• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Link Fusion (Solosis /Duosion /Reuniclus)

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Pokémon: 15
  • 1 Deoxys ROS 33
  • 4 Solosis FAC 33
  • 4 Duosion FAC 34
  • 4 Reuniclus FAC 35
  • 1 Remoraid BKT 31
  • 1 Octillery BKT 33

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 39
  • 1 Sacred Ash FLF 96
  • 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
  • 3 Buddy-Buddy Rescue BKT 135
  • 4 N DEX 96
  • 4 Dimension Valley PHF 93
  • 1 Lysandre AOR 78
  • 4 Level Ball AOR 76
  • 1 Skyla BCR 134
  • 4 Rare Candy PLB 85
  • 4 Roller Skates PHF 103
  • 1 Switch BCR 135
  • 1 Ace Trainer AOR 69
  • 3 Professor Sycamore XY 122
  • 1 Muscle Band XY 121
  • 3 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy: 6
  • 4 Psychic Energy BLW 109
  • 2 Mystery Energy PHF 112
Strategy:
This deck revolves around Reunicluses Link Fusion attack which does 10 damage plus 30 more damage if you have a Solosis on your bench, plus 60 damage if you have a Duosion on your bench, plus 90 damage if you have a Reuniclus on your bench (The extra damage they do is equal to there max health, how cool is that!) Which in total is 190 damage (plus another 20 if you attach a muscle band.) Now this guy has some serious drawbacks. For one he is a stage 2 Pokemon which means its tough to set him up, Next he only has 90hp which is a horribly small amount compared to most stage 2 Pokemon which have 130-160hp so he can be knocked out pretty easily, His attack takes a lot of time to set up to hit the magic numbers (you would need the max amount of Solosis in your deck out to make his attack do 190.)

So I have done some play testing with this deck once I built it (on PTCGO.) And only once have I been able to set up his 190 damage attack (which after being knocked out I could not recover.) So I guess what I am asking is this guy playable? Or is he just another unplayable rare that will be thrown into binders all over the world?

I have collected a full playset of Solosis/Duosion/Reuniculus because I am all about underplayed cards and budget decks. I think Pokémon Fan Club or Brigette are pretty good for getting all of your Solosis onto your bench. From my experience, Evosoda and Wally are really good Trainer cards for evolving to Stage 2 quickly. Possible cards to get a Reuniculus back onto your hand after it gets KO'd would be Puzzle of Time, Revive, Max Revive, and Psychic's Third Eye (with Teammates to grab any of those cards out of your deck when you get KO'd). The problem though is that even if you get all of those into your hand you cannot evolve them in one turn.

I have Wobbafet as my second attacker for this deck so that I only have to worry about OHKOing with my Reuniculus. Also consider running Bursting Balloon.

But to answer your question, I think that he is decent and barely playable. So you might win a few of your games, but I'd mostly play this deck for a change of pace and the challenge of trying to execute a unique strategy.

You don't need to evolve them all at the same time. Ideally, you will just keep the chain going by evolving Duosion, evolving Solosis, and putting Solosis onto your Bench.

Here's the list I'm using right now. I might switch out Shaymin for Octillery because I like the idea of everything in this deck costing one Prize. I would also consider bumping the Octillery count up to 2-2 because being able to cycle through your deck is key and you do not want your lone Remoraid prized.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 15

3 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
4 Solosis FAC 33
4 Duosion FAC 34
4 Reuniclus FAC 35

Trainer Cards - 36

4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Lysandre FLF 90
3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
2 Super Rod BKT 149
1 Startling Megaphone FLF 97
2 Evosoda XY 116
2 Teammates PRC 141
3 N NVI 92
3 Muscle Band XY 121
4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
4 Repeat Ball PRC 136
3 VS Seeker PHF 109
4 Level Ball NXD 89

Energy - 9

9 Psychic Energy GEN 79

I would suggest increasing your Muscle Band count if you plan on using this deck in Standard. As you mentioned, Muscle Band and the full goo squad gives you 210 damage which will OHKO Mega Manectric and Mega Gardevoir which, let me tell you, is very satisfying.

Teammates is another card I would suggest you toss in one or two of. Reuniclus is so easy to one-shot that you could be firing these off every turn.

Repeat Ball is a very versatile card in this deck and it does the same thing here as it does is bat decks. Once you have the whole goo squad on the field, Repeat Ball can pick up the missing pieces. Not sure I need four though. To be fair I haven't touched this deck in a while.

I'm not sure if you need Rare Candy. At least, not four of them.

IMO this deck needs at least 1 or 2 super rod to shuffle in all the pokemon.

Back