Alternate-Colored Magearna Revealed!

SpunkyBandy

Aspiring Trainer
Sometimes, I really question why these types of movies are being made. It's one of those situations that just spout out: "Did anyone ask for these?" And this is a movie people, and the animation still looks the same as in the anime.

Queno138

Metal Balls Trainer
Sometimes, I really question why these types of movies are being made. It's one of those situations that just spout out: "Did anyone ask for these?" And this is a movie people, and the animation still looks the same as in the anime.
Turnout for the movie will make it easier to track success for the franchise.
Can churn out more merchandise, generates hype for anime and game alike.

Plus experience of watching off the big screen is supposedly better.
I've paid to watch Naruto movies before, the experience was better!

All in all, a different Avenue for generating more profit!
Also, if not movies and no anime is being produced, it may feel like the franchise it dying..

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

Dude, are you sure you're a Pokémon fan?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Dude, are you sure you're a Pokémon fan?

I ask the same questions as well at times. The japanese eat these up and thats fine but I really don't know people who can't wait to see the movie.

To me they really aren't worth seeing because they follow the same formula
but this one does peek my interest a bit. I hear Mega Pidgeot was supposed to be in this movie, most likely as a bad guy but I saw a Pidgeotto so I wonder if it does a kid Goku thing where Goku was a kid and turned in adult SSJ4 Goku and Pidgeotto turns into mega Pidgeot.

That might be too clever though because they seem to not be able to tell the difference between Pidgeotto and Pidgeot.

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
I ask similar questions about the films as well, but I might be more into it if they actually got released in cinemas here :\ and they gave out promo cards like they used to, or something like that. I understand why they don't though, Pokémon's popularity has declined in the UK :(

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I ask the same questions as well at times. The japanese eat these up and thats fine but I really don't know people who can't wait to see the movie.

To me they really aren't worth seeing because they follow the same formula

I understand that and sure, I realize they do follow the same formula but it depends on how they execute it.
I'm quite anxious to watch it because of the relationship between Volcanion and Magearna and it will also be another chance to have a look at Perfect Zygarde.
Also, the XY series has been really good, probably the best so far but the only thing it is missing is a good movie. The Hoopa movie was just decent and the Diancie one was pretty lame with that anticlimatic end.
I'm hoping for this one to be better and from what I've seen in the these trailers and taking into account the Pokémon in it, we might have here a good movie to end Gen 6.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I understand that and sure, I realize they do follow the same formula but it depends on how they execute it.
I'm quite anxious to watch it because of the relationship between Volcanion and Magearna and it will also be another chance to have a look at Perfect Zygarde.
Also, the XY series has been really good, probably the best so far but the only thing it is missing is a good movie. The Hoopa movie was just decent and the Diancie one was pretty lame with that anticlimatic end.
I'm hoping for this one to be better and from what I've seen in the these trailers and taking into account the Pokémon in it, we might have here a good movie to end Gen 6.

The main thing for me is with these movies, nothing is ever at stake... well, not that it needs to be but there should be some danger. I always felt Pokemon movies should be a standalone. Look at the first Pokemon movie, it was contained. There were stakes but they questioned humanity. Mewtwo wasn't a bad guy but question why he existed and his purpose for existing. Relationships between Pokemon isn't anything new or something to look forward to, at least to me and seems like they are playing catch up with all the new things in it.

I didn't watch the Hoopa or Diancie movie so I'll reserve judgement on it but this trailer doesn't seem that interesting to me. So far all we get is 2 legendary Pokemon, a bunch of mega evolved Pokemon who serve no real purpose I imagine and something with Zygarde. Maybe they can do something with it but I wonder if they are giving away promo cards.

This movie does look really good but I get that Arceus movie vibe from this movie.

Jaime Runt

Aspiring Trainer
I feel they should hire better writters that could create stories that are more appealing and interesting. Pokemon is full of possibilities with many of them being based on so many interesting legends and lores.

I particularly liked the first movie and the third, and to some extend I liked the lucario one, since he and his master actually died which made it unique and sad (in a good way imo). The others, however have too much of the same (endless legendaries battling each other and destroying buildings, ash in many dangerous situations that you know he will survive somehow and cute little pokemon that befriend ash and co. and can talk, not to mention him always saving the day which got old long time ago).

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
Magearna is an it not a she, no matter how it's referred to in films like Diancie, it has no gender.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
*beats fists on table* BRING BACK KURT 2K16

But naw, really. I'm really hoping that this is the shiny coloration... It gives off a really nice brassy/steampunk vibe and I am digging it. As for the movie, I suppose they can always pull off a Genesect?

I don't think there no need to bring back Kurt.

GF could have been more original instead of just going with the known white/red scheme. For Arceus sake, we had Oak's ball in the Celebi movie and we have tons of Pkball now not to say they can create new ones and model Magearna's pattern after it. Instead of creating new and interesting content with the ancient Pokémon world story, they constrict themselves.

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
I NEED THAT GLALIE HAT HE'S WEARING.
3841ff3d0fe2abdc64b599c4c9d1d357568e4647
So do I. I'd scare the heck out of everyone with that.