• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garbink

Homura

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 18
Landorus 1 (Furious Fist 58/111)
Regirock Ex 2 (Fates Collide 43/124)
Carbink 3 (Fates Collide 50/124)
Gible 4 (Breakpoint 68/122)
Gabite 4 (Breakpoint 69/122)
Garchomp 4 (Breakpoint 70/122)

Trainers: 29
Team Flare Grunt 1 (Generations 73/83)
Brigette 1 (Breakthrough 134/162)
Wally 1 (Roaring Skies 94/108)
Fighting Fury Belt 1 (Breakpoint 99/122)
Enhanced Hammer 1(Phantom Forces 94/119)
Vs Seeker 1 (Phantom forces 109/119)
Evosoda 1 (Generations 62/83)
Professor Sycamore 2 (Breakpoint 107/122)
Lysandre 2 (Ancient Origins 78/98)
Rare Candy 2 (Primal Clash 135/160)
Fighting Stadium 2 (Furious Fist 90/111)
Skyla 2 (Breakthrough 148/162)
Korrina 2 (Furious Fist 95/111)
Muscle Band 2 (X&Y Base 121/146)
Ultra Ball 3 (Roaring Skies 93/108)
Professor's Letter 4 (Breakthrough 146/162)

Energy: 13
Strong Energy 4 (Fates Collide 115/124)
Fighting energy 9

So the strategy anti Ex, and to accomplish this one is hit hard for low energy with Garchomp, let Regirock warm the bench, Landorus for emergency energy recovery, and wall for stall with the binks. This is my first deck that I have made for competitive venues and I would like criticisms and ideas how to run it more efficiently.

I don't think you need landorus, carbink, and garchomp in the same deck. They are all capable of recovering and accelerating energy from the discard.

Landorus is easily the most useless. I would suggest dropping it.

If carbink is going into the deck. There's no reason to not have the break. Having pokemon in just to sit there. Doesn't seems ideal.

First of all, only 28 Trainers are listed, not 29. Good news - another card to add. :)

Following are a few thoughts for your consideration:

• I currently run a Garchomp deck that has been quite successful prior to the release of the FCO set. other than the fact that it is a Stage 2 Pokemon with its inherent setup concerns, it is still a very versatile and competitive Pokemon IMO.
  • Landorus and Carbink BREAK serve a similar purpose in that they both provide some energy-attachment acceleration. However, Landorus is a Basic and immediately ready to to inflict damage onto the Defending Pokemon and retrieve Basic energy from the discard. Carbink BREAK, being an Evolution, requires a minimum of 2 turns before it can attack. Carbink BREAK and Landorus both inflict 20 damage for F energy cost and both have a C Retreat Cost. Landorus has an additional 10 HP which can be important at times, as well as a seond attack that can inflict 90 for FFC energy cost. So, it could be a potential alternate, non-EX attacker; most likely though, it will not. Cabrink BREAK does retrieve 2 energy CARDS and attach them to 1 of your F Pokemon. Also, keep in mind that Garchomp's Turbo Assault can retrieve and attach an energy card. For your current deck purposes, Landorus currently seems to have a slight advantage with its simple setup and +10 HP. So, I'd suggest using Landorus for the time being.
  • Why no Hawlucha (FFI) which can also terrorize EX Pokemon?
  • Why only a total of 2 card-draw Supporters?
  • Why only 1 VS Seeker - one of THE most critical staples?
  • With the inclusion of bench-sitting, no attacking Regirock EX, it will be a prime Lysandre target with its CCC Retreat Cost. So, a few switching cards are needed to get this Pokemon out of the Active position.
Suggested deck changes for improvement, IMO:
-3 Carbink
-1 Gabite - 3 are quite sufficient (I only run 2 with just 2 RC with my 4-2-4 Garchomp line)
-1 TF Grunt - not critical vs. other priorities
-1 Evosoda - not critical vs. other priorities
-2 Skyla - not critical vs. other priorities
-3 Professor's Letter - not critical vs. other priorities
-1 F - 8 should be sufficient

+2 Landorus - more starters
+1 AZ - Pokemon recovery
+1 Escape rope / Switch - to get your Active back to the bench
+1 Korrina - outstanding F Supporter for Pokemon and Item search
+2 N - more card-draw support and opponent's hand disruption
+1 Professor Birch's Observation - more card-draw support
+2 Professor Sycamore - more card-draw support
+3 VS Seeker - for Supporter recovery and reuse

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Wow thanks for the expedient feed back. I can't wait to try these suggestions, and some of the deck was based around lack of cards like the vs seeker which I currently on have one of. Great idea for the getting the Regirock back to the bench I had not considered it being targeted like that and the potential for wasting energies for the retreat not to mention the turns I would waste.

Wow thanks for the expedient feed back. I can't wait to try these suggestions, and some of the deck was based around lack of cards like the vs seeker which I currently on have one of. Great idea for the getting the Regirock back to the bench I had not considered it being targeted like that and the potential for wasting energies for the retreat not to mention the turns I would waste.
Until you finalize your deck, consider using proxy cards for testing purposes if you're playing with another person or go online (there's at least 1 completely FREE website), build your deck (when the new set cards are available), and test it. In this way, you can make sure you know what cards to get before you make the actual $/trade investment. I will PM you the free online, Pokemon play, website information.

Back