• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sandy Wormadam and Friends

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I've been looking at how I'd try to play a Wormadam-Type deck. Not really in the competitive range, but I am having fun with this list right now:

Pokémon - 15

4 Burmy
4 Wormadam (Fighting)
2 Mothim
1 Rotom (Plasmagic)
1 Lucario-EX
1 Zygarde-EX
2 Shaymin-EX

Trainers – 34

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
2 Korrina
1 Brigette
1 Giovanni's Scheme
1 AZ
1 Delinquent
1 Hex Maniac
1 Teammates
1 Lysandre

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
1 Max Potion
1 Sacred Ash
2 Float Stone
4 Focus Sash

3 Forest of Giant Plants

Energy - 11

4 Strong Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Fighting Energy Energy

Strategy:
Try to set up your field with a Sashed Wormadam and a Mothim, with Lucario or Zygarde putting up some early pressure. The Forest of Giant Plants help to accelerate evolution so you can evolve your burmys immediately after putting them down. Though I find that no matter how you try, there will be so many cases that you won't be able to play it, even if you try to include 4 - so I consider it best a late game option.

Once everything is set up, that's when thing become interesting: You can attack with Wormadam's twin-bomber move for 120 - and can block 1 hit knockouts with the Focus Sash. Then with Mothim's ability, you can move damage off of Wormadam to your big basics and use AZ/Max Potion to remove it, and then use another focus sash. The other option is Rotom, whose Plasmagic can move the damage onto the opponent!

Overall, you won't win many games against decks like Serperior, Greninja Break or Night March... But it does have some good endurance to playing it. If you have any suggestions to improve this deck, let me know about them.

I really like your concept of using AZ/Max Potion to get rid of the damage counters you have accumulated. My rendition of Wormadam only has two fighting Wormadam and instead includes two steel Wormadam. I like the idea of Rotom because you can spread out your damage and then transfer it over to your opponent, but I think that Whimsicott is a little bit easier to coordinate, synergies better with AZ/Max Potion, and sets you up to include Fairy Garden. But that starts to be more like my deck instead of yours. Here's the strategy from a thread I started a little while ago:

Strategy:

The central strategy to the deck is to have both types of Wormadam and Mothim out. The fighting-type Wormadam is meant to soak damage. Focus sash will ensure that he still does that late game. Mothim's ability is used to transfer the amount of damage counters you need to your steel-type Wormadam. This can potentially deal 180 damage.

Aggron EX fits in because he has a very similar attack to Wormadam, but he serves a secondary purpose to hold several damage counters (21 if he has Fighting Fury Belt equipped).

Whimsicott is for when you have a scary amount of damage stacked up on your benched Pokemon. Using his attack to transfer damage counters from one of your benched Pokemon to your opponent's Active Pokemon can OHKO an EX is Aggron EX has a lot of damage counters stacked on him.

I did see your decklist on Wormadam... The problem I saw was consistency: By playing both Fairy and Metal energy, you end up splitting the chances of getting the right kind to power up your attacks. I did at first sneak in a Metal Wormadam when I tested my decklist, but found playing an extra type of energy very hard to do.

Additionally, Whimsicott isn't the best way to counterattack. It's a stage 1 that needs differing energy, and with your other heavy line of stage 1's in this deck type, it cuts out the consistency - not something you want lost in a rogue deck. With Rotom, it's a simple basic that uses the same DCE that the Wormadam uses to attack - so it matches quite well in this deck.

That said, back when Ancient Origins was introduced, I did create a Whimsicott/Lucario-EX deck, and it did fairly well... Until all the ridiculously overpowered decks like Trevenant and Night march took over. :/

Back