Blog A Format Without Startling Megaphone — Tool Drop in Legacy

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Nice article. I'm a fan of the Legacy format, and I completely forgot about Tool Drop as a viable option. That said, the grammar errors were pretty off-putting, but it didn't detract completely from the information presented within. I need to get my hands on some more Junk Arm, but the fact that it's so good and so difficult to get can make getting a playset of them difficult.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Nice deck! I'm going to try it some time, once I get the Junk Arms.

So far, I really like the Legacy Format as well. I have been playing good old Altaria/Garchomp there to great effect, and I have faced so many interesting rogue decks there. This format is so much more balanced there than the two official ones...

Numelz Numelz

Ariadoney Clear Nail Polish
I'd rather use garbodor mewtwo thanks. But tool drop is also really fun. Silver mirror is great, but if they are not using plasmas, then it is dead weight. My suggestion: -1 silver mirror + 1 dual ball.

Bouffalant could be integrated into this deck, but you have trubbish so you don't need it.

Also, I think this deck relies just a bit too much on the ace spec.

Fokale

Aspiring Trainer
Nice article. I'm a fan of the Legacy format, and I completely forgot about Tool Drop as a viable option. That said, the grammar errors were pretty off-putting, but it didn't detract completely from the information presented within. I need to get my hands on some more Junk Arm, but the fact that it's so good and so difficult to get can make getting a playset of them difficult.

I think Tool Drop flew under a lot of peoples radars, but it definitely has the potential be a top tier threat.

Nice deck! I'm going to try it some time, once I get the Junk Arms.

So far, I really like the Legacy Format as well. I have been playing good old Altaria/Garchomp there to great effect, and I have faced so many interesting rogue decks there. This format is so much more balanced there than the two official ones...

Yeah unfortunately Junk Arm is pretty hard to get. I haven't had the chance to play Garchomp / Altaria yet but it seems pretty good. I think that the legacy format is pretty underrated and overshadowed by standard and expanded. Hopefully I can continue to shed some light on the format with these articles. :)

I'd rather use garbodor mewtwo thanks. But tool drop is also really fun. Silver mirror is great, but if they are not using plasmas, then it is dead weight. My suggestion: -1 silver mirror + 1 dual ball.

Bouffalant could be integrated into this deck, but you have trubbish so you don't need it.

Also, I think this deck relies just a bit too much on the ace spec.

Garbodor / Mewtwo sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the suggestion, but you really need four Silver Mirror for the times when you do face plasma. When you don't face plasma, it's still useful for boosting your damage. Like you said Bouffalant isn't really necessary. Life Dew is definitely good, but I don't think it's crucial to winning. You're still trading prizes two for one against EXs, and one for one against regular Pokemon.

Well i would add FFB to the Decklist Makes Trubbish hp100 with 10 Extra

Not a bad idea, however legacy only allows cards from HGSS-Legendary Treasures which unfortunately doesn't include Fighting Fury Belt.

Djxinator

Aspiring Trainer
How do I obtain these cards? Nobody seems to have them for trade - this article caters for people who have played long enough to own these cards but not to someone like me who only has cards from Standard format.

Fokale

Aspiring Trainer
How do I obtain these cards? Nobody seems to have them for trade - this article caters for people who have played long enough to own these cards but not to someone like me who only has cards from Standard format.

If your looking to get these cards online and can't find them for trade, then the best way to get them would be to buy a bunch of PTCGO code cards (you can find these cheaply online) and try to pull them. Most of the cards in this deck come from Plasma Storm or Plasma Blast, so codes for those sets would be best. Worst case scenario is you end up a bunch of other good cards in legacy (Hypnotoxic Laser, Virbank City Gym, Dowsing Machine, Lugia-EX, Genesect-EX, Virizion-EX, and Jirachi-EX also come from those sets).

If all your looking to do is try the deck out, then the easiest and fastest way to do it would simply be to proxy the cards and play a few games with a friend.

Hope this helps,

-Fokale

pete

Aspiring Trainer
or you can always put up an offer instead of looking at offers already up it always works for me

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I'm in the process of writing up an article on Legacy myself but I don't know if it'll be done in time.

danieljf1989

Aspiring Trainer
Great article, congratulations! Why don't you make more of those for other legacy decks? I would sugest Keldeo/Blastoise, which is my favorite for the format.

Fokale

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks man! I'd love to do more sometime. I also like Blastoise / Keldeo-EX a lot, so we'll see what happens.