Discussion XY11 Xerneas BREAK Deck

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
Xerneas BREAK – Fairy – HP150
BREAK Evolution – Evolves from Xerneas

Xerneas BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

[Y][Y] Life Stream: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage times the amount of Energy attached to all of your Pokemon.

Crazy deck idea. 4 of these, 4 Geomancy Xerneas (it's being reprinted this set), 12-14 basic fairy energy, 4 Max Elixir, some energy switch, 4 Exp Share and several draw and search cards (items and supporters). Ideally, you'd go second so you can attack first. Get as many Elixirs off as possible and then start Geomancing. By your second turn, you should have about 5-6 energy in play. You can either start hitting for 100-120 or Geomancy again and start taking out EXes next turn. If you get KOed, Exp Share will conserve the energy.

Yeah, this has a lot of problems and there are probably better uses of Xerneas BREAK, but for a quad deck, you could do a lot worse.

I would say maybe only two of these, 3 Xerneas, and any combination of Fairy EXs. Making a very Basic focused Fairy deck. Plus Aromatisse depending on the format. This is just my personal take on Xerneas BREAK, and I'm not confirming anything until the rest of the set is released, but there is definitely merit in this card as a backup attacker.

Also I would run defensive Tool cards such as Assault Vest, Bursting Balloon, Fighting Fury Belt, etc. This would allow you to be fairly tanky while dealing significant damage and playing defense when you need to. In the event that a good amount of your Energy has been discarded by whatever means, a 1-0ff Energy Recycler works well with Geomancy, as it sends 5 basic energy back to your deck. This of course would be one of those situations to play defensively.

Honestly the more I look at this card, the more I like it haha

If it ever becomes big, I'd see the delphox from Fates Collide being a very big threat to this deck. If that happens it would be nice to put a splashable (pun very much intended) water type attacker. I'm trying to think of one that attacks for colorless and seismitoad ex is all i can think of at the moment. Just food for thought, I like the idea and I'm definitely going to play this upon release!

If Xerneas Break is gonna be played its going to be played with Giratina. Not only will the DDE provide 40 extra damage but Xerneas Break but also because giratina is already used together with xerneas and now the deck has a way to hit for big numbers against things that are not hindered by Chaos wheel. Now we just need a reprint of Aromatise otherwise this deck will have to stay in expanded.

Back