• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Post Rotation: Steam Seige Toxicroak

The Light Music Club

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 19
  • 4 Croagunk
  • 4 Toxicroak Steam Seige
  • 2 Spinarak
  • 2 Ariados
  • 2 Jynx
  • 2 Remoraid
  • 2 Octillery

Support - 33
  • 2 Chaos Tower
  • 2 Shrine of Memories
  • 2 Pokemon Center Lady
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Wally
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Super Rod
  • 2 Assualt Vest

Energy - 9
  • 9 Fighting Energy

Translations:

Croagunk – Fighting – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Better Poison: If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is Poisoned, put 3 more damage counters on that Pokemon between turns.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Toxicroak – Fighting – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Croagunk

Ability: Poisonous Enzyme
If your opponent’s Active Pokemon is Poisoned, this Pokemon can’t be affected by damage from attacks.

[F][C] Poison Jab: 50 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Strategy:
Poison opponents actives with Ariados and use Toxicroak's ability to dodge attack damage. Use Shrine of Memories to use "Better Poison" or Chaos Tower to avoid poison on Toxicroak. Jynx is used to heal the poison damage from Toxicroak if Ariados's ability poisons him.

I (like most people) have also been thinking of an Ariados/Toxicroak deck since the translations of Steam Siege have been released. This one looks pretty solid. I was thinking of adding 2 Machamp EX as a secondary swinger because he benefits so much from Ariados and uses the same energy that the deck is using. It might be tough though considering he needs 3 energy to attack. I know it defeats the whole non-EX idea of Toxicroak but Machamp surely swings big and can OHKO many Pokemon (especially with a Strong energy attached) if you need some time to set up another Toxicroak.

I (like most people) have also been thinking of an Ariados/Toxicroak deck since the translations of Steam Siege have been released. This one looks pretty solid. I was thinking of adding 2 Machamp EX as a secondary swinger because he benefits so much from Ariados and uses the same energy that the deck is using. It might be tough though considering he needs 3 energy to attack. I know it defeats the whole non-EX idea of Toxicroak but Machamp surely swings big and can OHKO many Pokemon (especially with a Strong energy attached) if you need some time to set up another Toxicroak.

I was thinking the same thing, especially since Mega Sceptile, and Grass decks in general shut this deck down pretty well. Not sure how I can add him in here though. Maybe:

-1 Sycamore
-2 Assault Vest
-3 Fighting Energy
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Delinquent

+2 Machamp EX
+4 Strong Energy
+ 3 Special Retrieval (Or whatever the name for the Special Energy retrieval card is)

The other obvious option would be to use a 3-3 Toxicroak Line and +2 Machamp EX, then either keep Ultra Ball, Sycamore, or Fighting Energy.

Maybe I will run 3-3 anyway so I can have two switch.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing, especially since Mega Sceptile, and Grass decks in general shut this deck down pretty well. Not sure how I can add him in here though. Maybe:

-1 Sycamore
-2 Assault Vest
-3 Fighting Energy
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Delinquent

+2 Machamp EX
+4 Strong Energy
+ 3 Special Retrieval (Or whatever the name for the Special Energy retrieval card is)

The other obvious option would be to use a 3-3 Toxicroak Line and +2 Machamp EX, then either keep Ultra Ball, Sycamore, or Fighting Energy.

Maybe I will run 3-3 anyway so I can have two switch.

To be honest, idk of Machamp EX fits so well here because he does not work with Chaos Tower, and Jynx is useless when he is your attacker. So if you wanted to play Machamp, maybe take out Chaos Tower for Machamp EX and just play 1 Jynx. Or if you wanted to take Jynx out completely, you could opt for Regirock EX because he helps both Machamp and Toxicroak. And if you did that, you would not need any special energy retrieval because Regirock also boosts your attackers.

I will try to play with this deck, this is what i thing about your list
hawlucha may be good here
strong is needed
no need for Chaos Tower if you have jynx
3 super road are to much for this deck, becuase toxicroak wont be knokout that much
bridgette can be good in this deck, wally is nice but not to much
and muscle is needed in the deck because you want to put pressure and assulet vest wont do much because you wont get damge
battle comp is good for vs seeker
-4 Fighting
-1 super road
- 2 chaos tower
- 2 assulet vest

+ 4 strong
+ 1 bridgte
+ 2 mail
+ 2 muscle
and a 4 vs seeker will be nice
that is what i thing,

Last edited: