Detective Pikachu by a fan and replied with "What the (profanity here) is a Pikachu!? No!". :(

I am very excited for this movie, and look forward to seeing it! :D

Yeah I don't think a movie based on the main campaign of the video games would work anyway. Being based on Detective Pikachu gives this movie a "it might not suck" possibility.

The movie feature a Pikachu! I've been wanting this forever now. Im sure most of us got tired of seeing Zangoose everywhere. Its about time a lesser known Pokemon get attention!

I mean, it's the first live-action Pokemon movie we're getting, so if it just so happens to have to feature the mascot of the franchise for this movie to get its foot in the door, I won't complain. /shrugs.

Everyone knows Pikachu, but the same can't be said for Zangoose.

(Yes, I know your post was sarcasm. It's just illogical to think it'd be about anything but the yellow turd.)

I mean, it's the first live-action Pokemon movie we're getting, so if it just so happens to have to feature the mascot of the franchise for this movie to get its foot in the door, I won't complain. /shrugs.

Everyone knows Pikachu, but the same can't be said for Zangoose.

(Yes, I know your post was sarcasm. It's just illogical to think it'd be about anything but the yellow turd.)

Lol, yellow turd.

I don't like how pikachu gets all the spotlight (but they do need it to be recognizable), but I'm so happy it's not like "Detective Charizard" or something.

If you ask me it's illogical for a Pokemon movie to feature only one Pokemon.

Anyway... this concept is uninteresting to say the least. Frankly, it's stupid. Basing the first live-action Pokemon movie on a spin-off game is insulting. Origins was captivating and true to Pokemon, why does the first live action Pokemon movie have to pander to the lowest common denominator? Why does Pikachu have to be reduced to a Minion?

Please for the love of god let it be Danny Devito, don't think he outright said no so it might happen

If he's not Pikachu, and it follows the plot of the game (or at least has the same characters) he should be Scraggy. I will settle for nothing less

So it will be a movie that resembles the Paddington Movie a little bit, although with (natural) differences story-wise...?

... Well, it could be worse. I was rather hoping for something like Pokemon Origins, but hey. I guess it really depends on what kind of mysteries that Holmesachu is going to be solving.

If you ask me it's illogical for a Pokemon movie to feature only one Pokemon.

Anyway... this concept is uninteresting to say the least. Frankly, it's stupid. Basing the first live-action Pokemon movie on a spin-off game is insulting. Origins was captivating and true to Pokemon, why does the first live action Pokemon movie have to pander to the lowest common denominator? Why does Pikachu have to be reduced to a Minion?

The game had Murkrow, Aipom, Drifblim, Gengar, and quite a few others that I'm forgetting right now. I don't know why you think it only features one Pokemon when there were others just as present? And it's pandering to Pikachu because Pikachu is the mascot and literally everyone knows who Pikachu is. It'll draw in crowds who may not know much about Pokemon but think it looks cute or funny. Those people will go home, some may look up Pokemon, buy the games, and become part of the fanbase. It's not stupid or illogical.

Not to mention the previously stated fear that having Pokemon actually, physically battle may draw PETA and other idiots who think it's too similar to rooster/dog fighting. Detective Pikachu is a safe bet for the first movie.

Like all live-action game movies, this will be a HUGE flop. Don't put Pokemon in any live-action movie, it's a terrible idea. BUT IF we seriously gotta do it and ruin Pokemon for live-action movies, best get Danny Devito to voice Detective Pikachu. I'm not playing. Do it!

Im just not seeing why Danny Devito should do it.

Hes a good actor and all but I dunno just doesn't seem right to me.

Back