ORAS What about Jirachi?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I'm currently trying to complete the Hoenn Pokedex, and I need very few Pokemon. Among them are a Pokemon known as Jirachi. I'm assuming at least some of you have completed the Hoenn Pokedex, and I was wondering:

Do you need Jirachi to complete the Hoenn Dex?

You don't need it to complete the National Dex, so I'm kinda assuming it's the same?
Hope somebody can help me!

Nope, no event pokemon is needed to complete the dex. You can complete the entire National Dex without Jirachi, Mew, Victini, Meloetta, Keldeo, etc etc.

This does spark a new question, though. Seeing as though were back in time to generation 3, surely we will be getting a new event Jirachi at some point soon. :) Maybe even as well as the Old Sea Chart Mew!

Zielo said:
Nope, no event pokemon is needed to complete the dex. You can complete the entire National Dex without Jirachi, Mew, Victini, Meloetta, Keldeo, etc etc.

This does spark a new question, though. Seeing as though were back in time to generation 3, surely we will be getting a new event Jirachi at some point soon. :) Maybe even as well as the Old Sea Chart Mew!

Japan already got one. Two actually, both were shiny. I was very jealous until I GTS traded for one :D

NarcoticHobo said:
Zielo said:

Japan already got one. Two actually, both were shiny. I was very jealous until I GTS traded for one :D
I wanted one of those Jirachis but everytime I try to get one the games says that "this Pokémon is special, you can't trade it" (I can only trade even Pokémon with someone but not via GTS)

yu6 said:
NarcoticHobo said:
I wanted one of those Jirachis but everytime I try to get one the games says that "this Pokémon is special, you can't trade it" (I can only trade even Pokémon with someone but not via GTS)

You can only trade event Pokemon obtained in xy or oras on the gts. I put up a shiny zapdos and requested a jirachi to get mine.

Well if I'm not mistaken I could have swore I read somewhere that between these two sets of games X/Y and ORAS we are supposed to be able to obtain all the Ledgends. I don't recall Mew, Jirachi, Genesect, Darkrai, Manaphy, Arceus, or Victini being obtainable in these games. Not sure about Shaymin don't know if I missed an event. But then again maybe they just meant the regular ledgends and not the event ones, which would explain the lack of them excluding the Pokebank Celebi.

They are referring to non event legends. However darkrai, shaymin, victini, jirachi, and keldeo have been made available in Japan. At this time there is no way to get mew, arceus, meloetta, manaphy, and genesect.

I am trying to complete my pokedex in omega ruby and if anyone could tell me where I can even SEE a Hitachi just to add it to my pokedex I would be very grateful!

I am trying to complete my pokedex in omega ruby and if anyone could tell me where I can even SEE a Hitachi just to add it to my pokedex I would be very grateful!

If you're just worried about dex completion, don't worry about Jirachi. Jirachi doesn't count towards the Hoenn Dex.

Are you sure it looks like there is a space for it in my pokedex.

There's an empty space for it in the Pokedex, but it's pretty much treated as a bonus Pokemon. You won't need it to get dex completion rewards like the Oval Charm or Shiny Charm or to get the certificate. You'll still have that blank space though.

If the blank space really bothers you you'll have to find someone to trade you one. The only way to get Jirachi is through external events (like limited time Wi-Fi events or serial code events), and there are no Jirachi events currently running so you're out of luck otherwise (the last Jirachi event was in April).

Back