• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Vileplume Lock (my First Expanded Deck)

newbator

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 16
  • 1 Bunnelby PRC 121
  • 2 Miltank FLF 83
  • 3 Oddish AOR 1
  • 3 Gloom AOR 2
  • 3 Vileplume AOR 3
  • 1 Jirachi EX PLB 60
  • 3 Regice AOR 24
(I know... I need Shaymin EX, but i don't have it...)

Trainers/ Supporters/Stadiums: 33

• 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Giant Plant Forest
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 3 AZ
  • 1 Tierno
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Vs Seeker
Energy: 11
  • 7 Water Energy
  • 4 Colorless Energy

The strategy is to evolve Oddish to Vileplume in first turn (or later, but First turn Vileplume is awesome) and attack with Miltank (80 dmg for 1 energy) or Regice (70 for 3, plus EX immunity). Hex and AZ for recover ou reutilize itens. I don't have Shayming EX :(...

I play this, and I think that your list is promising. The only thing I would take out the Shauna and the Tierno for some N. You could really use Shaymin, but if you don't have any, I guess that's fine. Definitely consider picking some up if you want to get serious into the PTCG. Not all decks play them, but can usually use them.

N flips either way. Either N can give your opponent some better stuff under item lock, or can cripple them into dead drawing. It also really helps if you don't get a good start, since you basically die if no T1 VP.

I think that Vileplume is good, but it has many weaknesses. Playing Toad all last year, you realise that it's not just item lock that is so deadly. It's the hammers, the lasers, the crawdaunts, the bats, all sorts of crazy things that add to the lock. Vileplume nullifies all of that, or at least makes it a bit stale. Vileplume also deaddraws a ton.

The next time I play vileplume, it will be with Noctowl Break. And not seriously either, just for fun.

Nice list tho :)

I get N and take out 2 Shauna, and I think is better:
Trainers/ Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Giant Plant Forest
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 3 AZ
  • 1 Tierno
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 N
  • 1 Vs Seeker

Tierno is very situational, but sometimes is necessary (also Hex Maniac).

My recent games with this deck:

When I went First:
Wins (10)
  • Charizard EX/Delphox
  • Kangaskhan/Entei
  • Delphox/Entei/Lugia
  • Jirachi/Genesect (??)
  • Kyogre EX
  • Latios EX + a lot of water pokemons
  • 4 times first or second turn wins
Loses (3)
  • Water Deck (Articuno, Gyarados, etc.)
  • Mewtwo EX
  • Yveltal/Yveltal EX (3 Regices on Prize Cards :( ...)
When I went second:
Wins (5)
  • Greninja Break deck
  • Charizard EX/Delphox
  • Ho-Ho EX (???)
  • Florges EX/Gardevoir EX
  • Lugia/Raichu Break
Loses (4)
  • Lugia EX/Gengar (bad plays)
  • Gallade/Manectric/Cresselia (bad draws)
  • Lugia/Gyarados EX
  • Yveltal/Yveltal EX (starting with Jirachi EX and all Glooms in prize... autoloss)

Not bad, after all...

No offence, but the decks you won against seem a little unorthodox. I haven't ever seen anyone play at least 75% of the decks there, and they don't sound the most competitive. I would go on TCGOne and test against real meta decks, like night march, dark, Raichu bats, trevenant, etc.

Yes, mostly. But Charizard EX/Delphox/Entei is rated Tier 3, Greninja Break Tier 2, and I think i won 1 Yveltal EX first turn (but I lose 2)... This Deck plays against hinself...

Yes, mostly. But Charizard EX/Delphox/Entei is rated Tier 3, Greninja Break Tier 2, and I think i won 1 Yveltal EX first turn (but I lose 2)... This Deck plays against hinself...
I will agree with Emskas here. He's not trying to say your wins were not important, but he makes a solid point. You should find some good play testing players who know the game well and practice each individual matchup well. Then if you find matchups that aren't so favorable, tech cards to help improve the matchup or if you feel the deck isn't successful just move onto a new one. I probably change what deck I'm going to play for a larger tournament (regionals, states etc.) like 6 or 7 times. I feel you have a nice idea but you should find some good play testing partners with top tier decks like Night March, Yveltal, Vespiquen/Vileplume, Trevenant, and ToadTina. Hope this helps!!! :)

I will agree with Emskas here. He's not trying to say your wins were not important, but he makes a solid point. You should find some good play testing players who know the game well and practice each individual matchup well. Then if you find matchups that aren't so favorable, tech cards to help improve the matchup or if you feel the deck isn't successful just move onto a new one. I probably change what deck I'm going to play for a larger tournament (regionals, states etc.) like 6 or 7 times. I feel you have a nice idea but you should find some good play testing partners with top tier decks like Night March, Yveltal, Vespiquen/Vileplume, Trevenant, and ToadTina. Hope this helps!!! :)
I can't agree more with gabking, it is very important to find testing partners and test against all kinds of decks. I would like to add mega rayquaza, vespiquen raichu gallade, vespiquen eeveeloutions, mega mewtwo y, and entei charizard ex.

Back