• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garden of Eden (Serperior / Vileplume)

PlinfaTheBest

Plinfa means Piplup in German!
Pokémon: 23
  • 4 Snivy FAC
  • 3 Servine FAC
  • 3 Serperior FAC
  • 4 Oddish AOR
  • 3 Gloom AOR
  • 3 Vileplume AOR
  • 3 Shaymin EX ROS
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Revitalizer
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Red Card
  • 4 Forest of Giant Plants
Energy: 6
  • 6 Grass Energy
Strategy:

The strategy behind this deck is exactly the same as for the popular Vespiquen/Vileplume deck: burst through your cards on T1 and get the lock going, then attack for some nice damage. But this deck has some major advantages: while it can't hit for the big numbers Vespiquen/Vileplume can achieve, it relies on Basic Energy so you can rely on having Energy to play (and you don't get stopped by the random Aegislash). Because we don't play as many Pokémon, we can play good counts of both Battle Compressor and Revitalizer to safely get our lock going T1. Let me know what you think of my variation of a popular meta deck and have a wonderful day!

You need to run some acro bikes and scoop ups to reuse servines ability also put in puzzle of time and take out the vileplume line for a forretres or ariodos because this deck relies too much on itmes

You need to run some acro bikes and scoop ups to reuse servines ability also put in puzzle of time and take out the vileplume line for a forretres or ariodos because this deck relies too much on itmes
This guy is trying to make a vileplume deck dude. Those changes don't help the strategy

If you'd like my advice, take out the 4 Level Ball for 4 Acro Bike. It gets grass pokemon in the discard as well as provides great early game draw support.

This guy is trying to make a vileplume deck dude. Those changes don't help the strategy

If you'd like my advice, take out the 4 Level Ball for 4 Acro Bike. It gets grass pokemon in the discard as well as provides great early game draw support.
I think I disagree this time. Since there are multiple stage 2 pokemon to build up quickly, I would definitely go with 4 level ball. I'm not sold on the judge. I think an additional Lysandre may be helpful instead.

I think I disagree this time. Since there are multiple stage 2 pokemon to build up quickly, I would definitely go with 4 level ball. I'm not sold on the judge. I think an additional Lysandre may be helpful instead.
You could pull a Vespiplume and take out the judge and 2 level ball and then add 3 bikes.

You could pull a Vespiplume and take out the judge and 2 level ball and then add 3 bikes.
I really feel like all 4 level ball are helpful, as this is similar to frogs, I might go down an oddish for an energy though. 7 is a magic number for many low energy decks. I might actually try this deck out at some point soon.

I think an N would be better than judge, it can steal you back games you dead draw for the first couple of turns.

I feel like you have a really good strategy going on here, but the problem is making things consistent. If you are going to run an Item Lock deck, you have to either run more supporters like AZ (take away the chances of a Lysandre on the Vileplume) and Lysandre. Running 1 Red Card really isn't worth it. Also, three Shaymin is a lot of bench space, and all you really need is 2. Last of all, you might want a Super Rod for recovery.

Back