• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dragon M Rayquaza EX / Team Magma's Camerupt / Golduck BREAK

OohJackie

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone.

Straight to business: I want to make a deck with the 300 damage soul eating green lizard we all love.

Came up with a few kinks to speed up his energy cost (and reliably recharge it), see below:

DRAGON MEGA RAYQUAZA DECK

Pokemon (18)
  • 3-3 M Rayquaza EX (PRC)
  • 2 Lugia (FTC)
  • 2-2 Team Magma's Camerupt (DC)
  • 2-2-2 Golduck BREAK (BRP)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (30)
  • 4 N
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Blacksmith
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Brigette

• 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Mega Turbo
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Rayquaza Spirit Link

• 3 Silent Lab
Energy (12)
  • 8 Fire Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy
Strategy:

Let's go through the basics;

M Rayquaza hits for 300 damage, has a RRRLC energy cost and 2 R energies have to be discarded.

The cost is stiff, so as the damage.

M Ray has an awesome delta trait called "Delta Wild", basically grants a hard charm against RLWG attacks.

To be able to set it up quickly, I came with the idea of running 2 Team Magma's Camerupt, in order to retrieve discarded R energy and be able to abuse Blacksmith.

Camerupt gets roughly 3 R energies in the best case scenario, Golduck BREAK tosses it up to M Ray, and I attach a DDE.

Silent Lab to slow down Shaymins, etc, and to discard stadiums.

Lugia is there as a backup attacker, incase of Giratina EX, Regice, etc..

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK? CAN THIS GREENIE LIZARD MAKE IT?

How can I improve?

I've made the deck when he got out in Roaring Skies.
4-4 Rayquaza
2 Hydregon Ex (for the free retreat, they do stack)
2 Reshiram(want it in front turn1)
1 Hoopa Ex (because why not)
2 Shaymin.

4 mega turbo
3 scorched earth
6 fire 2 lightning
4 Double dragon E
the rest I'm pretty sure you can find!

When I played it, got the M Rayquaza ready to attck turn 2, and could attck each turn.

Your deck could work but has many weaknesses namely the lack of pokemon based draw, not enough spirit links, and low counts of evolution lines which are integral to your strategy. I suggest dropping the silent labs for Shrine of Memories, the Camerupt line for 4 Reshiram because the provide a good back up attacker as well as a great ability.2 Hydriegons can replace the lugias. and you can take out the 6 cards you need for golduck line for Shaymins,more mega turbo/Max elixer. Some tech ideas are Flareon EX and Giratina Ex both help against decks that are fairly popular. Also to fix your supporters take out teamates,Blacksmiths, and Briggette and put in another Lysandre, Xerosic, and Hex maniac Also Vs Seeker is integral to every deck.

That's how to make it competitive but if you want to keep to this strategy i suggest at least taking out the Lugias for a harder hitting Non Ex to deal with regice(which isnt very popular) like Reshiram or Flareon EX again would be pretty decent in this deck

Back