Blog Spittin' Truth on the Rogue Regal Pokémon: Serperior

Like mentioned before, I think you need to adjust the humor ballance. I think for me you went a little over the top this time, unlike your previous articles. But like you said if this is your style then you got to go with it. I know how much work goes into writing and editing this and if you can write one article each month you are greatly contributing to the community, and people apreciate that. Don't change the way you are and the way you write because people might or might not like it, share what you feel is important. I am just saying that I like it more straight forward, but that doesn't mean I wont read your next articles. The majority of the blog was a good read and I enjoyed some of your insights. Keep writing :)

@Lanstar: Yeah, sometimes you just need the right list. I hope this one works out for you. (The same thing happens with Bees for me...just can't get along with it.) Thanks for the read! :)

@BlazingZekrom: Jason Klaczynski used the red Fennekin coin at Nationals last year and dubbed it his "lucky coin." It was said that the coin flipped a crazy amount of heads haha. That was what I was getting at.

@BravoBoogie: Thanks for your feedback man! :) Yup. Like I mentioned in the article, definitely got carried away but I wouldn't have addressed it in the article if I didn't know that I was going pretty deep with the intro. I think my lengthy introductions differentiate my writing from the majority of the authors here on PB, because many simply open with a greeting and tell the audience the purpose of the article. I find it drab and a little redundant, so this was what I went with. Thank you for those kind words man, they really mean a lot. This is an excellent avenue to write freely (and potentially for rewards) but I'm more excited to just pass on my thoughts with a community that has been good to me for some years. Thank you for taking time to bear with my writing style and understanding the core of the material I was aiming to share.

I liked the idea of throwing in a kriketot in my serperior deck. Usually unnecessary, but if played early, that little bug can work miracles with forest. Plus, if it gets in the way, scoop up and AZ are always there. My friends have really inconsistent decks, so kriketot can really gear me up for battle while they get ready. P.S., a compressor or two might help in case of a grass deck (to ditch ariadios) or as a last resort, to pair with revitalizer.

I wanted to try to take advantage of the fact that Serperior gets by with only 1 energy and can do OK with any type of energy. I thought maybe the new delphox would give the deck an advantage against decks with a fire weakness (and it attacks for 3 normal type energy). Its sort of like tech'ing in a Flareon-EX but without the EX and doing possibly a lot more damage.

I liked the article and thought the extreme humor was enjoyable. Its a quick and dirty read so it wasn't like wading through pages of stuff, I mean a few sentences here and there never hurt anybody.

Back