Ruling Rainbow Energy clarification

Charles Barbeau

Aspiring Trainer
Hi, I would like to have some information on rainbow energy regarding its effect of taking the aspect of any basic energy.

What I would like to know is , would rainbow energy count on an attack that says this attack does +20 damage for every fairy energy attached to it.
so basically can you count rainbow energy as an energy that would boost the attack if you would make it a fairy energy.

Attachments

• rainbow.png
    rainbow.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 7
When it's attached to a Pokemon, Rainbow Energy is every type of Energy at once. If an attack, Ability, Stadium, or anything else refers to Pokemon with a particular type of Energy attached to it (denoted by a picture of the symbol), Rainbow Energy counts.

When it's attached to a Pokemon, Rainbow Energy is every type of Energy at once.
The card says that it only provides one energy at a time. If you attack with an attack for one fire energy that does 10 damage more for every grass energy attached, would it do the extra damage? Or does it only provide the chosen type of energy during a whole attack?

Edit: Nevermind, i see now! It doesn't say one type of energy, just one energy, but all types at once.

The card says that it only provides one energy at a time. If you attack with an attack for one fire energy that does 10 damage more for every grass energy attached, would it do the extra damage? Or does it only provide the chosen type of energy during a whole attack?

Edit: Nevermind, i see now! It doesn't say one type of energy, just one energy, but all types at once.
Yes, the wording is important. In the case you described, you would get the damage boost because you would have the Grass Energy attached (via Rainbow Energy).

Back