• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future: The Sleeping Fat Man (Snorlax / Hypno)

LoneWolf2113

Now With Sablenite!
So a few days ago, Pokebeach revealed a Snorlax card from "Awakening of the Psychic Kings", the newest Japanese set that is yet to come out in America. I've constructed a deck where it partners with Hypno. Here it is:

Pokémon: 12
  • 4 Snorlax XY10
  • 3 Drowzee FFI
  • 3 Hypno BPT
  • 2 Shaymin-EX ROS
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 38
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Max Elixir
  • 1 Max Potion
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N XY10
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Brigette
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 3 Parallel City
Energy - 10
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 6 Psychic Energy
Snorlax – Colorless – HP140
Basic Pokemon

[C][C][C] Roll Over: 30+ damage. This attack can be used even this Pokemon is Asleep. If this Pokemon is Asleep, it does 90 more damage.

[C][C][C][C] Swallow: 50 damage. Heal from this Pokemon the same amount of damage you did to the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

Strategy:

So the Strategy here is to use Snorlax's Roll Over attack in conjunction with Hypno's Goodnight, Babies ability. Snorlax can use Roll Over while asleep and when it is asleep, the attack does 120 damage. Everything else in the deck is used to get a Snorlax powered up T1 while also getting it able to attack frequently. Any input is welcome!

Thanks!
LoneWolf2113

So a few days ago, Pokebeach revealed a Snorlax card from "Awakening of the Psychic Kings", the newest Japanese set that is yet to come out in America. I've constructed a deck where it partners with Hypno. Here it is:

Pokémon: 12
  • 4 Snorlax XY10
  • 3 Drowzee FFI
  • 3 Hypno BPT
  • 2 Shaymin-EX ROS
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 38
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Max Elixir
  • 1 Max Potion
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N XY10
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Brigette
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 3 Parallel City
Energy - 10
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 6 Psychic Energy
Snorlax – Colorless – HP140
Basic Pokemon

[C][C][C] Roll Over: 30+ damage. This attack can be used even this Pokemon is Asleep. If this Pokemon is Asleep, it does 90 more damage.

[C][C][C][C] Swallow: 50 damage. Heal from this Pokemon the same amount of damage you did to the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

Strategy:

So the Strategy here is to use Snorlax's Roll Over attack in conjunction with Hypno's Goodnight, Babies ability. Snorlax can use Roll Over while asleep and when it is asleep, the attack does 120 damage. Everything else in the deck is used to get a Snorlax powered up T1 while also getting it able to attack frequently. Any input is welcome!

Thanks!
LoneWolf2113

Make some room for crobat line and muscle band, then I can see this being good

The amount of constructive criticism in here... :p

All right, so a few things to note...
1. The Pokemon Line looks pretty Standard for what this deck is trying to do. Not much to say here for right now.
2. Supporters need work. 3 Bridgette is 2 too much, considering you only run 7 Non-EX Basic Pokemon. I would drop 2 for something a little more useful, such as Skyla for Item-Searching and Teammates in case your Snorlax does fall (or worse, they snipe a Shaymin/Hypno). Both are very solid Supporters that allow you to set up your strategy much quicker.
3. Alongside Skyla specifically, Muscle Band is almost necessary in here. It allows Snorlax to hit for better numbers overall (140) and, in general, is good for all your pokemon. Your damage output in this deck is fairly low, considering Snorlax is a situational 120 and Hypno is a measly 50. 3 is a good number.
4. While I understand the idea of Max Elixir in here... with only 4 Pokemon you truly want to use it on, there is little reason to play them. If they could be attached to Active as well, I would suggest keeping them, but sadly, they cannot. Also, Battle Compressor does very little for you in this specific deck. You have no actual reason to attempt to use the Discard Pile as a major tool (unlike other decks, such as YZG or March). You can drop these as well. Finally, Max Potion, while good on paper... is really bad for a deck that relies on DCE for faster attacks. If you REALLY want healing, I will suggest Pokemon Center Lady (especially because you can simply reuse Hypno for the sleep effect), or perhaps a non-healing utility card, such as Town Map (to find DCE in Prizes) or Professor's Letter (for Energy Search and potential Ultra Ball fodder).
5. Finally, after calculating, you are left with two spots. I am going to suggest 2 Level Ball. Luckily, Hypno is also 90 HP and there are times where you simply do not want to discard. This will allow you to search for your combo a little easier as well as conserve your hand more often.

So, TL;DR...
-1 Max Potion
-2 Bridgette
-2 Battle Compressor
-3 Max Elixir

+1 Skyla
+1 Teammates
+1 Professor's Letter or Town Map
+2 Level Ball
+3 Muscle Band

I hope this helps! If not... at least I tried. xP

-Asmer

I agree with Asmer's suggestions. I would not run Darkrai EX in the deck because you'd then have an active EX for a 2 prize card KO and you'd have to run all night party. Not a big deal, but I think the way the deck reads he's trying to stay away from EX's (other than Shaymin of course). I do question the muscle bands however only because what's the difference between 140 and 130 if you run fighting fury belt? Neither is a OHKO on EX's, so I would like the additional 40HP on Snorlax to give him 180 HP's. I do however worry about only having Snorlax as your main attacker with no backup. If one or worse two are prized you're very limited on attackers. Hypno can attack, but 50 dmg is nothing on a pokemon with 90 HP's. I think finding a way to get a BATs line in there would help, but I think it's still missing another attacker in the event you lose too many or too many snorlax are prized. Maybe a 2-2 trevenant line? Or 2-2-2 trevenant line? Just trying to think what else you could add to help in the event you're down in Snorlax.

I agree with Asmer's suggestions. I would not run Darkrai EX in the deck because you'd then have an active EX for a 2 prize card KO and you'd have to run all night party. Not a big deal, but I think the way the deck reads he's trying to stay away from EX's (other than Shaymin of course). I do question the muscle bands however only because what's the difference between 140 and 130 if you run fighting fury belt? Neither is a OHKO on EX's, so I would like the additional 40HP on Snorlax to give him 180 HP's. I do however worry about only having Snorlax as your main attacker with no backup. If one or worse two are prized you're very limited on attackers. Hypno can attack, but 50 dmg is nothing on a pokemon with 90 HP's. I think finding a way to get a BATs line in there would help, but I think it's still missing another attacker in the event you lose too many or too many snorlax are prized. Maybe a 2-2 trevenant line? Or 2-2-2 trevenant line? Just trying to think what else you could add to help in the event you're down in Snorlax.

To be perfectly honest... I 100% forgot about Fighting Fury Belt. xD

@OP Play 3 Fighting Fury Belt over the 3 Muscle Band Suggestion. 130 is a great number and the extra 40 HP will help out Snorlax a lot.

I'm upping this thread, trying to make a similar deck.
I've been thinking of different strategies for the deck and can't decide what would be the best.
The main strategy stays the same : benched Hypno puts everyone to sleep, active Snorlax with FFB and 180HP punches his sleeping opponnent for 130.

Secondary attacker would be Mew from Fates Collide.
Makes a great starter. If you open with Mew you can Max Elixir a benched Snorlax or another Mew and retreat immediately. Dimension Valley makes attacking with Mew faster, or you could use its attack for no cost and search your deck for a Hypno in order to evolve next turn (though it's not the best thing with hand disruption and N coming back).

I can't see what is the best though.
Attack with Mew or Snorlax ? This may depend on the opponent, also Mew might cover some Fighting Pokémon who threaten Snorlax.
Max Elixir & Basic Energies or DCE ? There's a lot of Special Energy hate going on.
Dimension Valley or Fairy Garden+Fairy Energy ? For free retreat for Snorlax.
Heavy Ball, Level Ball, Ultra Ball ?
Shaymin EX or not ?

Other options I have thinked of but can't see if it would be worth it :
Aromatisse engine for abusing max elixir, max potion ?
Fairy drop with fairy energies, along with Snorlax's second attack when he wakes up = 110HP recovery, but the meta is very much oriented towards OHKOs.
Timmy engine for Hypno T1 and putting the opponent to sleep on their first turn.

I like this deck. I play it online a lot. It is one of the best decks that works with Silent Lab. There many problems with this deck, but I've definitely caught people off guard with it.

My suggestions:
2/2 Octilery -- You give up some speed, but with only 6 basic energies in your deck it is really hard to hit Max elixir consistently. Also, you don't get hit on the prize card exchange.
3 - Silent Labs -- By using Octilery you can kill everybody else's draw support with silent lab.
1 Skyla: Skyla just helps with getting the tools and ultra balls out.

I think you can also take lugia from fcd.It can help a lot when your oppenent play a fighting-type deck.

Things to consider:
  • A small line of Altaria (ROS) - probably 1-1 will suffice.
  • Mew from Fates Collide - probably 2 or 3.
  • Winona to pull out Snorlax/Shaymin-EX/Altaria.
  • Dimension Valley so that Mew can attack for DCE.
  • Fighting Fury Belt - either 3 or 4.

Last edited:
Fighting Fury Belt is an absolute must. Battle Compressor/Base Set Yveltal Combo also helps that way you can attach two energy per turn (1 for your turn, 1 using Yveltal's attack to attach Dark energy from the discard pile.) AZ is also good for the Shaymin, considering outweighing your Bridgette's for AZ. Also, no need to run Brigette with the Yveltal/BC Combo because of Ultra Ball.

I made this exact deck with Darkrai EX/All Night Party and switched those with Snorlax/Shadow Circle. I can send you the list if you'd like! Cheers!

This deck wont be fast enough without Wally to be able to evolve into Hypno your first turn. Without being able to evolve T1/T2, you're left waiting to do a useful enough attack. Therefore, I think this DL would be too slow to make it worth while. Have to find a way to get Hypno out faster to put them asleep to be able to use snorlax attack sooner.

Here's my list. No testing done at all, but I love decks like this (see my Ariados deck posted yesterday) and I have a solid mind for theory crafting.

4 Snorlax
3 Darkrai
4 Drowzee
3 Hypno
2 Shaymin-EX

4 Ultra Ball
4 Trainer's Mail
1 Float Stone
3 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Battle Compressor
4 VS Seeker

4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Wally
1 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac
1 Brigette

2 All Night Party
3 Chaos Tower
(This part I'm really unsure about. I feel like 3 chaos tower is just straight up better, but I'm 100% unsure. They both have their ups and downs. All Night Party turns on Darkrai and works like a Rough Seas, but Chaos Tower just turns on Darkrai like nipple clamps).

4 Double Colorless Energy
7 Dark Energy

I feel like the attack strategy is contradicting. Chaos tower for Darkrai, but that'll ruin Snorlax attack, without a stadium it's good for snorlax attack but bad for darkrai.

Alright, I've been testing this more out than I think is good for anyone. Surprisingly, it has a lot of reasonable match ups. The one match up that is tough is the Grinigia match up because of Shadow stitching. Other than that, the deck will take more games than I thought it would.

The way the deck works is that you can sleep and double stand in. You play target whistle to increase zoroarks ability to attack. You also play it for easy prize card trades with the shaymins. Snorlax hits for 120. Puzzle of time is to get the DCE's back. Skyla is for the second puzzle of time you always hoping to hit, or that ultra ball for a Shaymin you need at certain moments.

In standard, I've tested it against Trevenent and NM. Of the the two, Trev is easier to deal with because of zoroark. NM gives problems because of speed, but if you can hit some tails with Hypno you will run over it. NM's rarely play a switch or escape rope. The deck basically runs over yevtal and Ray Ray because they can't keep up with the prize exchange.

I've also tested the deck against standard versus expanded and won 3 out of the 4 games. They were against Yveltal and Jolteon/Dynomo. The deck has a lot of probability to it and if your feeling good and lucky it can run over a lot of decks. But if your not, than I'd suggest for you to stick with a deck that is more comfortable.

I 've been playing a lot more pokemon in all my decks because of Trev. Solely relying on items to get your pokemon out starts to get a bit dangerous now a days.

Also, there is some room to throw in some tech stuff in the deck to help with match ups. Maybe a Toad, or Jerachi Promo would be good because you can standin and Retreat to switch out pokemon, while keeping them asleep. -- Just thoughts

Last thing -- if the opponent hits tails a lot -- it becomes a tough play for them.

Pokemon 17

• 3 Snorlax XY10
  • 3 Drowzee FFI
  • 3 Hypno BPT
  • 3 Zoroark
  • 3 Zoras
  • 2 Shaymin-EX ROS
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 28
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 2 Float Stone