• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lucario Fight Alone

Wobawoba21

Aspiring Trainer
Sooooo I really like this Lucario and want to make it work, this is a skeleton list I came up with...let me know what you think , changes to be made to make it better , your feedback if you run similar deck ANYTHING !!! Here's the list

Pokemon (14)
  • 4 Riolu
  • 4 Lucario
  • 4 unown
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (38)
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 max elixir
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Target Whistle
  • 3 robo substitute
  • 3 Poke Puff ( when it comes out )
  • 1 Super Rod / Sacred Ash??( Notsure which to choose )
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Parallel City
Energy (10)
  • 10 Metal Energy
Need to take out two cards now!!!!
Strategy:
The goal of the deck is to make your opponents bench big to hit for big numbers early in the game , I threw in rockets handy work to help with discarding Pokemon to utilize target whistle more , I'm having trouble finding a pairing partner /second attacker for this deck , I also thought of using robo substitute to manage bench space when needed to get that extra 60 damage when I need it ANY feedback helps I haven't play tested yet but will do so tonight..Thanks in advance !!!!

Last edited:
I see a lot of mulligans in your future. That and at lot of luck in this deck. TRH is all a 50/50 in the rolls as well as a trick shovel being about 15% change of hitting a pokemon on discard. Your best bet would be to find a main attacker and sneak a metal lucario in once their bench is full.

I see a lot of mulligans in your future. That and at lot of luck in this deck. TRH is all a 50/50 in the rolls as well as a trick shovel being about 15% change of hitting a pokemon on discard. Your best bet would be to find a main attacker and sneak a metal lucario in once their bench is full.
I def agree any ideas on an attacker I may add and I didn't think about handy work that's true I'll probably remove that

You should play Az. Be able to pick up a pokemon to get more damage.

Yes I forgot to add that into the list I was in a rush at work def makes sense , I'm still struggling to find an attacker

Last edited by a moderator:
instead of Shaymin i go
4-4 Lucaro
2-2 Brongzong
makes the deck Accelerate Better and add like 2 Az's to Pick Up Brong 0r damage Lucario
im able to set up0 by turn2

You wanting to stay away from Ex's or no?

No I play tested yesterday and def need to pair it with something else at times the bench management is hard to keep high on my opponents side I was thinking of adding 2-3 dialga ex and bronzong lines and bring lucario down to 2-2

instead of Shaymin i go
4-4 Lucaro
2-2 Brongzong
makes the deck Accelerate Better and add like 2 Az's to Pick Up Brong 0r damage Lucario
im able to set up0 by turn2[/QUOTE

Nice how does the damage output do are you consistently able to hit big numbers ???

well by turn 2 im hitting about 200+ because in my deck i play Skyfield for my oppenent to Stack Their bench

You must of played some pretty bad pokemon players. As soon as I see a Riolu on the bench I know what's coming and have no reason to stack my bench. The tell tail signs you're giving your opponent is pretty obvious what you're trying to do (skyfield, Bronzong, Riolu) and if the player knows anything about the cards or Lucario, he/she would know to keep their bench numbers low. At that point, Lucario is completely shutdown leaving you with either a lone Lucario or Lucario and something on your bench, which your opponent can easily feel comfortable with an active and bench knowing at that point you'll only do 30 damage or 60 if you use Bronzongs attack.

I could see Simisage, Simipour and Simisear from XY-Breakthrough synergizing well with this deck. With them you only ever want one, maybe two of them in your field so that you can keep your hand size large. Alternatively, Metagross from Ancient Origins would have the same effect. I feel like him being a stage two, requiring tools to be more efficient, and not needing steel energy despite being steel type doesn't make him a better than your favorite Simi-monkey. Either way, these Pokémon would require you to modify your deck to be hand draw rather than discard.

Depends on how u go about it, but I think I might play robo sub and unown. This will create a decent setup scenario and u can kill the cards. I then would bait them with a sky field. I would play zoroark as a second attcker. Sacred ash to circulate my unown for draw support.

I'm still failing to see how someone is going to get "baited" with the skyfield play. As soon as they see Riolu or Zorua, that should sound a bunch of alarms. Unless they have no clue with Zoroark or Metal Lucario's attack do.

I'm still failing to see how someone is going to get "baited" with the skyfield play. As soon as they see Riolu or Zorua, that should sound a bunch of alarms. Unless they have no clue with Zoroark or Metal Lucario's attack do.

It just depends on how people draw during the game. If they are dead drawing, I've seen a lot of trainers over extend for that last energy, lysandre, or vs seeker off the shaymin. When we talk theory we always talk toward perfect hands, but in reality, I've seen many over extend for the above cards. Allowing them that skyfiled allows them to go deeper into their deck to get what they need.

It's not baiting them when everything works, it's baiting the opponent when things don't work for them and they need them to work, and then they whiff it.

I've been play testing alittle and it hits good numbers early on but if your opponent can maintain the bench it does bad late game u less you can clutch target whistle a few times I find some games I get certain resources when I don't need them definitely gonna modify list a few

If you do bait or they over-extend early on, a simple stadium play will shorten their deck and escetially slow/shut you down. I wish the card read differently, but for now I dont see this being an "alone" pokemon in a DL

If you do bait or they over-extend early on, a simple stadium play will shorten their deck and escetially slow/shut you down. I wish the card read differently, but for now I dont see this being an "alone" pokemon in a DL

Yes, I agree.

But it is a variable game, if the opponent has the stadium in hand, then yes.
Though, he might not, he might have discarded it early game, might only run two stadiums, might be at the bottom of the deck, it might be prized, might need to discard a bunch of needed resources to get it, and then whiff it.

Sometimes that simple stadium gets a bit tough to produce. I know I've sat there in games an thought to myself, "geese I run four of these cards and I can't hit it." ---> My decks are built with the staples for competitive play and sometimes things just don't fall, and you are forced to make them fall to setup for the next move.

Do I think Fight Alone has flaws, yes. Do I think you can play around it, yes. But do I think it will always be easy to play around for the opponent, no. Because of the inherent probability of the game, I think any deck can bait opponents into moves that they don't like. If opponents couldn't bait others into unwanted moves, than I don't think it would much of a game. Just thoughts.

The problem is the current meta, not the DL. Trevenant, NM, Greninja and YGZ, don't have to run a full bench, let a lone 8 bench Pokemon. Mega Ray, yes, but that isn't seeing much play in this meta because of the top tier decks.

What about this mate?
180px-LopunnyFlashfire85.jpg

That way, you can reduce your own bench and you'd reduce the number of mooligans

Back