• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M-Manectric's Comeback into the Meta

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
manectric deck.jpg

Pokemon: 15
4 Manectric EX
3 M-Manectric EX
1 Jolteon EX
1 Glaceon EX
2 Shaymin EX
1 Jirachi (promo)
1 Regice
1 Smeargle
1 Mew

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
1 AZ
2 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Max Potion
3 Manectric Spirit Link
4 Ultra Ball
4 Max Elixir
3 Vs Seeker
2 Head Ringer
3 Rough Seas (Considering replacing with sky field)

Energy:
7 Lightning Energy
4 Water Energy

Overview:
The concept of this deck is fairly straight forward, with a few additions to the standard M-Manectric deck. I decided to run a mew with various pokemon to utilize it's ability for most situations. Essentially, with the amount of large amount of basic pokemon (excluding Mega Manectric), you can essentially use any pokemon for any situation and to be able to stall or prevent attacks from your opponent. The mews are an added attacker due to the free retreat cost, and ability to copy abilities with just having the necessary energy.

Strategy:
Ideally the deck should set up 1-2 manectrics in order to mega evolve the following turn. I have considered using sky field due to the large amount of basic pokemon I use at a time. Once you have your standard setup with the manectric, adding a mew and a secondary attacker to the bench is preferred. Example, having a manectric set up, a mew on the bench, and a pokemon that could benefit your game (Example: if you are against a night march deck, i would search for a jolteon to use it's attack to prevent attacks from basics). With turbo bolt bringing energies from the discard pile, and max elixirs to set up basic pokemon with energies, grabbing energies will not be an issue whatsoever. There is no need for battle compressors as ultra balls and sycamores do most of the discarding. I have Jirachi as a tech for any decks who run large special energy, Regice to stop all damage from Exs, Glaceon to prevent attacks from evolved pokemon, and 1 copy of Smeargle in order to swap energies from the discard pile with the active if i do not have the proper energy on a pokemon.

I love and appreciate all comments and ideas to help the deck out. I enjoy the feedback, and would want to make Manectric viable again. Thanks!

MikeIsMyIke

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure 11 energy is enough to warrant 4x Elixir, Manectric is already fast and I don't think it'll be very often that you'll be able to hit a t1 manectric while also getting two energy into the discard pile to accelerate.

Aside from that, the list looks fairly solid. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't run a 4th vs seeker tho.

Are you able to handle the fighting match up?

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
The fighting matchup deals fairly decent due to the mews and the regime's attacks. If i encounter gar chomp, i try to get my glaceon out as fast as possible to prevent any evolved pokemons attack. Aside from that, its fairly decent. What would you suggest anything on the energy count? Its a lot for the 4 max elixirs, and i get 3/4 of the tries of using them in play. I wanted to stay as consistent as possible. Let me know what i should change, i appreciate it!

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
One of the keys to beating this deck with Garchomp (and some others too) is to just play Escape Rope-Lysandre combo or just Lysandre around the opponent's Active. Garchomp can then easily 1HKO any EX in this deck. This deck will also have issues with Zygarde EX decks too (Regice can't stop it either, IMO). I'd be happy to discuss my successful tactics via PMs.