• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Ghetsis' Pyroar

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
A fun little rogue deck I build for local tournament. The meta here has just gotten into expanded, and many players are just playing big basic decks. Flareon/Dark/Zygard/Fairy, and the like. I also have been toying with turn 1 Ghetsis. As it has gotten fairly strong with the low supporter count with VS Seeker and Ultra ball as main draw early on. Fire has one of the best battle compressor engine and pyroar works against big basic decks.

Pokemon:
4-4 Pyroar FLF
1-1 Slowking BRP
1 Entei ROS AT
1 Reshiramn LT
1 Shaymin EX
Trainers:
3 Sycamore
1 N
1 Ghetsis
2 Blacksmith
1 Lysandre
1 Delinquent
1 Teammate
1 Brigette
1 Computer Search
4 Battle Compressor
3 Ultra Ball
3 Trainer's Mail
4 VS Seeker
3 Switch
3 Muscle Band
1 Super Rod
1 Startling Megaphone
3 Scorched Earth
Energy:
3 Double Colorless Energy
7 Fire Energy

Main strategy is to hope to go first and turn 1 Ghetsis to slow my opponent down. Set up pyroar and slowly KO their pokemon. If at any point my opponent decides to drop their hand down to 3 cards or less. Delinquent is an option to further slow them down.

Entei and Reshiram are just there to be addition pokemon so i start with shaymin less often. Only 1 of shaymin to keep the prize exchange at least somewhat decent.

Slowking is also there to continue the disruption if need be. Not super important so only a 1-1 line.

I kind of wanted this deck be more disruption heavy than it is. Though i find that consistency is more important with turn 1 Ghetsis being my goal.

I plan on playing this next week and hope to better this list by then. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Replace a Pyroar with the PHF one. Blacksmith to it and you've got a double Lysandre to use at your leisure.