Greninja BREAK

Steve D

Aspiring Trainer
I played my version of the deck, today winning 6 out of the 7 matches, due to my poor start, but besides that, I had a really fun time with this deck, and would reccomend it to anyone who has the time to test it. It was really fun to use giant water shuriken, retreat, into another giant water, and use water shuriken and Lysandre to ko their ex pokemon like nothing. The most fun match I had was a mega ttar match and my opponent didn't even get a chance to attack with him lol. I would definitely play this deck if you feel stuck and bored with the TCG.
Link to your deck list?

hohsarkhon

Aspiring Trainer
I'm fairly new to Pokémon and I definitely want to play Greninja Break. I played a looong time ago, and I work at a card shop and when I saw Greninja Break, I thought it was awesome so I picked some up just to have. Then Glaceon came out, and I opened a full art one, and I decided to start playing. I'm a very competitive magic player, and definitely want to compete at the highest possible level that I can, and I think this is the deck that I've settled on...

That being said, does anyone have a trainer list for this deck including N? I know it might not be 100% optimal, but I'm going to tech a single Glaceon in the deck as a way to win the mirror.

So, what trainer set are you guys running with the release of N?

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
apart from N, is there any cards Greninja break deck gain from fates collide?
Nothing other than the reprint of N helps Greninja BREAK. Even with the reprint of N though, I still say Ace Trainer holds a place in the deck.

Edit: How about Delinquent for the mirror match? Disrupts the opponent and gets rid of Rough Seas so you can do some actual damage. Bursting Balloon could also be a consideration for the extra damage, or you can have a turn of abilities if they don't attack you.

Last edited:

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I'm fairly new to Pokémon and I definitely want to play Greninja Break. I played a looong time ago, and I work at a card shop and when I saw Greninja Break, I thought it was awesome so I picked some up just to have. Then Glaceon came out, and I opened a full art one, and I decided to start playing. I'm a very competitive magic player, and definitely want to compete at the highest possible level that I can, and I think this is the deck that I've settled on...

That being said, does anyone have a trainer list for this deck including N? I know it might not be 100% optimal, but I'm going to tech a single Glaceon in the deck as a way to win the mirror.

So, what trainer set are you guys running with the release of N?

Related to topic: Sorry, Glaceon-EX doesn't block Giant Water Shuriken, as it's an ability, not an attack... Meaning Glaceon can be 2TKO'd by Grneinja BREAK, assuming there are two on the board, and 3TKO'd if there's only one on board, all unless Garbotoxin/Hex Maniac is in effect...

On topic: N's release makes me want to ditch Shauna/Birch/Judge, and I'm currently testing Manaphy-EX to deal with XY Greninja's 1 retreat cost. When XY Greninja rotates, I'll replace it w/ Bunnelby, and re-add Float Stones... You?

Last edited:

Evader

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys right now I'm playing with a Garchomp/Octi deck. I don't own any Shaymins so this is a deck I'd like to start building as I'm getting bored with the Chomp and as far as I've seen this deck is really fun to play.

So, I've seen some people running this deck with a Dedenne (FuF34). Do you think it's worthy giving up space for that card since it will be mostly used for its first attack to get something on your bench? In my opinion this is something that won't be as useful late, but can make up for the low # of basics this deck.

Also what's your opinion in running a Swampert(PrC36)-Archie or just 1-0-1 Swampert(PrC36) line for it's ability?

Grey Matter

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys right now I'm playing with a Garchomp/Octi deck. I don't own any Shaymins so this is a deck I'd like to start building as I'm getting bored with the Chomp and as far as I've seen this deck is really fun to play.

So, I've seen some people running this deck with a Dedenne (FuF34). Do you think it's worthy giving up space for that card since it will be mostly used for its first attack to get something on your bench? In my opinion this is something that won't be as useful late, but can make up for the low # of basics this deck.

Also what's your opinion in running a Swampert(PrC36)-Archie or just 1-0-1 Swampert(PrC36) line for it's ability?

A more contemporary build actually ditches Wally and Level ball in favor of Bridgette. It's better to not run Dedenne as it's a waste of a Pokemon in the deck. The typical line I've seen in the basic department is 4 Froakies, 2 Remoraids, and 2 Jirachis. Also the 1-0-1 Mudkip-Swampert line is absolutely amazing. I run that with 4 candies and it is really effective. It sucks when you prize a Mudkip or Swampert, but you also save yourself from prizing Frogadiers. You no longer are reliant on them since you in effect run 7 (3 Frogadiers and 4 Rare Candies).

Evader

Aspiring Trainer
A more contemporary build actually ditches Wally and Level ball in favor of Bridgette. It's better to not run Dedenne as it's a waste of a Pokemon in the deck. The typical line I've seen in the basic department is 4 Froakies, 2 Remoraids, and 2 Jirachis. Also the 1-0-1 Mudkip-Swampert line is absolutely amazing. I run that with 4 candies and it is really effective. It sucks when you prize a Mudkip or Swampert, but you also save yourself from prizing Frogadiers. You no longer are reliant on them since you in effect run 7 (3 Frogadiers and 4 Rare Candies).

Cool, right now I'm running a 3-4-4-3 Greninja Line, 1 or 2 Jirachi (depending on the decks on the tournament), 1 Manaphy PrC (which does wonders when you have a dead hand or Greninjas you need in the discard pile), and a 2-1 (or 1-1 depending on the # Jirachi I play) Octillery. I've never tried the Brigette-Rare Candy route (which also uses Swampert) since where I play I have to go against a lot of Trevenant decks. However, I've seen it working and even getting top-8 (http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/state-province-championships-2016/decks/week-two/), so I guess I'll have to try it.

SuspectedElk

Aspiring Trainer
How do you guys think Greninja BREAK will be affected by the loss of Greninja XY when rotation happens? It seems like that extra 30 damage from Water Shuriken is very important in a lot of situations.

Shifusansou

Aspiring Trainer
I still think it will be a Tier 1 Deck. They might lose the XY Greninja, but it will hurt the Deck less than its oppositions.

Steve D

Aspiring Trainer
I think some decks will start running switches/escape ropes to get a third Giant Water Shuriken happening

but overall... the deck works really well with only BKP Greninja, it will still be a very competitive deck.. although it really struggles with Item or Supporter lock.. and with Garb getting reprinted.. expect for a lot of Ability lock tech.

ProZlockie

Meow? Meow.
How can this deal with Vespiquen/Vileplume? That's the only matchup I'm 100% worried about because I haven't been able to test it yet.

EDIT: I see the skeleton also changed, would Octillery still be a solid option for this?

Steve D

Aspiring Trainer
It's a really hard match up because of N and the deck is item heavy.. Hope they get a dud draw and you get a good oen

gamercal

Spell card! Love Sign ~ Master Spark!
The only reason I still run my 2-2 line on PTCGO is because there is no way for me to get Jirachi. Which admittedly is a pretty big problem for running this deck against certain decks, but sadly that's how it has to be.

With that said I do feel like Octillery is useful for this deck even now. It's effortlessly searched out with any of your options, and it really does help compliment N in the later stages of the game by making you virtually immune to it. I've also had too many turns where I've needed that one extra card to pull off big swings and only had Octillery left to play to get them, only to then get the card I need (usually an energy) and swing for 2-3 prizes that turn.

Would I rather have Jirachi? Almost definitely, but I'd likely still keep a 1-1 Octillery at least just to help smooth things out.

Grey Matter

Aspiring Trainer
The N and Trainers' Mail that are in the skeleton. Most top lists just run the Greninja line and Jirachi +/- a Dedenne.

Well the Skeleton has N's already in it and there is room for 4 cards. I was wondering what most players play in those slots...

What I was thinking was like two Skylas and maybe a Town Map and Target Whistle? Or Rough Seas and Ultra Balls?