• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon-EX / Jolteon-EX

poke4trade

Raising Ash
I'm starting to see some success with Wabbafet/Garbador. Because the charge time is relatively low on Glaceon/Jolteon, I've started to lead with Wabbufet and retreat or switch back into Glaceon/Jolteon, while I build garbador up on the bench. The deck I've been running is more of a classical style deck with the full line of 4/4 N and Sycamore draw supports and no shaymins. It pickles a lot of the top tier decks into some corners, early, and because it's running a full line of supporters it's a bit harder to item lock.

But ya, I picked up 3 games against NM, 2 against grinijia and 1 against trev. Might be lucky, but wabuffet can set those decks back three, or sometimes four rounds.

BOONANA12

Lol Shiny Zard
A 1 of is never a waste when it becomes a situational play, but in the case of Umbreon, I feel any good pokemon play is smart enough to see what you're going to try to do and OHKO it the turn it comes out. Also, Mega's are not uncommon. M Ray is a very popular deck right now and I wouldn't be surprized if you see M Scizor or M Sceptile coming out more in the near future. Endgame attack is a joke attack to be honest unless you play someone that has no idea what you're trying to do. I dont see this card seeing much play. The only benefit to Umbreon is it's first attack in the event you're item locked. This is a way to do damage and get around item locking decks.
I know Mega Ray is pretty common, but, compared to the amount of Greninja, Trevenant, Night March, and Yveltal decks, more time out of 10 Megas won't be seen.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Nats are pretty intense. Like worlds, you generally will only see top tier decks. I would assume out of a possible 10 games, you might hit two or three that have a mega to it, at most.

Nationals and Worlds basically are about winning. The current top five decks will have strong showings. Mega Menetric and Ray Ray will probably be running around, but I feel they will not overcrowd the playground.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I agree. It's really just statistical at the larger tournaments. Your top tier DL will see more play because they're the most consistant right now and have the best chance at winning you rounds. That being the case, you'll see more top tier DL than anything. But that's not to say you wont see new top Tier DL like we saw at Origins where most of the top Tier DL didn't even make top 8. 3 of the top decks were the new Darkrai/Giratina/Garbodor.

Cynn

Aspiring Trainer
Why not a Jolteon EX/Glaceon EX/Garbodor deck? Complete basic/evolution lock plus no abilities..if not you could always add Smeargle with the Mew/Jolteon/Glaceon tech. Depending on what you're going for. Sushi Master--My apologies on the reference but Octillary is draw consistent, I just feel as it's not really needed you know? Unless you feel like adding Smeargle to that line with the Mew.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I feel Mew ruins the whole Glaceon/Jolteon deck. Sure it's nice to attack for 2, but what's stopping anyone from Lysandre up a Glaceon/Jolteon and KO for 2 prizes?

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Why not a Jolteon EX/Glaceon EX/Garbodor deck? Complete basic/evolution lock plus no abilities..if not you could always add Smeargle with the Mew/Jolteon/Glaceon tech. Depending on what you're going for. Sushi Master--My apologies on the reference but Octillary is draw consistent, I just feel as it's not really needed you know? Unless you feel like adding Smeargle to that line with the Mew.

I've been play testing this a bit. I haven't found the right combination yet. But what I do know is that if you hit a first turn Garbador with a wally, after some draw support with your shaymins, it pretty much will put every deck out there in an awkward position.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
If there are no Megas on the battlefield or in the game, its COMPLETLY useless. Also, Megas are uncommon. At least Raichu does damage no matter what and is useful. If there are no Megas, then Umbreon-EX is a waste of space and energy.
Most things do damage no matter what...

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I wouldn't say Umbreon is useless or a waste of space. Since item locking is pretty heavy right now, Umbreon's Veil of Darkness is a nice way to essentially play 2 professor sycamore's in 1 turn.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
I wouldn't say Umbreon is useless or a waste of space. Since item locking is pretty heavy right now, Umbreon's Veil of Darkness is a nice way to essentially play 2 professor sycamore's in 1 turn.
Exactly. This could most definitely be a setup card, and can finish off M Sceptile EX for 4 prizes. Glaceon can lock out M Sceptile and Umbreon can come in for the final swing

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Still no. With Pokemon ranger around this deck is dead.
That argument makes no sense let's say your Jolteon has an FFB it has 200 health, your opponent most likely can't kill it in one turn, then the player uses rough seas to heal same with Glaceon with 10 extra HP. Pokemon Ranger does not kill this deck

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
That argument makes no sense let's say your Jolteon has an FFB it has 200 health, your opponent most likely can't kill it in one turn, then the player uses rough seas to heal same with Glaceon with 10 extra HP. Pokemon Ranger does not kill this deck
Right. It merely presents another challenge, but that's with every deck. There has never EVER been a deck without a counter. It's how the game works.

FierySplash

Aspiring Trainer
Still no. With Pokemon ranger around this deck is dead.
A very one-sided approach to a open-minded and creative game. Every deck has its counters, whether it be Parallel City or simply a type mismatch, triumph that challenge and you'll take the game.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer

How are you figuring Pokemon Ranger does not kill this deck? I understand every deck has a counter. This deck in turn is a counter deck by all means because of the pokemons second attack and its effect that prevents damage from either basic or evolution pokemon depending if you played Glaceon or Jolteon. The whole reason someone plays Jolteon or Glaceon is because of the effect of the attack. Why else would you waste time on an EX pokemon that does 70 base damage if there effect isn't that good? The way this meta is shaping out to be is Mega heavy. Not only Mega's, but heavy hitting mega's. M Ray and M Mewtwo can easily T2 or T4 OHKO a Glaceon or Jolteon. I say easy with M Mewtwo, it'll take some luck hitting some mega turbo's, but can be done. That all being said, Pokemon Ranger is a card that does shutdown this deck because it will eliminate the strategy of the deck with no counter. Some of you are probably already thinking,"well parallel city shuts down M Ray". No, it doesnt shut it down. You can simply play sky field to get rid of parallel city, super rod to get pokemon back and play more pokemon to the bench. This is a counter to make it more difficult for M Ray to attack, but doesnt shut it down. Pokemon Ranger shuts down Jolteon/Glaceon because all you can do is 70 damage a turn now with an EX and it'll take 4 turns, 3 with FFB, to KO most Mega's.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
TBH I'm not even sure the actual decklist we're talking about. If it's a straight Jolteon/Glaceon EX DL with no additional support/counter pokemon, there's nothing more to talk about. A 2-2 line wont hurt you, but I still think having Pokemon Ranger in almost every deck will warrent not wasting time with these guys in the future.