DVD Boxes

BibiTotoLover

Eeveelutions, Lapras + Fairy Collector
I'm sorry if there was already a Topic about this..
But I started collecting the complete seasons on DVD about 2 years ago.
When they still sold them in the beautiful big DVD boxes, and now they've got this 'New Packaging'.
So I was wondering, if anyone knows if there's a way I can get the older boxes?
I've got season 1-7 and season 14+15.
So I'm still missing 8-13 + 16.
A few of them are still in Stock at Mighty Ape, but season 8, 9 and 10 are as good as sold out on that website and I don't think they will be back in Stock.
I really hope someone can help me with this, because I want to complete my collection. :(

Season 8, 9 & 10 Example:
Pokemon-Season-8-Advanced-Battle-6-Disc-Set-14906388-3.jpeg
Pokemon-Season-9-Battle-Frontier-15136995-3.jpeg
Pokemon-Season-10-Diamond-and-Pearl-15208621-3.jpeg

RE: DVD Boxes.

I suppose you should try ebay, but you most likely have to pay a lot more than you would in other online stores.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Season-8-Advanced-Battle-Season-8-DVD-box-set-TV-show-/371248795209?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item5670270e49
^ there's season 8, but it's PAL, not sure which ones you want...

RE: DVD Boxes.

purefmwc said:
I suppose you should try ebay, but you most likely have to pay a lot more than you would in other online stores.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Season-8-Advanced-Battle-Season-8-DVD-box-set-TV-show-/371248795209?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item5670270e49
^ there's season 8, but it's PAL, not sure which ones you want...

Thanks for the link! I'll keep that one in mind..
You see, I happened to find Season 8, 10 & 11 on the Australian eBay, and they've both been shipped, so keeping my fingers crossed on hoping they'll arrive soon and in good condition. :D

If you live near a big city you can see if there are any comic shows (doesn't have to be a big one) many dealers often carry this sort of thing.

If you live near a big city you can see if there are any comic shows (doesn't have to be a big one) many dealers often carry this sort of thing.

I'm from Holland, and sadly, it's really hard to find any regular merchandise of Pokémon, they didn't even release the anime series on DVD here, just the movies. And you can't even find those in regular shops. All my Pokémon TCG merchandise, I had to get online, along with the movies. That's why I always check eBay for these complete season DVD boxes. :)
It's been such a long time since I've been here, so I forgot to tell that I did receive my season; 8, 10 & 11 in very good condition! :D
Season 9 is shipped, Season 16 purchased.
Once I received those, I'm only still looking for Seasons 12 & 13. After that, I'm totally up to date, and looking forward to the release of Season 17 later this year!

How good is the picture quality? I find the DVD releases usually have slightly better quality than what airs on US TV, but worse than what airs on Japanese TV.

How good is the picture quality? I find the DVD releases usually have slightly better quality than what airs on US TV, but worse than what airs on Japanese TV.

The picture quality?
I'm sorry, I never watched US TV or Japenese TV before.. So I'm not sure if there's a lot of difference.
But I recently starting watching Season One of Pokémon on my computer, and they kept the quality the same as when it first aired on TV here, in the Netherlands. But I think it's a very good quality.. not to mention that the Boxes are beautifully designed and well worth the money.
And I just received season 9, so that is really fast! Considering it was shipped May 5th and had a shipping expectation of at least 2 weeks. So I'm more than pleased! :D

The quality of the TV version in the Netherlands is terrible, I had it recorded, transfered it to PC (because I'm an encoder), but god, the video quality is worse than the American version, and it's even sped up to 25 fps, which SHOULD be 23.976 fps, but what'd you expect, PAL is 25 fps after all, it can't possibly be good.

- if you want to see the transport stream, search on "nyaa torrents" for "DisneyXD.ts" (without the quotes), you should come across only one result.

And if you didn't know yet, I'm also from the Netherlands :V (and have a lot more Pokémon XY recorded on my media box!)

Just ordered Season 18 at Mighty Ape! Purpose as Birthday present for myself, but will be a belated birthday gift, because it's an pre-order. Still very excited to have the Box that I want to have. Still bummed that I got the wrong version of Season 16. :(

Back