• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard The Most Underrated EX Ever (Diance EX / Aromatisse)

I'm failing to see how Diancie EX will stop a NM OHKO... So if you absorb 50 dmg from use of ability and hard charm, NM can still OHKO with 10 NMer's in the discard pile. But that's not what you should be worried about. NM DL aren't building for the OHKO of all EX's, they're being built for OHKO shaymin EX. Hence the addition of target whistle and extra Lysandre in most DL. Seeing as you aren't running any Shaymin's you should be alright, but I wouldn't fear NM as much as other DL such as item locking decks which will completely shutdown your strategy.
I'm gonna say again that this deck is not built to counter NM, but from the long testing sessions I had, I found that works pretty well against it. You can doubt it, but it's a fact. Try it by yourself ;)

I'm failing to see how Diancie EX will stop a NM OHKO... So if you absorb 50 dmg from use of ability and hard charm, NM can still OHKO with 10 NMer's in the discard pile. But that's not what you should be worried about. NM DL aren't building for the OHKO of all EX's, they're being built for OHKO shaymin EX. Hence the addition of target whistle and extra Lysandre in most DL. Seeing as you aren't running any Shaymin's you should be alright, but I wouldn't fear NM as much as other DL such as item locking decks which will completely shutdown your strategy.

I think the deck is more of a match up deck. NM is what NM is -- just a good deck. But that doesn't mean in a tournament that all you play against is NM. It has better match ups against dark. With all the dark counters for Trev. I could see a player making a conscious choice to try and top cut with this deck.

Another player, at the Canadian regional, made an interesting decision with Groudon, and won. Mostly because of really good match ups. Just because it is a good deck doesn't mean it is a good deck on the day of play because the match ups could go south.

I'm gonna say again that this deck is not built to counter NM, but from the long testing sessions I had, I found that works pretty well against it. You can doubt it, but it's a fact. Try it by yourself ;)

I never said this DL was built to counter NM either. All I said was that I dont see it stopping OHKO's from NM attacks.

I agree poke4trade. The thing that will win you more matches than anything is finding a deck that counters the meta better rather than finding the "best deck out there"

I've been toying around with this deck. It can certainly handle itself admirably in a lot of match-ups.

I am unsure why the battle compressor though? Is it just to use a discard/seeker engine for particular supporters? I suppose a little thinning of the deck occasionally too - but to me that seems like two wasted slots that could be better spent on more fairy drops or max elixir maybe. Forcing the BC engine in, when there's no other part of the deck that it has any kind of synergy with is just that - forced, IMO. More often than not, a BC in my hand was a dead card.

I didn't have 4 Diancie when I started playing this, so I went with a 3/3 split between it and Xerneas. Once I went up to your 4/2 split, I found I missed the extra Xerneas, and didn't need the 4th Diancie? More chance to open with a Xerneas the other way, and less reliance later in the game on the DCEs if you are all set for single fairy energies. This would tie in with abusing Max Potion since you can move the fairy energies off for a full heal via Aromatisse, where you can't do that with the DCE. The deck in general could benefit from a more single energy approach instead of DCEs. If you went this route you could even sneak in a Wonder Energy or two - which you can move around with Aromatisse to block all sorts of Status Effects and even a few "place damage counters" attacks. That will shut some decks right down. of course you run the risk of it being discarded, but you have the same issue with DCE already.

The only other suggestion I have is an oft overlooked card that works really well with Aromatisse decks, in Exp. Share. Attach it to your Aromatisse/Octillery/Jirachi when you can, and that's one extra energy on the board to be moved around at all times.

Suggested:
-1 Diancie-EX
+1 Xerneas (Geomancy)

-2 Battle Compressor
-1 Fairy Drop
+1 Exp Share
+2 Max Potion

-2 DCE
+1 Fairy Energy
+1 Wonder Energy

If I could fit a 61st card in, it would be a fourth Fairy Garden - being as Diancie relies on a stadium being in play, plus getting a bad opener out of the active early - but I'm hesitant to make any other cuts. So many of the early-game losses came down to not hitting hard enough early, or losing a crucial Remoraid/Spritzee early where Diancie might have soaked the damage.

Last edited:
I've been playing this deck with M Alteria and they make a pretty good friend combo. I play it with hard charm and target whistle and it does the job. -50 to hits does make a difference. :0)

People are using Trevenant a lot! Trevenant should
Be a problem to you, so maybe you should add something to counter that.

I've been toying around with this deck. It can certainly handle itself admirably in a lot of match-ups.

I am unsure why the battle compressor though? Is it just to use a discard/seeker engine for particular supporters? I suppose a little thinning of the deck occasionally too - but to me that seems like two wasted slots that could be better spent on more fairy drops or max elixir maybe. Forcing the BC engine in, when there's no other part of the deck that it has any kind of synergy with is just that - forced, IMO. More often than not, a BC in my hand was a dead card.

I didn't have 4 Diancie when I started playing this, so I went with a 3/3 split between it and Xerneas. Once I went up to your 4/2 split, I found I missed the extra Xerneas, and didn't need the 4th Diancie? More chance to open with a Xerneas the other way, and less reliance later in the game on the DCEs if you are all set for single fairy energies. This would tie in with abusing Max Potion since you can move the fairy energies off for a full heal via Aromatisse, where you can't do that with the DCE. The deck in general could benefit from a more single energy approach instead of DCEs. If you went this route you could even sneak in a Wonder Energy or two - which you can move around with Aromatisse to block all sorts of Status Effects and even a few "place damage counters" attacks. That will shut some decks right down. of course you run the risk of it being discarded, but you have the same issue with DCE already.

The only other suggestion I have is an oft overlooked card that works really well with Aromatisse decks, in Exp. Share. Attach it to your Aromatisse/Octillery/Jirachi when you can, and that's one extra energy on the board to be moved around at all times.

Suggested:
-1 Diancie-EX
+1 Xerneas (Geomancy)

-2 Battle Compressor
-1 Fairy Drop
+1 Exp Share
+2 Max Potion

-2 DCE
+1 Fairy Energy
+1 Wonder Energy

If I could fit a 61st card in, it would be a fourth Fairy Garden - being as Diancie relies on a stadium being in play, plus getting a bad opener out of the active early - but I'm hesitant to make any other cuts. So many of the early-game losses came down to not hitting hard enough early, or losing a crucial Remoraid/Spritzee early where Diancie might have soaked the damage.
Oh, that's a very good analysis ;)

Battle Compressor is here to put in the discard those 1-of Supporters, and re-use them with VS Seeker when you need them (like Skyla for a Fairy Drop at the right moment, for the Stadium, for a Level Ball etc).

We could also get rid of those DCEs in advantage of other Fairy Energies, but only if you want to open with Xerneas and you don't want to hit hard with Diancie ASAP. In this case, I could see Max Elixir as a good partner in crime.

I'll try it soon ;)

People are using Trevenant a lot! Trevenant should
Be a problem to you, so maybe you should add something to counter that.

One of the ways I' getting around the matchup is by laying down one Diancie during the game and just hold to put anything else on the bench. The matchup goes in your favor. Diancie, two shots everything. It takes trev 5 turns to knock Diancie out. Tree slam is hits for 30, and so does silent fear. When the pokemon is about to be knocked out, you put another Diancie down on the bench and start charge again and two shot again. One PCL in the deck and Hex can agitate the trev deck a bit. You just build a loop but it needs to be timed right. Definitely isn't the easies thing to do, but ya, I stole a few games by doing it.

You can also do this with shaymin EX

Last edited:
Went 3-2 at a league challenge tournament best of 1. Did pretty well only lost to a zygarde deck by one prize card lugia was demolishing his fighting pokemon with his -60 total resistance. He had to use his 200 attack twice to knock out both. And my second loss came to a item lock. My wins were against a item lock, sceptile and a yveltal ex deck. Both losses were down to one prize card each. All in all were good matches.

This deck is amazing on the client right now. When every tom, dick and harry is trying out Darkrai/Dragons this is the perfect answer. 220 on Tina, Jirachi for easy DDE removal, OHKO on Garb & Shaymin. All-round resistance to Dark. If they *do* happen to get Garb tooled up it's far from the end of the world.

I am loving it and have been playing it all week.

Back