Blog Xerneas: Life in the Standard Format and Sample Fairy Decklists

Good article. Some spelling / grammar things here and there (like "the ladder two" haha), but that's all. I liked the rainbow Xerneas deck, and I'm glad someone is trying to make it work.

Don't have time to say much else, so thanks for writing this! I enjoyed it.

I felt that the standard rainbow road list was poor; but the article was otherwise good. I would have appreciated more on the hype when fairy was originally release, by otherwise a good article.

I remember my days of playing fairies. It was pretty good when you had Florges EX and Aromatisse working in conjunction to dish out 140 damage and bench snipe 30 to make perfect 170 KO's.

Now you have night march, which makes perfect 240 damage KO's, in 2 turns.
*sign*

But really, I believe Rainbow force is going to go somewhere, especially with the new Volcanion EX coming up...

Next time, I really should copy pasta into Word and Spell Check from there...My next attempt will trump this one!

A you're right Absol. I didn't mention it in the article, but I am also very excited for Volcanion EX!

Thank you for the feedback guys!

Didn't someone cut with the Rainbow Force deck?

I love Xerneas and it's awesome to see someone trying to make the Rainbow Force version work. I tried a Pokemon-EX version using Hoopa-EX to fetch them all out. It was more of a toolbox version instead of a deck that focused on Xerneas, but I like the idea of Brigette and low little girly basics instead of nightmarchsalivates.dek.

I, too, would have liked to read more about Fairy hype. And how can you have a Xerneas article without even mentioning Mega Gardevoir, literally Xerneas's best friend? Kinda surprised to see you actually ran Mega Diancie to varying success. Mega Pokemon with no Spirit Link is cancer.

I love Xerneas and it's awesome to see someone trying to make the Rainbow Force version work. I tried a Pokemon-EX version using Hoopa-EX to fetch them all out. It was more of a toolbox version instead of a deck that focused on Xerneas, but I like the idea of Brigette and low little girly basics instead of nightmarchsalivates.dek.

I, too, would have liked to read more about Fairy hype. And how can you have a Xerneas article without even mentioning Mega Gardevoir, literally Xerneas's best friend? Kinda surprised to see you actually ran Mega Diancie to varying success. Mega Pokemon with no Spirit Link is cancer.

Rainbow Road took second at Seattle Regionals. It was an EX focused deck that used Ho-oh EX and Exeggecute to constantly move Pokemon in and out of the discard and recover easily from losing a Sky Field. Ho-oh EX also allowed the deck energy acceleration with Energy Switch to get a Xerneas attacking for up to 250 on turn 2.

As for Megas without links, yes they are for the most part very underwhelming especially in the later stages of the game. But do remember that M Kangaskhan/Aromatisse took 4th at Worlds in 2014. If any non linked Mega is going to play well, its one that can play with Fairy's energy manipulation and Max Potion. I mean M Kangaskhan is a coin flip Pokemon after all.

Thanks PMJ and gracebond. This article was purely about decks I have made myself, so I was limited in what I could write. I was also concerned my article my becoming too long. But you have somewhat uncovered what my topic would be if I made another article in the future! I will leave it at that!

Back