Finished Mafia XXXV: Pokemon Card GB3: Team GR's Last Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we trying to figure out everyone's vote weights? Isn't that more pro-scum than pro-town? I'm tempted to hammer to stop this discussion. v.v

I will be gone until 8 AM CST. If someone reaches eleven votes, please don't post in the thread.

I think Mint is a safe claim. I don't know why, but I just have that feeling. Who picks Venusaur anyway? Heh, I do.

I don't think that the vote weights are important right now.

##VOTE: TheFlyingPidove
There, I atleast voted for someone now. :p

Got back on a computer. Reading up on things.
It's that time, again! Time to claim on day 1, for the 3rd time!
3rd time? IIRC the only other time you claimed D1 was Dimensional Shift. That's AtE and an over statement.
I actually want to get lynched at this point.
Reason:
Yeah that definitely has potential to be a safe claim. Not only does it have a post-death effect, it's also a roleblocker which can function as a scum role.
##Unvote
##Vote: Quakingpunch73
Speeding up the lynch.
Here's a bandwagon. While Excal is a new player, and we should give her the benefit of the doubt, it's suspicious regardless becuase she's sheeping.
I'm not surprised that she's sheeping. Since she's a new player and doesn't have much experience, sheeping is one of the things that I would expect her to do. I'd find it scummy if she wasn't sheeping since that would mean that she's most likely being coached.
This is probably sarcasm, but we should still try to take sarcasm seriously. In Mafia 33, Celever was scum and said that he was scum in thread, so we shouldn't take sarcasm lightly.
Eh, I'm not reading it as sarcasm, more like trying to find an excuse. It's still scummy though.
You know how it feels to have two people very eager to invite you to a game they've been having a lot of fun with, so you join, and you find out that during your first day of said game, you break the rules? You know how fun it's been to have a gun pointed at my head for this entire train ride of a forum, and how due to the pressure and never knowing what to do to fix anything and trying to hide the secret so you're not incredibly ashamed afterwards? That's what this whole entire "case" about me has been. Along with the fact that I've been very confused with all of this terminology and never seeing one person ever bother to slow down and explain things (politely, I think?) it's been very difficult and stressing.
I'm not trying to draw out any sympathy from people being all "Awww look at the new girl isn't she ditzy I feel bad for her" but it's just my explanation and why I've been acting like the ditz I have been.
Even though this post is full of AtE, since Exal's new I'm reading this as new town.
I don't think that the vote weights are important right now.

##VOTE: TheFlyingPidove
There, I atleast voted for someone now. :p
This is fluff. I don't know why you would bother to vote for yourself at this point in time unless you have some role that involves that.

##Unvote

Forgot I voted for TGK

#UNVOTE

And Camo said he'll need time to reply to the rest, so might as well give him the chance.

Yeah that definitely has potential to be a safe claim. Not only does it have a post-death effect, it's also a roleblocker which can function as a scum role.
Here's the claim for reference:
[quoet="Quaking's Claim"]
You are Mint, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. You've been working undercover for the past couple years, infiltrating Team GR in order to bring them down from the inside. Unfortunately, you got sloppy during a mission, and you were spotted. Despite your love for Mark and the TCG, you have no choice but to continue your charade. When it comes down to it, though, you are on his side, 100%.

Your Favorite Pokemon is Venusaur.

200px-VenusaurBaseSet15.jpg

FP Effect: Green Aroma
Upon your death, any unused GR Support Cards will be shown to the town.

Ability: Crisis Vine
Once a night, pick a player. Any card usage by that player will fail during this night.

Win Condition: Eliminate Team GR[/quote]
My main issue with this is the flavour of the role. If Mint was spotted, wouldn't they have just gotten rid of her and made sure she didn't come back? That's a red light in my eyes, but it might just be my writer's sense coming into play.
FP Effect said:
Not only does it have a post-death effect,
Remember, Luke Atmey had a post-death effect in your game. Blow-Up Mask•DeMasque killed a voter when Luke was lynched. However, I see no reason town would have an effect like that, and revealing what the scum has could be both detrimental and beneficial to them. What stands out more to me is the bold, though, because it seems... off. I see no reason for that to be bolded. If it isn't an error with PMJ's formatting, I'd like to bet Quaking bolded this himself to support his own lynch and say his would be beneficial to town.
Ability said:
Once a night, pick a player. Any card usage by that player will fail during this night.
I don't think this ability should be our main focus right now, as it's likely not many used a card effect on Night 0. Morda has one on him, but from what I can see others don't.

All in all, this claim could go either way. I think this is a safeclaim mostly because of the flavour, but it has other flaws, such as the bolded FP Effect.

Lemme try some of that quoting again:
Quaking's Claim said:
You are Mint, and you are aligned with the Club Alliance. You've been working undercover for the past couple years, infiltrating Team GR in order to bring them down from the inside. Unfortunately, you got sloppy during a mission, and you were spotted. Despite your love for Mark and the TCG, you have no choice but to continue your charade. When it comes down to it, though, you are on his side, 100%.

Win Condition: Eliminate Team GR
I type too fast sometimes.

There are less than 24 hours remaining in day one.

Votes as of post 478

mordacazir: 1 (Card Effect)
Squirtle Squad: 0 (PikaMasterJesi)
PikaMasterJesi: 0 (thegrovylekid quakingpunch73 Camoclone Jabberwock quakingpunch73 ExcalAura4D mordacazir Camoclone)
TheFlyingPidove: 1 (quakingpunch73 quakingpunch73 TheFlyingPidove)
thegrovylekid: 1 (PikaMasterJesi Luispipe8 bbninjas)
quakingpunch73: 10 (PikaMasterJesi simsands, Squirtle Squad, Celever, PikaMasterJesi Camoclone, scattered mind, thegrovylekid, Jabberwock, quakingpunch73, Vom ExcalAura4D, Reinforce) L-1
Vom: 0 (double o squirtle Celever)
bbninjas: 0 (scattered mind)
Keeper of Night: 0 (PikaMasterJesi Reinforce)
Celever: 0 (scattered mind)
Jabberwock: 0 (PikaMasterJesi)
scattered mind: 0 (bbninjas)
ExcalAura4D: 0 (PikaMasterJesi PikaMasterJesi scattered mind Camoclone)

Not voting: 8 (PikaMasterJesi, double o squirtle, King Xerneas, Luispipe8, Miyami~~, mordacazir, Keeper of Night, Vom)

Day 1 ends June 27 at 2 PM CST, or 22.5 hours from the time of this post.

If you have reason to believe a player has reached 11 votes, do not post in the thread. You may cast a vote "to be safe" but it will not be counted if it comes after an actual hammer.

To be honest, I'm tempted to put my vote back on Quaking, but I think I want to wait to see what others have to say first. If nothing happens within the rest of today IRL, I'll probably hammer somewhere around midnight (because I stay up late and it isn't a good idea).

In addition to this, Mark's girlfriend Mint has gone missing and rumor has it she is working for Team GR despite fighting by Mark's side fifteen years ago.

Win Condition: Eliminate Team GR
This is prime safe claim material. Based on the flavour, there's a high chance Mint is either GR or Indie. And since she's missing, she shouldn't be in the game at all.

The flavour shouldn't matter because the GM has implied that any anti-town have safe claims. So unless this is an indie/mafia claiming their actual role except changed the wincon + alignment, then the flavour is guaranteed safe. What I do find problematic is the Ability being a block, and considering the scumminess of quaking, I do not want the scum to have a block.

The flavour shouldn't matter because the GM has implied that any anti-town have safe claims. So unless this is an indie/mafia claiming their actual role except changed the wincon + alignment, then the flavour is guaranteed safe.
Basically this. I think, if anything, speculating on flavour helps the scumteam, because they're the ones who are most likely to want to change their roles prior to claiming.

In that case, we should end it here. I am 99% confident Mint is scum and I think it's in our best interest to just end this.

It's purely wifom but as a host I would include that sentence about mint being missing to make everyone assume mint was a safe claim to troll everybody... Soo... It could go either way,

I think, he's been scummy so regardless of his flip info will be given, I don't see any reason not to just hammer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back