Ability: Stance Change
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak

aeigslash hard walls kangashkhan (unless running sucker punch). flash cannon gets rid of fairies and normal types. shadow sneak is a priority move that can snipe weakened foes before the opponent can do anything. shadow ball is a commonly used move as it hits a lot of pokemon for neutral damage, or at least hitting the pokemon flash cannon can't for neutral damage.

Lando (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Knock Off

landorus and thundurus pair pretty well together since i can use earthquake for free. Another advantage is that if thundurus is knocked out rock slide covers flying types. i may try muscle band at some point, being locked into knock off is a bit annoying.

THUN THUN THUN (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

like i mentioned with landorus, they pair well together by covering each others weaknesses. I think I preferred having the therian forme, but this is fine too. i really like the disruption with taunt and thunder wave.

Kissy Shroom (Amoonguss) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

amoonguss is an excellent wall. rage powder does wonders for getting whatever it's paired with to not be KO'd. I don't find myself using protect all that much, but i don't really know what else I would put.

Wash Me! (Rotom-Wash) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 36 SpA / 164 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

rotom is great for covering amoonguss' fire weakness. together they make a huge wall that is very hard to tear down. it also helps against talonflame and kyogre, which i have been seeing a lot.

Guard Devour (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 108 HP / 124 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Focus Blast

mega gardevoir is a great attacker that hits a lot of stuff. i do find it to be a bit too frail, though. i worry about getting outsped.

rate the nicknames too please. :p

Last edited:
Hello there! Before we can rate your full team, please edit your post with description about each Pokemon- Why you've chosen each set etc. For more details, please read the RMT rules here

Welcome to PB ! :)

First, I think that you should replace Stealth Rock on Landorus-T. Hazards are not so good in Doubles, AFAIK. Mainly because, there are not many switches and not many Pokemon to switch in and out, as opposed to OU singles where you have 6 Pokemon and a lot of switches. Giving Landorus-T Choice Scarf can make it extremely fast, though you then need to switch Swords dance. You can always replace Stealth Rock for Protect.
Second, I really like the synergy of Thundurus and Mega Manectric's Discharge. However, I feel like Thunder Wave is unnecessary, since you do have Discharge with a decent chance to paralyze the opponent, as well as the fact that Mega Manectric likes to attack, and is really not build for taking hits. That is why I think you should replace TW with Protect. Another thing about Mega Manectric is Volt Switch. It is not very necessary, again, because of how switches in doubles are not very frequent, and most of the times you just want to stay in, and not to switch. Giving Mega Manectric another attack, like Hidden Power Ice, may work for you better.
Above all, it seems that your team is made of too many set-up sweepers. Usually, even in OU singles, where you battle with 6 Pokemon instead of 4, you usually use only one or 2 set-up sweepers. In Doubles, it is even more unnecessary, as you need more support against 2 Pokemon that can attack your setting up Pokemon. So for example, replacing Breloom for Amoonguss, can give you a bulkier Grass type, which can use Spore and Rage Powder to disrupt your enemies and let Amoonguss' partner to set up easier.

Hey there @multitype arceus! This is a really neat team. :) There are a couple of flaws I can see here and there, though, so let me talk you through my thought process behind this rate, and then I'll give you some recap at the end.

The first thing I want to look at with your team is the general type synergy, and how all of your Pokémon's different roles on the team interact, as well as the actual calibre of Pokémon you've chosen. Many of these Pokémon are very poor in the metagame and easily beaten. The type synergy on your team also isn't great, and a lot of your team actually share common weaknesses. For example, 3 of your Pokémon are weak, with one of them being quad-weak, to Ice-Type attacks, while you only have one Pokémon resistant to Ice-Type attacks, found in Cloyster. Both of your bulky Pokémon are weak to the ubiquitous Fighting-Type, and your two resists to Fighting-Type attacks both have poor physical defence. You also have two Pokémon that are weak to the Fairy-Type and no resists to the move at all. Two thirds of your team are set-up sweepers, which actually aren't good in the metagame in general, and you lack a stallbreaker, wallbreaker or dedicated support Pokémon. You also don't have any form of priority.

Looking into the Battle Spot metagame a little more (with a little help from this site), you don't have even a check to the Pokémon used on 45% of Battle Spot Doubles teams: Kangaskhan-Mega. You lack a Normal-Type resist or immunity, and as previously mentioned, you're generally quite weak to the Fighting-Type attacks which the Pokémon oftentimes runs. Every Battle Spot Doubles team requires a counter to this beast, and there are basically four main ones: Intimidate, Aegislash, Will-o-Wisp and Fighting-Type Pokémon. While you have Breloom, it is very frail, and so doesn't stand up to Kangaskhan very well. I would recommend putting Aegislash on your team because it has excellent type synergy, resisting Ice-, Fairy- and Fighting-Type attacks, while also countering Kangaskhan-Mega. Manectric-Mega is unneeded with Thundurus-Therian as they possess similar roles. The latter's set will be changed to be more of a stallbreaker, which is Manectric-Mega's main role, but Thundurus-Therian simply does it better. As such, Manectric-Mega should be replaced with Aegislash.

Doubles is an offensive metagame, and you don't need a wall. Umbreon is useless in this metagame because it doesn't have a supportive learnset. Bulk isn't bad and support is essential, but there are better bulky support Pokémon you can use which aren't Umbreon. The bulky support Pokémon which fits best on your team is Amoonguss, as @scattered mind identified above. In terms of type synergy, it would be best replacing Breloom, whose role and general typing does much less for you than what Amoonguss does. Amoonguss offers you help against heavy hitters your opponent uses in difficult matchups and is generally very useful. I'll go into its moveset etc. more a bit later. Amoonguss also has excellent typing for your team as, though it is also weak to Ice-Type like Breloom, it resists Fairy- and Fighting-Type attacks as well.

Landorus-Therian's moveset should be changed to be a physical wallbreaker, and Thundurus will become your stallbreaker. This leaves you a little vulnerable to breaking down special bulk, and now that Manectric-Mega has been removed, you have a lack of spread moves. Therefore, I think that Gardevoir-Mega will be an excellent replacement on your team. Its Hyper Voice deals a lot of damage (and doesn't damage your partner, which is always a plus!), and the Fairy-Type also lets you hit Dragon-Type Pokémon, which you wouldn't have answer to when Cloyster is also replaced for being very weak in this metagame. It can be the replacement for your Umbreon.

Finally, to replace Cloyster I would suggest Rotom-Wash. The Pokémon has Will-o-Wisp which helps you wall physical threats, and its Levitate lets is pair very adeptly with Thundurus-Therian. It also gives you an option for strong special moves besides Gardevoir-Mega, though Gardevoir-Mega is nothing too special.

Onto moveset changes now, and both of your remaining Pokémon having modifications that need to be made. Landorus-Therian isn't at all terrible, but to make up for its relatively poor speed for the tier, I would recommend equipping a Choice Scarf instead. Naturally, this means replacing Swords Dance and Stealth Rock, and the best options are Superpower, to hit threats like Kangaskhan-Mega hard without having to worry about Wide Guard, and U-Turn, which is useful in the tier since hazards are rarely used. Stone Edge should also be replaced with Rock Slide, because the latter is spread and has a notable flinch chance.

Thundurus-Therian should be changed into standard Thundurus so that it gets the ability Prankster. Then, make its moveset Thunder Wave, Taunt, Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Ice. This allows it to play a stallbreaker role with Taunt, outspeeding all of your opponent's Pokémon, or cripple your opponent's sweepers with a priority paralysis. Hidden Power Ice is useful because Ice-Type is a good typing in the tier and you lack it elsewhere.

The other sets for your Pokémon can be found in the below spoiler:
Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 36 SpA / 164 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 108 HP / 124 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Protect
- Focus Blast
I understand that a lot of changes have been made and it's regrettable, but only 1 of your current Pokémon is in the top 64 most used Pokémon in the tier, and that's for a reason. I built around that Landorus-Therian though, and I hope that my post let you tap into the mind of a teambuilder a little bit to help you in the future! :)

As a note, in the post which @scattered mind linked you to in his first post in this thread, it stipulates that all RMTs need at least 3 lines of description under each Pokémon. Your RMT doesn't fulfil this requirement, and our department head told us to make sure you knew that if you don't add more lines to your OP, the thread is at risk of being taken down. It shouldn't be difficult to write more lines, just put down whatever comes into your head! :p

Also, judging from some of your descriptions, it seems like you're relatively new to VG. Welcome! If you want more help with this whole thing, check out our tutoring thread here. <3

thank you @Celever. sorry i took so long to fix this, i thought and tested quite a bit. i do see a lot of improvement, but as you can see in my edit i noticed a few problems.

Have you ever thought about running Assault Vest on Landorus-T? It can help you take an extra hit while giving you the freedom to switch between moves.

Back