• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded M Altaria

Orlandito2012

Aspiring Trainer
I came up with this because Altaria is one of my favorite pokemon and i just had to find a way that it could at least be somewhat competitively viable, so I came up with this M Altaria/Reuniclus list for expanded. this is just the general concept and I know that the deck could be better, but when I tried it, it worked pretty well, and with a full bench, you can heal up to 180 damage easily, not to mention the healing cards.

Strategy: Use M Altaria's attack consistently and use Reuniclus' damage swap to move the damage you take to heal every turn

List:
Pokemon: (15)

• 3 M Altaria EX (Fates Collide)
  • 3 Altaria EX (Fates Collide)
  • 3 Shaymin EX (ROS)
  • 1 Keldeo EX (LTR)
  • 2 Solosis (?)
  • 1 Duosion (?)
  • 2 Reuniclus (BW)

Trainers: (35)
  • 1 Professor Sycamore (xy)
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations (PRC)
  • 1 N (NVI)
  • 1 Colress (Plasma storm)
  • 1 Skyla (BKT)
  • 1 Lysandre (FLF)
  • 1 Hex Maniac (AOR)
  • 3 Ultra Ball (FLF)
  • 1 Fairy Drop (Fates Collide)
  • 2 Fresh Water Set (PRC)
  • 3 Trainers’ Mail (ROS)
  • 2 Rare Candy (PRC)
  • 4 Puzzle of Time (BKP)
  • 3 VS Seeker (PHF)
  • 2 Fairy Garden (XY)
  • 1 Sacred Ash (FLF)
  • 3 Altaria Spirit link (Fates Collide)
  • 2 Float Stone (BKT)

Energy: (11)
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy (PHF)
  • 4 Wonder Energy (PRC)
  • 3 Fairy Energy (XY)

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on which Solosis and Duosion I should use, because I don't really know.

I think which ever ones has the most hp or least retreat cost would be best.

Either way. I'm sure you need more draw support. Best way would be to drop puzzle of time. It's a great card. But your deck lacks consistency. Especially with only 3 ultra ball and no battle compressors.

Solosis NVI and Duosion BW are probably the best choices. They can attack for colorless, and since all Solosis have 30 HP and 1 Retreat and all Duosion have 60 HP and 1 retreat these are the choices that make the most sense. However, it doesn't really matter at all.

I agree with Ivy_Profen, there is a severe lack of draw in your deck, and Puzzle of Time doesn't really seem necessary for this sort of build. A couple more N and Sycamore would help immensely.

Back