Discussion Older Pokemon Confirmed/Hinted for the Alola Dex

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So we know that in this game that the Pokedex is inhabited by a Rotom, but we don't know much about WHICH Pokemon will be appearing in the Alola Dex. So far we've seen Ledyba, Caterpie, and Pichu from the E3 livestream, what other past gen Pokemon do you think will show up?

I'd very much be interested in seeing some Pokemon that we haven't seen show up in a lot of regional dexes, such as Meowth/Persian (who luckily seems to be in, but there's no confirmation yet), Mankey/Primeape, Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss, Pineco/Forretress, Shroomish/Breloom, Shinx/Luxio/Luxray. This also might be a good time to bring back 2nd gen starters and legendaries, seeing as we're probably not going back to Johto in a new game anytime soon they need some way to introduce their Megas.

These Pokemon have been shown off so far:

Ledyba/Ledian- Ledyba is confirmed to appear in the wild on Route 1 from the Treehouse livestream
Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree- Lass Audrey is seen battling with a Caterpie on Route 1 in the Treehouse livestream
Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu- Hau is seen battling with a Pichu in the Treehouse livestream
Riolu/Lucario- Riolu is seen in a promotional image on the Alola Dex page of the Japanese website
Klefki- Klefki is seen in a promotional image on the Alola Dex page of the Japanese website
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat- Zubat is shown in the wild in a screenshot on the Japanese website
Psyduck/Golduck- Psyduck is shown in the wild in a screenshot on the Japanese website
Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed- Poliwag is shown in the wild in a Japanese trailer
Miltank- Miltank is shown in the wild in a Japanese trailer
Exeggcute/Exeggutor- Alola Form Exeggutor was revealed in the Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Vulpix/Ninetales- Alola Forms of Vulpix and Ninetales were revealed in the Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Sandshrew/Sandslash- Alola Forms of Sandshrew and Sandslash were revealed in the Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Meowth/Persian- Alola Form Meowth was revealed in August's CoroCoro
Cubone/Marowak- Alola Form Marowak was revealed in August's CoroCoro
Drowzee/Hypno- A Team Skull grunt is shown using a Drowzee in the Japanese Team Skull and Alola Forms trailer
Gastly/Haunter/Gengar- A Team Skull grunt is shown using a Haunter in the Japanese Team Skull and Alola Forms trailer
Spinarak/Ariados- Guzma is shown using an Ariados in the Japanese Team Skull and Alola Forms Trailer
Drifloon/Drifblim- Drifloon is seen in the wild in the Japanese Aether Foundation trailer
Misdreavus/Mismagius- Misdreavus is seen in the wild in the Japanese Aether Foundation trailer
Pinsir- Confirmed to be #175 in the Alola Dex in the Japanese Starter Evolutions trailer

Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence- Salamence is shown battling Solgaleo in Solgaleo and Lunala's reveal trailer
Luvdisc- A Luvdisc is seen swimming around in a fish tank in Professor Kukui's lab
Corsola- A Corsola is seen swimming around in a fish tank in Professor Kukui's lab
Rotom- A Rotom inhabits your Pokedex in this game
Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking- A Slowpoke appears on a beach in the overworld on MeleMele Island in a Japanese trailer
Dunsparce- Dunsparce is shown in a promotional image for the QR Reader
Meditite/Medicham- Medicham is shown in a promotional image for the QR Reader
Snivy/Servine/Serperior- Serperior is shown in a promotional image for the QR Reader
Tepig/Pignite/Emboar- Tepig/Pignite/Emboar is in the same starter set as Snivy/Servine/Serperior
Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott- Oshawott/Dewott/Samurot is in the same starter set as Snivy/Servine/Serperior
Beldum/Metang/Metagross- Metagross is shown battling Zygarde 10% in the Zygarde Forms trailer
Gible/Gabite/Garchomp- Garchomp is shown battling Zygarde Complete in the Zygarde Forms trailer
Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill- Typically appears as a version exclusive pair with Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
Eevee/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon/Espeon/Umbreon/Leafeon/Glaceon/Sylveon- Eevee is shown battling alongside Magearna in a Double Battle in Pikipek, Yungoos, and Grubbin's reveal trailer
Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile- Krookodile is shown battling against Magearna in a Double Battle in Pikipek, Yungoos, and Grubbin's reveal trailer
Pancham/Pangoro- Pangoro is shown battling against Magearna in a Double Battle in Pikipek, Yungoos, and Grubbin's reveal trailer
Spearow/Fearow- Tapu Koko is shown defeating a flock of Spearow in an in game cutscene
Feebas/Milotic- Milotic is shown battling Vikavolt in Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly, and Togedemaru's Japanese reveal trailer
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon- Flygon is shown battling Drampa in Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly, and Togedemaru's Japanese reveal trailer
Kangaskhan- Kangaskhan is shown battling Bruxish in Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly, and Togedemaru's Japanese reveal trailer
Emolga- Emolga is shown battling Togedemaru in Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly, and Togedemaru's Japanese reveal trailer
Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite- Dragonite is shown battling Zygarde 50% in Tapu Koko, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Drampa, Bruxish, Cutiefly, and Togedemaru's Japanese reveal trailer
Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland- The protagonist is seen riding a Stoutland in a screenshot from the official website
Growlithe/Arcanine- Arcanine is shown battling Rockruff in the Hong Kong National Championships trailer
Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire- Electabuzz is shown battling Komala in the Hong Kong National Championships trailer
Magby/Magmar/Magmortar- Typically appears as a version exclusive pair with Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
Skarmory- Skarmory is shown battling Salandit in Salandit's reveal trailer
Tauros- The protagonist is seen riding a Tauros in a Japanese trailer
Lapras- The protagonist is seen riding a Lapars in a Japanese trailer
Carvanha/Sharpedo- The protagonist is seen riding a Sharpedo in a Japanese trailer
Murkrow/Honchkrow- Murkrow is shown battling Wimpod in Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, and Bewear's Japanese reveal trailer
Munchlax/Snorlax- Snorlax is shown battling Bounsweet in Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, and Bewear's Japanese reveal trailer
Machop/Machoke/Machamp- Machamp is shown battling Mudsdale in Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, and Bewear's Japanese reveal trailer
Delibird- Ariados is shown battling Alola Form Sandslash in the Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Surskit/Masquerain- Masquerain is shown battling Oricario in the Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Nosepass/Probopass- Nosepass is shown battling Lurantis in the Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard- Charizard is a Ride Pokemon in this game
Phantump/Trevenant- Trevenant is shown taking an Inferno Overdrive attack in the Japanese Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Mankey/Primeape- Primeape is shown battling Gumshoos in the Japanese Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith- Gigalith is shown battling Lurantis in the Japanese Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Bonsly/Sudowoodo- Sudowoodo is shown battling Alola Form Exeggutor in the Japanese Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Rufflet/Braviary- Rufflet is shown battling Alola Form Vulpix in the Japanese Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra- Goodra is shown battling Alola Form Ninetales in the Japanese Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Archen/Archeops- Archeops is shown battling Alola Form Sandslash in the Japanese Alola Forms and Z-Moves trailer
Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone- Magnezone is shown battling Wishiwashi in the Japanese Team Skull and Alola Forms trailer
Makuhita/Hariyama- Hariyama is seen battling Pyukumuku in the Japanese Team Skull and Alola Forms trailer
Trubbish/Garbodor- Trubbish is seen battling Alola Form Meowth in the Japanese Team Skull and Alola Forms trailer
Magikarp/Gyarados- Gyarados is seen battling Wishiwashi in the English Team Skull and Alola Forms trailer
Torkoal- Torkoal is seen battling Turtonator in Turtonator's reveal trailer
Tirtouga/Carracosta- Tirtouga and Carracosta are seen battling Turtonator in Turtonator's reveal trailer
Shellder/Cloyster- Shellder is seen battling Sandygast in Crabrawler, Sandygast, Palossand, and Stufful's reveal trailer
Barboach/Whiscash- A Whiscash shaped boat is seen in the Japanese Aether Foundation trailer
Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss- A Huntail shaped boat is seen in the Japanese Aether Foundation trailer
Wailmer/Waillord- A Waillord shaped boat is seen in the Japanese Aether Foundation trailer
Wingull/Pelipper- Pelipper are seen flying around a tower in the Japanese Aether Foundation trailer
Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam- Alakazam is seen battling against Gladius' Type:Null in the Japanese Aether Foundation trailer.
Shieldon/Bastiodon- Bastiodon is seen battling Palossand in the Japanese Aether Foundation trailer.
Happiny/Chansey/Blissey- Happiny is seen battling Stufful in the Japanese Aether Foundation trailer.
Snubbull/Granbull- Granbull is seen battling Turtonator in the Japanese Aether Foundation trailer.
Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff- Wigglytuff is seen battling Alola Raticate in the Japanese Aether Foundation trailer.
Staryu/Starmie- A Starmie is seen in Aether Paradise in the Japanese Professor Oak trailer
Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame- Talonflame is seen battling Mega Salamence in the Starter Evolutions trailer
Goldeen/Seaking- Seaking is seen battling Dartrix in the Japanese Starter Evolutions trailer
Shroomish/Breloom- A Shroomish is seen on the counter of one of the shops in Festival Plaza in the Starter Evolutions trailer
Finneon/Lumineon- A Finneon is seen in Poke Pelago in a screenshot from the official website
Absol- An Absol is seen in Poke Pelago in a screenshot from the official website

Last edited:
Ok, I'm not gonna say what I think will happen, but rather what I wanted to happen...

I wanted the 721 (minus mythicals and etc) older Pokémon to be evenly distributed between Sun and Moon, each version having half. Each version could have a common bat line, Sun would get Swoobat and Moon would get Zubat, Sun could have Tentacool and Moon could have Frillish and so on. That would be a fun way to make the 2 versions thing not pointless and actually encourage you to trade for things you can't get instead of trading for things you're too lazy to get on your own (at least I've been doing that during gen VI :p ).

First of all, since this is and odd numbered gen. I expect and want to see more new Pokémon than Megas and older Pokémon evos..

That said, Lunatone, Solrock, Espeon and Umbreon must be mandatory and with perhaps new (non-Mega) evolutions (yes for the Eevee duo too since the fact the Eeveelutions are an adaptation to the surrondings doesn't mean it has to end there), just because they fit the Moon/Sun duo. Oh yeah, Cresselia nd Darkrai too!

I expect to see lots of older Water and Grass type Pokémon.

That's it.

I saw Dunsparce in the QR reader thingy, so that probably means it'll be included. Crossing my fingers for a Mega!

o far we've seen Ledyba and Caterpie from the E3 livestream, what other past gen Pokemon do you think will show up?
Pichu was seen too, as Hau's Pokémon. And we've also seen Luvdisc, Slowpoke and Meowth in previous trailers :)

I'd love to see some Pokémon that I think would feel natural in Alola. For me, these would be the Oddish line (hopefully with Mega Bellossom), the Binacle line, the Finneon line, the Horsea line, the Staryu line, Corsola, the Mantine line, the Wingull line and the Skiddo line (due to the introduction of goats to Hawaii)

I'd love to see some Pokémon that I think would feel natural in Alola.
For me, these would be the Oddish line (hopefully with Mega Bellossom), the Binacle line, the Finneon line, the Horsea line, the Staryu line, Corsola, the Mantine line, the Wingull line and the Skiddo line (due to the introduction of goats to Hawaii)

I agree with you! They should feel natural. So I would guess that there would be a lot of water-dwelling Pokémon, like: Chinchou/Lanturn, Krabby/Kingler or Corphish/Crawdaunt and Skrelp/Dragalge. I would guess Magikarp/Gyarados will be there, too...!

And due to (invasive) introduction on islands I would also guess some rat Pokémon (Rattata/Raticate) would be there, too.

Pichu was seen too, as Hau's Pokémon. And we've also seen Luvdisc, Slowpoke and Meowth in previous trailers :)

I'd love to see some Pokémon that I think would feel natural in Alola. For me, these would be the Oddish line (hopefully with Mega Bellossom), the Binacle line, the Finneon line, the Horsea line, the Staryu line, Corsola, the Mantine line, the Wingull line and the Skiddo line (due to the introduction of goats to Hawaii)

Not sure I'd count overworld Pokemon yet, but I forgot about Hau's Pichu. Fixed.

Here are some species from the past six generations that I think might also be native to Alola. I am going to spoiler tag the list to reserve some space.

Very likely:
-Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
-Tentacool/Tentacruel
-Geodude/Graveler/Golem
-Magikarp/Gyarados
-Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu
-Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume/Bellossom
-Psyduck/Golduck
-Machop/Machoke/Machamp
-Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam
-Onix/Steelix
-Goldeen/Seaking
-Azurill/Marill/Azumarill
-Yanma/Yanmega
-Dunsparce
-Heracross
-Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine
-Wingull/Pelipper
-Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
-Absol
-Skorupi/Drapion
-Basculin
-Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile
-Sigilyph
-Golett/Golurk
-Flabebe/Floette/Florges
-Noibat/Noivern

Personal opinions on which mons could also be native to Alola:
-Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill
-Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
-Ekans/Arbok
-Sandshrew/Sandslash
-Venonat/Venomoth
-Growlithe/Arcanine
-Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed
-Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
-Doduo/Dodrio
-Exeggcute/Exeggutor
-Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior
-Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra
-Lapras
-Eevee/Vaporeon/Jolteon/Flareon/Espeon/Umbreon/Leafeon/Glaceon/Sylveon
-Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite
-Remoraid/Octillery
-Houndour/Houndoom
-Skarmory
-Budew/Roselia/Roserade
-Carvanha/Sharpedo
-Cacnea/Cacturne
-Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss
-Combee/Vespiquen
-Gible/Gabite/Garchomp
-Snover/Abomasnow
-Karrablast/Escavalier
-Klink/Klang/Klingklang
-Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross
-Shelmet/Accelgor
-Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus
-Stunfisk
-Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame
-Skiddo/Gogoat
-Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash
-Inkay/Malamar
-Phantump/Trevenant

I'm expecting the Pidgeot line to be available in the game pretty early one and things like Eeveelutions see, like a given. Swellow may also be a thing as well since its an island Pokemon anyway, Swanna maybe and peliper for sure.

We can't necessarily assume every pokemon that appears in the trailers will be in Alola's regional dex. Sometimes they just throw pokemon into the battle scenes as like an example. For instance, Togedemaru was seen fighting an Emolga, but that doesn't mean Pikachu, Emolga, and Togedemaru will all be in the same region.

That said, here are the most likely ones we've seen so far:

-Tapu Koko fights off 3 Spearows in its entrance cutscene, and we later see a Fearow fighting Charjabug. I'd say that more or less confirms Spearow as the other early-game bird next to Pikipek.
-We've seen Slowpoke in the overworld and a Slowbro fights Tapu Koko in this trailer. Slowpoke would really fit the island setting, so it makes sense.
-Of course Meowth has an overworld model too... it remains to be seen if it can be caught in the wild, but it's pretty likely.
-Pangoro and Pancham have both shown up in trailers recently. Maybe with the games being translated to Chinese for the first time, they really wanted to be sure to get pandas in there?

I've updated the OP with Pokemon that have been shown off either in the gameplay or through promotional material. I'm not sure every one of them will be in the Alola Dex (Serperior definitely seems suspect in particular), but I wouldn't be surprised to see many of the Pokemon shown off.

Anyway, beyond those here's my updated wishlist for which Pokemon should appear:

Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable- Hasn't appeared in a regional dex since becoming Fairy
Paras/Parasect- Hasn't appeared in a regional dex since Johto
Mankey/Primeape- Hasn't appeared in a regional dex since Johto
Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel- Hasn't appeared in many regional dexes
Ponyta/Rapidash- Possibly a rideable Pokemon
Shellder/Cloyster- Hasn't appeared in many regional dexes
Krabby/Kingler- Hasn't appeared in a regional dex since Johto
Exeggcute/Exeggutor- Fits Alola's tropical environment
Tyrogue/Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan/Hitmontop- Tyrogue and Hitmontop have never appeared in a non-native regional dex
Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra- Fits Alola's tropical environment
Scyther/Scizor- Fits Alola's tropical environment
Lapras- Ice type that fits Alola's tropical environment
Ditto- Necessary for breeding
Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium- Johto starters and mascots won't get the opportunity to appear in a Johto game anytime soon
Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion- Johto starters and mascots won't get the opportunity to appear in a Johto game anytime soon
Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr- Johto starters and mascots won't get the opportunity to appear in a Johto game anytime soon
Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss- Hasn't appeared in a regional dex since becoming Fairy or many regional dexes at all
Natu/Xatu- Fits Alola's tropical environment
Aipom/Ambipom- Ambipom has never appeared in a non-native regional dex and Aipom/Ambipom fit Alola's tropical environment
Misdreavus/Mismagius- Mismagius has never appeared in a non-native regional dex
Pineco/Forretress- Has never appeared in a non-native regional dex
Snubbull/Granbull- Hasn't appeared in many regional dexes
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine- Fits the snowy mountain on the southeast island.
Mantyke/Mantine- Fits Alola's tropical environment
Stantler- Has never appeared in a non-native regional dex
Lugia- Johto starters and mascots won't get the opportunity to appear in a Johto game anytime soon, and Lugia/Ho-oh could probably fit that tower on the southeast island.
Ho-oh- Johto starters and mascots won't get the opportunity to appear in a Johto game anytime soon, and Lugia/Ho-oh could probably fit that tower on the southeast island.
Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo- Hasn't appeared in many regional dexes and fits Alola's tropical environment
Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry- Hasn't appeared in any non-native regional dexes
Shroomish/Breloom- Hasn't appeared in any non-native regional dexes and fits Alola's tropical environment
Slakoth/Vigoroth/Slaking- Hasn't appeared in many regional dexes and fits Alola's tropical environment
Wailmer/Waillord- Fits Alola's tropical environment
Numel/Camerupt- Hasn't appeared in many regional dexes
Lunatone- Fits the Sun/Moon theme
Solrock- Fits the Sun/Moon theme
Baltoy/Claydol- Hasn't appeared in many regional dexes and could possibly fit the southwest island
Kecleon- Fits Alola's tropical environment
Tropius- Fits Alola's tropical environment
Spheal/Sealeo/Walrein- Ice type that fits Alola's tropical environment
Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss- Hasn't appeared in many regional dexes and fits Alola's tropical environment
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray- Hasn't appeared in any non-native regional dex
Buizel/Floatzel- Personal favorite of mine
Drifloon/Drifblim- IDK why, but I can see it fitting Alola's environment
Spiritomb- Hasn't appeared in any non-native regional dex
Skorupi/Drapion- Personal favorite of mine
Carnivine- Fits Alola's tropical environment
Finneon/Lumineon- Hasn't appeared in any non-native regional dex and fits Alola's tropical environment
Blitzle/Zebstrika- Personal favorite of mine
Drillbur/Excadrill- Personal favorite of mine
Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad- Hasn't appeared in any non-native regional dex
Cottonee/Whimsicott- Hasn't appeared in a regional dex since becoming Fairy
Petilil/Lilligant- Fits Alola's tropical environment
Darumaka/Darmanitan- Fits Alola's environment
Vanillite/Vanillish/Vanilluxe- Ice type that fits Alola's tropical environment
Frillish/Jellicent- Hasn't appeared in any non-native regional dex and is less used than Tentacool
Alomomola- Fits the tropical region (plus it would be fun to say I found an Alomomola in Alola)
Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross- Hasn't appeared in any non-native regional dex and fits Alola's tropical environment
Cubchoo/Beartic- Could possibly fit the snowy mountain on the southeast island
Golett/Golurk- Could possibly fit the southwest island
Rufflet/Braviary- Hasn't appeared in any non-native regional dex
Vullaby/Mandibuzz- Hasn't appeared in any non-native regional dex
Larvesta/Volcarona- Hasn't appeared in any non-native regional dex and could fit Alola's tropical environment
Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame- Currently popular in competitive (although perhaps not for long if Bruxish has anything to say about that) and could fit Alola's environment
Flabebe/Floette/Florges- If Sun/Moon is wrapping up XY's plot, we may see Eternal Flower Floette in this game
Skiddo/Gogoat- Possibly a rideable Pokemon
Inkay/Malamar- Could fit Alola's tropical environment
Skrelp/Dragalge- Could fit Alola's tropical environment

And here's who I think could be version exclusive:

Growlithe/Arcanine vs. Vulpix/Ninetales
Heracross vs. Pinsir
Magby/Magmar/Magmortar vs. Elekid/Electabuzz/Electivire
Ho-oh vs. Lugia
Wingull/Pelipper vs. Ducklett/Swanna
Sableye vs. Mawile
Lunatone vs. Solrock
Dwebble/Crustle vs. Binacle/Barbaracle
Rufflet/Braviary vs. Vullaby/Mandibuzz
Solgaleo vs. Lunala (confirmed)

Caterpie/Weedle may be more frequent in one version, but as usual I think you'll be able to catch both.

All mountainous pokemon for sure. Fire pokemon will be lurking around the volcanoes and a ton of tropical-like pokemon.I would assume they are going to expand moreso on the underwater theme too and i actually really liked what ORAS did there, it just needs more. We may not see a lot of metal or electric. I hope we aren't screwed on bug pokemon this time around either like we were in ORAS as getting a Pinsir, Heracross or Scyther was a pain.

A new trailer was posted showing wild Poliwag and Miltank, as well as rideable Tauros, Lapras, and Sharpedo.

EDIT: Murkrow, Snorlax, Machamp, and Ariados are seen in the Japanese reveal trailer for Wimpod, Bounsweet, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, and Bewear. OP has been updated.

Last edited:
Updated the OP with the new Alola Forms shown off today. Man, does that really makes having old Pokemon reappear more interesting.

I would say that the things in the spoiler below would be added
Rattata/Raticate
Spearow/Fearow
Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone
Krabby/Kingler
Onix/Steelix
Chinchou/Lanturn
Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine
Slugma/Magcargo
Budew/Roselia/Roserade
Relicanth
Starly/Staravia/Staraptor
Kricketot/Kricketune
Finneon/Lumineon

And these could be version exclusive:
Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume vs. Bellsprout/Weepinbel/Victreebel
Krabby/Kingler vs. Corphish/Crawdaunt
Staryu/Starmie vs. Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable
Scyther/Scizor vs. Pinsir
Sewaddle/Swadloon/Leavanny vs. Florantis/Lurantis
Solrock vs. Lunatone
Slugma/Magcargo vs. Houndour/Houndoom
Seviper vs. Ekans/Arbok

I can't see it on any of your lists (correct me if I'm wrong and it is on there), but Cubone and Marowak look like they're gonna be in the dex; one of the trial captain people has been confirmed to have a Marowak.

I can't see it on any of your lists (correct me if I'm wrong and it is on there), but Cubone and Marowak look like they're gonna be in the dex; one of the trial captain people has been confirmed to have a Marowak.
Thanks for posting! Cubone and Marowak are in the "hinted" spoiler for now. The only confirmed Pokémon are those actually seen to be being used by NPCs, found in the wild in footage, or those with Alolan formes. Though yeah, Marowak is probably in, because Kiawe is almost certainly gonna fight the protagonist. :)

Back