• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Creepshow (Gengar / Forretress)

Longpaw

Aspiring Trainer
Since Gengar BKT came out i've been toying around with ways to make his signature move, creepshow work. The newest idea I had was to combine him with Forretress FLF, who i would evolve 3 times (or more) to place 3 damage counters on all of my opponent's pokemon and begin creep showing by turn 2. Here is the (work in progress) list so far.

Pokemon:
  • 3x Ghastly BKT
  • 1x Haunter BKT
  • 3x Gengar BKT
  • 4x Pinco FLF
  • 4x Forretress FLF
  • 2x Sableye DEX
  • 1x Shaymin EX
Support:
  • 3x Devolution Spray
  • 1x Scoop up Cyclone
  • 3x Rare candy
  • 4x N
  • 4x Forest of Giant Plants
  • 2x Trainer's Mail
  • 4x Acro Bike
  • 4x Bicycle
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 4x Level Ball

Energy:
  • 6x Psychic Energy
  • 3x Dark Energy

Any suggestions would be welcome, sorry if the formatting is wrong. I want a way to fit a lysandre and a vs seeker, maybe even a couple battle compressors. The only problem I've encountered is dead draws in the first two turns with cards that don't net more cards.

I alternate between forest of giant plants and dimension valley for the ability to creep show with one energy, forest of giant plants lets me evolve the same turn i devolve, though. I haven't been able to figure out which is better.

Are you playing 1 Haunter? Feel like super riskey, if its prized you are done. I am working on deck as well to utilize gengars Creepshow. You def need Prof Sycamore and 4 VS seekers for sure, id play 2-3 Ultra ball and take our 1 Forest of giant plants. Id take out 2 N and put atleast 2 Prof Sycamore

Are you playing 1 Haunter? Feel like super riskey, if its prized you are done. I am working on deck as well to utilize gengars Creepshow. You def need Prof Sycamore and 4 VS seekers for sure, id play 2-3 Ultra ball and take our 1 Forest of giant plants. Id take out 2 N and put atleast 2 Prof Sycamore
It isn't as risky as you would think. Did you see the rare candies?
Since Gengar BKT came out i've been toying around with ways to make his signature move, creepshow work. The newest idea I had was to combine him with Forretress FLF, who i would evolve 3 times (or more) to place 3 damage counters on all of my opponent's pokemon and begin creep showing by turn 2. Here is the (work in progress) list so far.

Pokemon:
  • 3x Ghastly BKT
  • 1x Haunter BKT
  • 3x Gengar BKT
  • 4x Pinco FLF
  • 4x Forretress FLF
  • 2x Sableye DEX
  • 1x Shaymin EX
Support:
  • 3x Devolution Spray
  • 1x Scoop up Cyclone
  • 3x Rare candy
  • 4x N
  • 4x Forest of Giant Plants
  • 2x Trainer's Mail
  • 4x Acro Bike
  • 4x Bicycle
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 4x Level Ball

Energy:
  • 6x Psychic Energy
  • 3x Dark Energy

Any suggestions would be welcome, sorry if the formatting is wrong. I want a way to fit a lysandre and a vs seeker, maybe even a couple battle compressors. The only problem I've encountered is dead draws in the first two turns with cards that don't net more cards.

I alternate between forest of giant plants and dimension valley for the ability to creep show with one energy, forest of giant plants lets me evolve the same turn i devolve, though. I haven't been able to figure out which is better.

This is good but you get brutally murdered by Garbodor variants, not so much Sableye/Garbodor, the real threat is Toad/Garbodor.

yeah- this deck falls flat in a few ways by being mechanically clunky, it's not fast enough with gengar being a stage 2, and most of my resources go to just getting everyone out in a timeky manner. which i do- But when I creep show that active and they revenge kill my gengar it becomes hard to keep up.

A few more thoughts for your consideration:
  • You can minimize/eliminate the "dead draws" (I'm assuming no draw cards in hand) by adding a few more strong card draw Supporters like Professor Sycamore.
  • You may want to incorporate VS Seeker to help you recover and resue discarded Supporters?
  • Why no Lysandre? You'll need these too.
  • Should your opponent Lysandre 1 of your Forretress to the Active position, how do you plan to move it back to the bench?
  • If you're Item-locked, what's your "plan b" since you are running a ton of Items?

Back