• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Shocking Seahorses (Kingdra / Magnezone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
I've been thinking on how to make Kingdra EX work, (the full art practically put me in a coma the first time I saw it) so here is the best I could do.

Pokémon: 13
  • 4 Kingdra EX (xy10)
  • 2 Raikou
  • 2-2-2 Magnezone
  • 1 Manaphy EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 3 N (xy10)
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Wally (generations [art is cooler])
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Clemont (Generations)
  • 2 Skyla
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 3 Aqua's Secret Base (double crisis)
  • 4 Energy Pouch (xy10)
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
Energy: 12
  • 5 Water Energy
  • 7 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

The strategy is to get a Kingdra and magnezone set up as quickly as possible. Raikou is another attacker. Manaphy is included for free retreat and so that if a Kingdra is about to go down, we can get a fresh one in the active. We want to get out magnezone turn 2, so we have a 3 Wally. Clemont is important to get out energies quickly. I thought team aqua's base would be a nice inclusion, because we already have free retreat.

Maybe you could consider to add a jolteon-EX, would be great against night march.
And this Jolteon would not be weak to xerosic nor enhanced hammer

Maybe even Regice could be an option

Maybe you could consider to add a jolteon-EX, would be great against night march.
And this Jolteon would not be weak to xerosic nor enhanced hammer

Maybe even Regice could be an option
I see where you are coming from, but Kingdra doesn't have any special energy. The jolteon-EX would be a nice addition but we're you saying to take out the Raikou?

What are your thoughts about Rough Seas instead of Team Aqua's Secret Base since there's so many decks out there with free retreat?

I would go:

-2 fighting fury belt(energy pouch always needs to be on the attacking pokemon, raikou doesn't need it)
-2 evosoda(rare candy is much better)
-3 wally(rare candy is much better)
-2 clement(waste of a supporter, just use letter's)
-1 N(2 N is great, especially if your running 4 vs seekers)
-1 water energy(electric is more important for damage)
-3 team aqua's secret base(not useful in this deck at all)
-1 magneton(since this version is rare candy heavy, it isn't necessary)

+1 vs seeker(if you have the stage 3 magnezone in your hand and no rare candy, but you do have a vs seeker, you can grab the Skyla out of the discard pile and play it for the rare candy, assuming you battle compressed it. If you did, you have 8 chances of getting that rare candy(4 rare candy, 4 Skyla to get the rare candy). Always battle compress the Skyla immediately if you can.
+1 battle compressor(used to battle compress the Skyla mainly.)
+4 rare candy(better than wally and evosoda)
+2 professors letter(better than supporter cause your not wasting a supporter for the turn)
+2 sycamore(good for getting a new, full, hand)
+1 electric energy(this energy actually does damage)
+1 fisherman(if you have any energy in your discard pile, just put in your hand and start magnezonig it all on)
+2 super rod(get magnezone line back in the deck, very essential to this deck, cant win without it)
+1 magnemite(make sure you get one on the bench)

Just my thoughts, hope this helped!

Can lugia break and the ex one work well with magnezone, my friend is tryig to make a deck with lugia and his trying with magnezone but he cant find the correct decklist, hew using lugia because is his favorite pokemon, if anyone could help him :c

Please don't bump Deck Garage threads (other than your own) that have gone a month or more without posts. Thanks.

*Thread Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back