What do You Think the New Types/Abilities/Moves/Changes will be for Sun & Moon?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
These would just be absolutely Broken.
Calculator would make A Double-Edge do 240 Base, not even calculating STAB.
Momentum would need to be a fixed percentage of speed becoming the bonus to base damage, and then tier the bonus.
Diamond Shield would Give Avalugg 920 BASE DEF.... if they gave it to Avalugg. Maybe 2x or at most 3x multiplier would be viable.

I think the first one (Calculator) was referring to moves like Sonicboom and Dragon Rage which always do a set amount of damage.
But if not... then yeah, it's broken as hell.

WitherSnow

I have no pokemon and i must scream.
These would just be absolutely Broken.
Calculator would make A Double-Edge do 240 Base, not even calculating STAB.
Momentum would need to be a fixed percentage of speed becoming the bonus to base damage, and then tier the bonus.
Diamond Shield would Give Avalugg 920 BASE DEF.... if they gave it to Avalugg. Maybe 2x or at most 3x multiplier would be viable.
Fixed attack moves like SonicBoom and Dragon Rage. Is DE a fixed move? I kinda see your point. Why not +10 BP for every 20 Speed?
DS needs fixed. Your idea sounds cool.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I think we'll see another clone or two of the "Normalize" Ability; maybe for Electric and Psychic types. Types are up in the air though.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
New move: Steel Blade.
BP: 90
PP: 15
Acc: 90
Description: Uses a sharp metal blade to slice at the foe. Critical hits land more easily.

I'm surprised there's no cutting/slicing attack for Steel (aside from Metal Claw, which is a little on the weaker side), there's a lot of Steel types that could benefit from a move like this (Scizor, Excadrill, Bisharp, Cobalion, Aegislash), and it would help balance out Fairy. Base 90 might be a bit high for a slashing move, so to make up for it I dropped the Accuracy to 90 to prevent it from being too OP.

I think a buff for slashing moves in general might solve a lot of problems with types that could use some stronger physical moves in general. Poison, Dark, and Ghost also have slash equivalents (Cross Poison, Night Slash, and Shadow Claw) that would benefit from the buff.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
I like Ice types, I feel like they need some more cool moves.
Move - Icy Terrain
Type - Ice
Category - Status
Power - ???
Accuracy - ???
PP - 10
Effect - Doubles the speed stats of Ice types that aren't affected by Special Conditions for 5 turns.

A new terrain move! Wich is different than the rest.

Move - Frost Edge
Type - Ice
Category - Physical
Power - 100
Accuracy - 80
PP - 5
Effect - Has an increased critical hit ratio. (1/8 instead of 1/16)

Yes, the ice version of Stone Edge.

Move - Crystal Beam
Type - Ice
Category - Special
Power - 80
Accuracy - 95
PP - 10
Effect - It has a 20% chance to freeze the opponent.

This move could also be a move that Rock types can learn to counter their Grass Weakness. The attack name might sound weird, but in my eyes, crystals kinda fit Ice types.

I am doing different types in the future :p
Should I change something about these attacks? Let me know!

Last edited:

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I like Ice types, I feel like they need some more cool moves.
Move - Icy Terrain
Type - Ice
Category - Status
Power - ???
Accuracy - ???
PP - 10
Effect - Doubles the speed stats of Pokémon that aren't affected by Special Conditions for 5 turns.

A new terrain move! Wich is different than the rest.

Move - Frost Edge
Type - Ice
Category - Physical
Power - 100
Accuracy - 80
PP - 5
Effect - Has an increased critical hit ratio. (1/8 instead of 1/16)

Yes, the ice version of Stone Edge.

Move - Crystal Beam
Type - Ice
Category - Special
Power - 80
Accuracy - 95
PP - 10
Effect - It has a 30% chance to freeze the opponent.

This move could also be a move that Rock types can learn to counter their Grass Weakness. The attack name might sound weird, but in my eyes, crystals kinda fit Ice types.

I am doing different types in the future :p
Should I change something about these attacks? Let me know!

Crystal Beam's 30 percent Freeze chance is too over powered imo. Maybe change that to 20 percent.
Icy Terrain is interesting ! But maybe excluding it to Ice types only, since you want to make them more powerful instead of giving other types an Ice type move.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Crystal Beam's 30 percent Freeze chance is too over powered imo. Maybe change that to 20 percent.
Icy Terrain is interesting ! But maybe excluding it to Ice types only, since you want to make them more powerful instead of giving other types an Ice type move.
Crystal Beam is fixed! Aren't 'terrain' attacks only useable by the type of the terrain? Or do you mean that only the Ice types should double their speed stat?

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Crystal Beam is fixed! Aren't 'terrain' attacks only useable by the type of the terrain? Or do you mean that only the Ice types should double their speed stat?

Yay :)
I mean that only Ice types would get the double speed boost. I think that it would give Ice-types the ultimate advantage they so desperately needs.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
I am here with a Ground update!
"Ground?"
Yes.

Just as I did with the Ice type moves, I am going to do one Physical move, one Special move and one Status move!
Move - Sand Jet
Type - Ground
Category - Physical
Power - 40
Accuracy - 100
PP - 25
Effect - User attacks first. Can hit Flying types.
* Description - The user whips up a small Sandstorm to mislead the opponent, then it strikes quickly.

Notes - A Quick attack that can hit for weakness! This is something for Sandile, because it can't learn Quick attack, but I can see him using Sand Jet. And a Stab attack for Ground types that can hit Flying types is always great! :p

Move - Mud Armor
Type - Ground
Category - Status
Power -
Accuracy -
PP - 30
Effect - Raises defense and sp. defense by 1 stage.
* Description - The user covers itself in mud to defend it against attacks.

Move - Mud Bomb
Type - Ground
Category - Special
Power - from 65 to 75
Accuracy - from 85 to 90
PP - 10
Effect - It has a 30% chance to lower the opponent's accuracy.

Since I couldn't really find inspiration for a special ground attack, I wanted to make one stronger. I chose to give Mud Bomb a buff!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Well he did specify that Icy Terrain only affects Ice types in the first place, so it kind of has to be limited to Ice types anyway.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I have a couple of ideas for buffing some underused abilities:

Run Away- Can now be used to switch out when trapping moves and abilities are in effect (Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, Wrap, Bind, Spider Web, etc.)
Klutz- No Pokemon in battle can use items when this Pokemon is in battle
Heavy Metal- Increases Defense by 1 stage and increases the Pokemon's weight
Light Metal- Increases Speed by 1 stage and decreases the Pokemon's weight

godzilla41

https://www.facebook.com/planetscizor
I don't think we will get a new type anytime soon. Most likely more poison pokes will be introduced along side fairy pokes to balance the playing field. Then again, GF is a freak so who knows.

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
Here are some moves I'd like to see get a buff in Sun & Moon.

1. Arm Thrust
Just so that Mega Heracross can utilise a slightly more powerful Close Combat in battle to pair nicely with Skill Link.

2. Mystical Fire
Since Mismagius has access to this move in ORAS, it might make sense for it to have a slight buff. However, I'm just as happy with the way as it is right now. An extra push might just make Mismagius more viable in competitive play, provided that it gets a Mega Evolution.

3. Draining Kiss
Considering that Giga Drain got a buff in Black & White, it would be very ideal for Draining Kiss to get a buff in some fashion. I'd also like to see Mr. Mime and Dedenne learn this attack, which is well overdue for the latter in particular.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Here are some moves I'd like to see get a buff in Sun & Moon.

1. Arm Thrust
Just so that Mega Heracross can utilise a slightly more powerful Close Combat in battle to pair nicely with Skill Link.

2. Mystical Fire
Since Mismagius has access to this move in ORAS, it might make sense for it to have a slight buff. However, I'm just as happy with the way as it is right now. An extra push might just make Mismagius more viable in competitive play, provided that it gets a Mega Evolution.

3. Draining Kiss
Considering that Giga Drain got a buff in Black & White, it would be very ideal for Draining Kiss to get a buff in some fashion. I'd also like to see Mr. Mime and Dedenne learn this attack, which is well overdue for the latter in particular.

I think Draining Kiss is good where it's at since it recovers more HP than Giga Drain so making it weaker than Giga Drain and the like keep it from being a little overpowered for a draining move.

If a move needs to be buffed it's the HORRIBLE accuracy of Focus Miss and Thunder especially since they're basically the equals to moves like Fire Blast and Hydro Pump which have reasonable accuracies.

Turtleatlaw

Aspiring Trainer
Since Fairy was just introduced last gen, I'm guessing they'll take this chance to make more dual type fairies.
Would love to see ghost/fairy and dark/fairy. Fighting/fairy seems like it would be amusing. Ground/fairy would be interesting from a defensive standpoint.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Someone pointed this out on Serebii, that Bruxish has Strong Jaw as one of its abilities but there's no Water or Psychic type biting moves that could take advantage of that ability. So we might see new biting moves of those types this gen. I can easily see a Water type biting move introduced, maybe something like Fish Bite. There's a lot of other Pokemon that could benefit from a move like that anyway (Carvanha/Sharpedo, Basculin, Huntail, Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr). As far as a potential Psychic biting move, I can't see as many Pokemon learning one, just Bruxish and Girafarig.

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
As far as a potential Psychic biting move, I can't see as many Pokemon learning one, just Bruxish and Girafarig.
Inb4 Psycrunch becomes a thing. But I agree with you, I could definitely see Aqua Crunch/Bite, Hydrobite or something like that be a thing!
I could also see there being some kind of move, that left the user Asleep, which Komala could learn, so it could take use of its Ability. Maybe something like Exhausting Rage, and then a Flying-type multi-hit move for Pikipek too! Maybe Fast Pecks or Feather Arrows?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I'd like to see a Poison type move that has the chance to burn the opponent. I'd imagine it could be based on an chemical burn type thing (which don't necessarily need to come from something hot).
Salandit comes to mind as an obvious candidate for this move, I can also see Koffing/Weezing, Stunky/Skuntank being given this on their movesets.

edit: I can also see a Bug move that can paralyse the opponent being something that would be interesting as well. My guess is that it would be some kind of stinging or biting move. Probably be gotten by most of the Bug/Poisons, I can see Galvantula being a good candidate for it as well.

Last edited: