Collecting The "Look What I Pulled" & Pull Rates Thread

Hey, I've been trying to figure something out here...

What's the rarity on an uncommon in a given set?
For example, if there are 20 uncommons s in a set, and only one good one... Will my odds of pulling the good card in a single pack be 1082/6840 if I exclude the Reverse holo?
I get this number because of the fact you can't pull the same card twice within the 3 uncommon slots, and so instead of 3/20 you get 1/20 + 1/19 + 1/18

Are there "short prints"? Do the sorting algorithms follow a different path than usual?

I know that it was commonly believed that there were some short prints in earlier sets, but I'm not sure if that data exists for any newer sets to indicate whether they've continued the practice or not.

I bought six Breakpoint packs today, in my neverending quest to pull a pack-fresh Skyla FA.

She continues to elude me. She must have learned how to avoid me from all the girls in my high school...

I bought six Breakpoint packs today, in my neverending quest to pull a pack-fresh Skyla FA.

She continues to elude me. She must have learned how to avoid me from all the girls in my high school...
I bought 4 BREAKPoint packs a while back, and pulled a Full Art Manaphy and Full Art Skyla.

I went to target and bought a ex figue cube. I got the primal kyogre figure, metagross ex and two booster packs along with some commons. I pulled a Groudon ex out of one pack and nothing out of the other one. How good were mypulls and is that metagross ex playable?

I opened some Dollar Tree Fates Collide packs yesterday, I bought 43 packs and usually in every 4 packs you want the middle card to be a common in 2 packs, a reverse in the 3rd and a rare in the 4th. This equals 1 regular $4.19 pack. The thing with Dollar Tree boxes is they are not evenly distributed for ratios, ie normally 1 in 3 here would be 1 in 12. All the holos/reverses can be lumped together as well as all the non holos. I'm pretty sure every box has ultra rares/holos/rares in them. I like to pick up packs from various locations in the box to have the best chance at getting rares. Ended up with 10 completed packs, which was 40/43 packs.

I pulled another M Alakazam FA, my 3rd I believe. Wasn't shocked since in Primal Clash I pulled 5 of the Mega Gardevoir FA and not one of the normal. So this set is following suit lol. Also pulled a Mew Holo, the best holo so that was good. Also pulled 3 new reverses, which is funny since I didn't get any in my last booster box.

I also opened some more Mystery Power Boxes, I pulled an Aggron FA, a Xerneas Ex, Virizion Holo and Carbink Holo.

Finally got my Manaphy Mythical Collection box.

Pulled a Flareon-EX, reg art. No UR in the second pack.

But something magical happened... I pulled a reverse Slowpoke out of both packs! The adorableness of that card speaks to me on an emotional level.

Opened 25 Fates Collide packs from a different Dollar Tree.

I pulled Glaceon Full Art, 1/3 of the full arts I need from the set.

Also pulled a Carbink Break and 2 holos.

Opened 3 EX Team Rocket Returns booster packs and got one of my favorite EX cards, Rocket's Entei EX.

Had saved the packs for a while, and randomly decided to open them because it's one of my favorite sets.

I probably shouldn't open anything in 1.5 years, seeing as I've been so lucky in the past month. My pulls usually suck.

I've had some REALLY insane luck with pulls as of recent. I got a triple pack of Fates Collide from a Tesco and pulled a secret rare Alakazam EX, got a pack from my club on Tuesday and got a Lugia BREAK, and today I brought a Shaymin Mythical Pokémon Collection out of GAME, and pulled these two!

CmSYR25XgAAS3UI.jpg

I don't know how much of a accomplishment this is but I got the Mythical collection Shaymin box yesterday.

One pack had M. Gardevoir EX in it (admittedly my fourth) and Charizard EX.
The other pack had Sylveon EX regular art and M. Venusaur EX.

I've been getting SOOO many Gardevoir EX'es now in total from the Generations series D: Even though it's a great card, the frequency is driving me nuts TT_TT

The Golem holo rare is pretty badass, though! *-*

Mythical Manaphy Collection Box opening:

Picked up a Shaymin Mythical box today. I think it's the most perty Mythical promo so far.

First pack had nothing special. But second pack had a reverse Metal energy, Flareon-EX (reg), and Jolteon-EX. Paid for the box, plus some, right there.

My wife got me a Generations Elite Box (I loves bunches *^*). And, I got M-Gardevoir Ex FA, Meowstic Ex, Ninetales Ex, M-Venusaur Ex and a M-Charizard Ex.
Even though I got cool stuff I like the sleeves and the dice much more x3

I opened a Japanese Blastoise Mega Battle Pack yesterday, which came with two Awakening Psychic Kings and a EX x Mega x BREAK pack, and managed to snag up 3 EX's, including the Blastoise-EX promo: Kingdra-EX and a reverse Rayquaza-EX! Now I have a FA Kingdra in English and a regular in Japanese, I guess Kingdra likes me! :D

Opened 3 EX Team Rocket Returns booster packs and got one of my favorite EX cards, Rocket's Entei EX.

Had saved the packs for a while, and randomly decided to open them because it's one of my favorite sets.

I probably shouldn't open anything in 1.5 years, seeing as I've been so lucky in the past month. My pulls usually suck.

I had 10 packs of team rocket returns and opened 4 packs a two years ago, getting some holo (I forgot which one) and rockets moltres ex, the set has really nice cards, and reminds me of opening cards as a kid, however these packs are worth a ridiculous amount of money now. They sell for $50 a piece. I still have 4, becuase I had also traded two for a Regirock gold star (got graded psa 10 :)

I had 10 packs of team rocket returns and opened 4 packs a two years ago, getting some holo (I forgot which one) and rockets moltres ex, the set has really nice cards, and reminds me of opening cards as a kid, however these packs are worth a ridiculous amount of money now. They sell for $50 a piece. I still have 4, becuase I had also traded two for a Regirock gold star (got graded psa 10 :)

Yeah it's a really cool set. Remember opening lots of packs when I was younger.

Knew the packs had a high value, but I collect mainly for nostalgic reasons so it was really cool to open them again (first time in like 10 years, lol).

Back