New Character Teased in Pokken Tournament Advertisement!

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Like what happened with Smash Bros last year, people have looked at the files in the latest patch data. These files were not there in previous updates, which may suggest that they are future DLC.

Scizor has Slash as one of its attacks and is the most complete of the three. Darkrai knows Dark Pulse and Dark Void. Empoleon knows Rock Smash.

I don't know how many people here are familiar with ISO and ROM data, but it's actually illegal to share links to them. I can post the file names but they are fairly complex and entirely in Japanese.

What do you guys think? Are these characters you'd like to see and play as?

Scizor is the most obvious one, and that should have been considered before things like chandelure, imo.
I'd love to see the animation of these Pokemon. If I understood correctly, we are talking about hackers that have revealed these Pokemon are going to be added to the Pokken game?

Yeah, the hackers found attack files for them. We don't have any models yet.

Nothing is confirmed, but considering that these files weren't in the game files until yesterday's patch, it seems likely.

Is it possible some of these guys are support Pokemon? Darkrai sounds like a confirmed fighter simply because it had more than 2 moves, but I'd be interested in them also bringing Scizor and Empoleon to the ring.

Really important update here.

This trailer is from Bandai-Namco, the devs of Pokken. The arcade versions of Pokken are finally getting Shadow Mewtwo, Garchomp and Braixen which is what the trailer is announcing. HOWEVER, the part I've linked to, says "New Battle Pokemon Coming" in Japanese. The arcade version and Wii U version have the same rosters now so there's really only one way to interpret this news.

CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

pokken-tease-1-656x364.jpg

On July 20th, the Japanese arcade version of Pokken will be updating to include Braixen, Shadow Mewtwo and Garchomp. I've provided the above image, which is part of their advertising. There's really only one way to read the image and I'm sure I don't need to tell you how.

They will broadcast the arcade update at 7am ET July 14.

Back