• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Durant / Mew

Not sure if I agree with no Shaymin, but its worth a try. A tech of just 1-1 sushimaster seems low, but again, would need tested. I agree with cutting down on some things, but I want you to try something for me.

-1 Teammates
-1 Sycamore
-2 N
-1 Dimension Valley
-1 Level Ball

+3 Battle Compressors
+1 Skyla
+1 Delinquent
+1 Hex

I feel a tech of battle compressors would work well in here and here's why. Whether you use skyla for one, or happen upon one from Trainers' mail, you give yourself the ability to shorten your deck to just the cards you want to pull, as well as setting up all the trainers you want when you want them in your discard pile. The ability to VS seeker your teammates, Sycamore, Team Flare Grunt or Hex at any time via VS seeker is such a nice tool to have. This is especially essential if you're going first and run against Toad or Vileplume. You want to discard that Hex and pick it back up with a VS seeker since the majority of your tech is item cards. Your strategy will vary game to game depending on what deck you play against. Against Vileplume, you want Hex and Delinquent in your hand at all times so you can discard their stadium as well as Hex if you need to, but if you're setup to mill then it should be an easy matchup as they will already mill themselves down. Toad I wouldn't worry about because your tech sets you up to discard the DCE or lysandre out something else like Hoopa, Shaymin or whatever else makes it difficult for them. NM again is easy because they will mill themself down faster than take prize cards. Since you run 4 puzzles there's other things you can go less of since you have the ability to get anything back, plus with bunnelby's attack as well. Bats/Trevenant will be scary decks to face. Granted a simple Hex will take care of them initially, but Tree Slam will hurt and your dimension valley helps them as well, so consider just using Bunnelby's attack for 1 so that you dont help them out.

You may be right with Sushimaster, however..the deck spots are slim..so even fitting 2 Shaymin in can be an issue...
With Sushimaster, every creature can be tutored with Level Ball, and I think given the decks nature...and potential small numbers of shaymin/octillery, having a constant source of cards, as opposed to a one time thing..nothing to re-use Shaymin, is potentially much more beneficial..Shaymin isn't always strictly better.

I agree, like the post before, with the addition of some tech cards like Hex/Deliquent/Xerosic and such could be very beneficial. Trimming some numbers on cards that maybe aren't as required..Bridgette for example.

I felt it was a really solid base to work from though...

I haven't actually built the deck yet, but I've managed to trade for some Mew's, so, I'm going to have to now...I'm invested XD

I have everything you need if you're short on something.

Thanks..

Managed to acquire everything....Just testing...

Your Compressor package idea is looking like a potential good call, and Brigette, I think is a must at no less than 2, if you're not playing comp...even with it...It's important to the deck getting off to a good start...

I'll be back with more feedback once I've played a bunch of games.

Well..

After a several games against all manner of decks, I'd say, give up..to put it bluntly.

The deck could use some tweaks, for some reason I'm going games and multiple turns without a draw spell, and considering the sheer amount of them, this is just silly..

I'll experiment with a Compressor package, I'm not optimistic, someone please prove me wrong..
But, if you wanna play a mill deck....Play Wailord EX.

You wrote so many tips and opinions that I like all but I feel confused and do not know how to change this deck XD

You wrote so many tips and opinions that I like all but I feel confused and do not know how to change this deck XD

Sorry, just trying to be honest with my practical..in game findings.

I'm gonna keep testing, but, I can't see it, in my heart of hearts, going anywhere..it's far too easy to disrupt.

Please keep testing tho, I might be missing something, and I'm sure my play will get better the more I play with it..

Brigette, I feel is important...and a Battle Compressor package seems like a good deal..I've added 2.

TBH I could of told you to abandon all hope a while ago. I built a deck similar to this when Durant came out and I could not be consistant with it. I will attempt to see what I can do to make a mill deck more consistant, I feel battle compressors will help you in this aspect, but also shaymin. You will almost have to mill your deck to successfully mill theirs faster. It seems like a really strange concept, but I feel it has the ability to work if you tech it night. Right now with Mew it makes it a little easier to do durants mill for 4 with a rainbow energy and valley out, but I almost want to cut down on the mew count and make mew less of a focus and work with what you have. Utilmately mew is only there because you want to use 1 energy setup vs 2 on durant. Making this deck consistant will be tricky, but if you can do it it'll make for one heck of a deck. I just dont think it's there.

TBH I could of told you to abandon all hope a while ago. I built a deck similar to this when Durant came out and I could not be consistant with it. I will attempt to see what I can do to make a mill deck more consistant, I feel battle compressors will help you in this aspect, but also shaymin. You will almost have to mill your deck to successfully mill theirs faster. It seems like a really strange concept, but I feel it has the ability to work if you tech it night. Right now with Mew it makes it a little easier to do durants mill for 4 with a rainbow energy and valley out, but I almost want to cut down on the mew count and make mew less of a focus and work with what you have. Utilmately mew is only there because you want to use 1 energy setup vs 2 on durant. Making this deck consistant will be tricky, but if you can do it it'll make for one heck of a deck. I just dont think it's there.
A month ago I also thought that Durant only without Mew worked better, but is there a way to put the Rainbow Energy and the Basic Energy to Durant once? I had thought of Mew to make sure that you could discard 4 cards already in the first round.

So play Bronzong with Durant is much better than playing Durant with Mew, right?

I think the setup time for him would take too long. If you drop the mew line play team magmas secret base and run more basic energies

Just had another idea for a mill deck. Lemme test it out and I'll let you know if it works or not before I post the DL. No point in posting it now if it's a flop.

I played a few rounds with variants of this deck. Some observations.
  • I added Ultra Balls and Shaymins. This deck needs the stream of items to work.
  • It only seems to work against decks that stumble in setting up or just take time and need more energy - so very few top tier decks.
  • The hammers help slow them down, but something like Night March, Zygarde-EX or Lucario will eat this deck alive since they hit hard enough with 1 energy to just keep donking Mew.
  • I wish this deck had room / draw to find Fighting Fury Belt. That could keep Mew alive longer against single-/low-energy attackers.
  • To run smoothly, you need a Mew in active, a Mew or two on the bench ready to take its place, and Rainbow energy in hand.
  • N is and isn't a bad card. You never take prizes, so you always disrupt your opponent and draw back 6. Ace Trainer may be an option but I haven't messed with it - also if you succeed in keeping energy off the board, they never take a prize either, so it's a risk.
  • A mill deck with energy removal may need to start with Mew / Toad. you stall them with item lock and hammer their energy away slowly as they try and set up, and then bring out the surprise Durant near the end and mill them after they try and Sycamore their hand full of items away a few times to try and find energy or other supporters.

I played a few rounds with variants of this deck. Some observations.
  • I added Ultra Balls and Shaymins. This deck needs the stream of items to work.
  • It only seems to work against decks that stumble in setting up or just take time and need more energy - so very few top tier decks.
  • The hammers help slow them down, but something like Night March, Zygarde-EX or Lucario will eat this deck alive since they hit hard enough with 1 energy to just keep donking Mew.
  • I wish this deck had room / draw to find Fighting Fury Belt. That could keep Mew alive longer against single-/low-energy attackers.
  • To run smoothly, you need a Mew in active, a Mew or two on the bench ready to take its place, and Rainbow energy in hand.
  • N is and isn't a bad card. You never take prizes, so you always disrupt your opponent and draw back 6. Ace Trainer may be an option but I haven't messed with it - also if you succeed in keeping energy off the board, they never take a prize either, so it's a risk.
  • A mill deck with energy removal may need to start with Mew / Toad. you stall them with item lock and hammer their energy away slowly as they try and set up, and then bring out the surprise Durant near the end and mill them after they try and Sycamore their hand full of items away a few times to try and find energy or other supporters.
- I'm a little contrary in putting Shaymin Ex because he is a former opponent and ability to make faster awards (at this point better Octillery although it is a step 1).
- Seismitoad Ex, in addition to what I wrote above about Shaymin, needs to Double Colorless Energy, and in this case the deck is completely different.
- Why do you say to play Ultra Ball if there are Level Ball?

Why play DCE when you can use mew to play Toad for 1 energy with valley out. This is not a Tier 1, 2 or 3 DL. Sadly there's just no consistency or worth for building a mill deck. Just just don't fit

Following the advice to just mill the decks to their opponents and not think about anything else, I changed a few things:

Pokèmon: 9
  • 3 Durant BKP9
  • 4 Mew FAC29
  • 2 Bunnelby PRC121

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium: 45
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trick Shovel
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 3 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 3 Trainer's Mail
  • 1 Battle Compressor

• 2 Teammates
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Team Flare Grunt
  • 3 Team Rocket's Handiwork
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Lysandre

• 3 Dimension Valley

Energy: 6
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 2 Grass Energy
But on the one hand it seems to me that the guy who made the Mew , Durant and Diggersby Deck is better than mine XD

Following the advice to just mill the decks to their opponents and not think about anything else, I changed a few things:

Pokèmon: 9
  • 3 Durant BKP9
  • 4 Mew FAC29
  • 2 Bunnelby PRC121

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium: 45
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trick Shovel
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 3 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 3 Trainer's Mail
  • 1 Battle Compressor

• 2 Teammates
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Team Flare Grunt
  • 3 Team Rocket's Handiwork
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Lysandre

• 3 Dimension Valley

Energy: 6
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 2 Grass Energy
But on the one hand it seems to me that the guy who made the Mew , Durant and Diggersby Deck is better than mine XD

Thanks for the mention. The main reason for this is because of the meta. If just try and mill your opponent will set up and will get KO after KO. Unless your milling 7 Cards a turn you wont deck them out before they KO's. Disruption first (Hammers , Hex) will exhaust your opponents resources and if they don't have anything to disrupt then you mill them.

After that I created a deck of Mew and Durant and asked for advice here, I had thought the Mew card from XY10 and thanks to those who helped me to create another deck, I came up with this idea:

Pokèmon: 10
  • 4 Mew (XT10)
  • 2 Bunnelby (PRC121)
  • 3 Durant (BKP9)
  • 1 Jirachi (XY Promo)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 39
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Teammates
  • 2 Team Flare Grunt
  • 2 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 2 Team Rockets Handiwork
  • 1 Lysandre

• 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 4 Trick Shovel
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Float Stone

• 4 Dimension Valley
Energy: 11
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 7 Grass Energy
Strategy:

to have on the bench during attack with Mew discarding the opponent's deck. With the help of the Dimension Valley card, Mew will need only 1 energy to attack and this allows to discard the opponent' s deck in your first turn.
Yesterday a friend to the League Pokemon helped me changing this deck.
Float Stone is free to withdraw Durant (he is of the opinion that having front creates problems).
Jirachi is to discard special energies against Seismitoad Ex and others.
He made me take off Enhanced Hammer says that because at least here in Italy many now play based energies, except for 1 or 2 decks (yes, in Italy there is the factor that the decks are not many but many play the same as Seismtoad Ex and Night March).
My problem is that I could not test it for lack of time and unfortunately now in 2 weeks there will be the League session and no one before can, or wants, to test with me.
I thought about trying to create this deck of PTCGO, exchanging a lot of my cards. What do you say?

I'd still abandon hope on a mill deck. They aren't consistant enough and dont mill enough unless you're going against a NM deck which help you out. Very strange that in Italy they dont run more special energies. You better tell your italian buddies if they want a change at US Nationals or Worlds they better rethink their deck options.

Back