• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Turbo Darkrai EX for Regionals

Josh Godbey

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 11
  • 3 Darkrai Ex BPT
  • 1 Darkrai Ex DEX
  • 2 Yveltal XY
  • 1 Yveltal BKT
  • 1 Yveltal Ex XY
  • 1 Hoopa Ex AOS
  • 1 Shaymin Ex ROS
  • 1 Keldeo Ex BOC
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Dark Patch
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Max Elixir
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Virbank City
Energy : 12
  • 12 Darkness Energy
Strategy:

First attempt at building and testing my own variant of this deck. The point of the deck is to concentrate on energy and damage with Dark Pulse from Darkrai, and using Dark Cloak for the free retreat. I added Hoopa since this is an EX heavy deck. This deck seems to fair well but might need some changes. I want to try and find room for PoT maybe another Shaymin. Open to any ideas on what people would recommend

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Pokémon: 11
3 Darkrai Ex BPT
1 Darkrai Ex DEX
2 Yveltal XY
1 Yveltal BKT
1 Yveltal Ex XY
1 Hoopa Ex AOS
1 Shaymin Ex ROS
1 Keldeo Ex BOC

Trainer/Tool/Supporter/Stadium: 38
4 VS Seeker
4 Dark Patch
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Trainers' Mail
4 Ultra Ball
3 Max Elixir
2 Fighting Fury Belt
2 Battle Compressor
1 Computer Search

2 Sycamore
2 N
2 Lysandre
1 Hex Maniac

2 Virbank City

Energy : 12
12 Dark Energy

A few thoughts for your consideration:

• First of all, you have 37 Trainers listed, not 38 - good news.
  • A 4th Max Elixir helps to maximize your chances of getting more energy into play T1.
  • 4 card-draw Supporters are woefully insufficient; you need more.
  • Incorporating an AZ will help your recover and reuse a benched Shaymin EX.
Suggested deck changes for improvement, IMO:
-1 Hoopa EX - with 4 Ultra Balls, this Pokemon is not critical
-1 Hypnotoxic laser - 3 should be sufficient
-1 Trainer's Mail - - 3 should be sufficient

+1 AZ
+2 Professor Sycamore - more card-draw support
+1 Colress - more card-draw support

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Josh Godbey

Aspiring Trainer
A few thoughts for your consideration:
  • First of all, you have 37 Trainers listed, not 38 - good news.
  • A 4th Max Elixir helps to maximize your chances of getting more energy into play T1.
  • 4 card-draw Supporters are woefully insufficient; you need more.
  • Incorporating an AZ will help your recover and reuse a benched Shaymin EX.
Suggested deck changes for improvement, IMO:
-1 Hoopa EX - with 4 Ultra Balls, this Pokemon is not critical
-1 Hypnotoxic laser - 3 should be sufficient
-1 Trainer's Mail - - 3 should be sufficient

+1 AZ
+2 Professor Sycamore - more card-draw support
+1 Colress - more card-draw support

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Thanks for the response I've actually gone back and forth from your suggestions as well. Will have to test it all out.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Thanks for the response I've actually gone back and forth from your suggestions as well. Will have to test it all out.
If you might need further clarification on any of my comments, I'm happy to do so.

Definitely test any suggested option. I sometimes test and tweak a deck 20+ times before I'm "comfortable" with it. Lol.

D-Babs

Aspiring Trainer
Something else to consider (and something that I think helps in the current meta) is playing a 2-2 split on Darkrai EX. Having multiple night spear Darkrai can be very helpful against non-EX based decks with vespiquen, flareon, bats and the like. Against NM you can use the non-EX Yveltal (both) of course. I agree with others on adding the 4th Max Elixir.

As for draw support, more Sycamore seems necessary (probably Colress too because you will be filling your bench) and if you need to cut an N that would be okay because this is a turbo deck and you expect to be taking early prizes.

Maybe also try the deck with a couple DCE. It helps you power up an active Darkrai EX quick and allows for faster Yveltal BKT as well as Yveltal EX.

Good luck testing!

dbussert

Aspiring Trainer
any thoughts on tech'ing a maxie's archeops or gallade in? this deck already has the vs seeker/battle compressor necessary. gallade could help against jolteon and archeops against a bunch of different decks? does it slow the deck down too much?

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
any thoughts on tech'ing a maxie's archeops or gallade in? this deck already has the vs seeker/battle compressor necessary. gallade could help against jolteon and archeops against a bunch of different decks? does it slow the deck down too much?

@Josh Godbey - excellent thoughts to also consider. I expecting quite a few players (in Midwest, at least) will run Jolteon EX; so, some type of counter is potentially needed. Arecheops, Gallade and Maxie's "engine" could replace the Ht Lasers and Virbank Stadiums...