Advantages and Disadvantages to the Fates Collide Mew

Chip Thrasher

Aspiring Trainer
Here are a few advantages and disadvantages of the new Fates Collide Mew:

Advantages:
  • Psychic Type (Dimension Valley)
    If it uses Joltik's Night March attack, it only costs 1 energy.
  • Not a Pokemon-EX (1 Prize Card)
    Can have duplicates in your deck without worrying about Prize Cards.
  • Can use Night March (If it is in play)
  • Works in Standard format (Major advantage)
Disadvantages:
  • Only 50 HP
    Not too bad, considering NM is not the most HP-oriented deck. The good thing about this is that this card can be gotten with Level Ball.
  • Takes up valuable space
    Also not too bad, but could pose a challenge in deck-building.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, reply to this thread.

Purrloin

Another possible disadvantage is that Mew can only copy attacks of Basics; so the variants of Night March that run Vespiquen won't be able to mimic her attack.

Jessehi

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
What I think people should really look into as well is using Mew outside of NM or Mill decks, while those two are the most explored (and probably most obvious) applications.
Mew is undoubtedly a powerful card, and there are plenty of powerful attacks in Basic Pokemon (EX or non-EX) that are worth looking into, especially since you can get a discount with a Dimension Valley.

MrKSTER

Aspiring Trainer
Mew/Sceptile-ex/seismitoad-ex/yveltal-ex/manectric-ex/

All attacked can be used with just one rainbow energy and a dimension valley stadium.

Chip Thrasher

Aspiring Trainer
What I think people should really look into as well is using Mew outside of NM or Mill decks, while those two are the most explored (and probably most obvious) applications.
Mew is undoubtedly a powerful card, and there are plenty of powerful attacks in Basic Pokemon (EX or non-EX) that are worth looking into, especially since you can get a discount with a Dimension Valley.

Mew is a big supporter in NM, but its ability can go anywhere. It doesn't even have to be in a Psychic deck.

asdjklghty

-------------
Disadvantage:

Takes up space in NM. It's already powerful enough and taking out some stuff will take away consistency and ways to deal with certain matchups.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Mew is a great card. But I think it's real potential is not in NM, but in running decks that are having a hard time keeping up with the prize card exchange.

I know I was running an Archalite (fossil), Lugia/Lugia ex and Mew deck and used mew to copy lugias EX attack to knock out a joltik. That move forced a teammates play and the opponent could not lysandre around.

All mew does for decks is create a more balanced prize card exchange for other decks. In my opinion, because Night March hits hard, I wouldn't give up the space for a buddy-buddy or puzzle of time, or possible other needed supporters only to watch Mew get knocked out and Joltik get sniped off the bench.

In that scenario, I would rather loose a single joltik and buddy-buddy/puzzle of time/teammates for him/or another one again.

What's tough for NM right now is that there are a lot of spread decks that are taking multiple prizes because of low hp count pokemon, putting another low hp Pokemon in the active can be a tough play. There is just not enough Fight Belts to go around.