• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Alakazam EX / Crobat / Wobbuffet

DaryusTheShark

Aspiring Trainer
18 Pokémon:
  • 3 Alakazam EX FAC
  • 3 M Alakazam EX FAC
  • 3 Zubat
  • 3 Golbat
  • 2 Crobat
  • 2 Shaymin EX ROS
  • 1 Hoopa EX AOR
  • 1 Wobbuffet PHF
31 Trainer:
  • 3 Alakazam Spirit Link FAC
  • 4 Devolution Spray FAC
  • 1 Super Scoop Up FFI
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 N FAC
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 4 Dimensional Valley
  • 3 Mega Turbo
  • 2 AZ
  • 2 Skyla
11 Energy:
  • 4 Mystery Energy
  • 5 Psychic Energy

Strategy:

Mega evolve the Alakazams to poke at pesky bench techs (Shaymin, Hoopa, Night March Mew/Joltik, etc.)
Devolution Spray to keep the pressure from Kinesis/Crobat up.

EDIT:
Removed the Mewtwo EX in favor of Crobats.
Added AZ and removed 2 SSU.
Thinned other Pokemon to make room for Bats.
Added Skyla.

This is my first deck I've built without help from a friend!

Input and advice is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Mewtwo (damage change) is for?
To set up for a Lysandre switch with a Pokemon that has either less damage counters than Mewtwo or no damage counters. If that doesn't knock out the switched Pokemon then you could always try to switch to M Alakazam and attack or mega evolve on the bench to finish it off.

To set up for a Lysandre switch with a Pokemon that has either less damage counters than Mewtwo or no damage counters. If that doesn't knock out the switched Pokemon then you could always try to switch to M Alakazam and attack or mega evolve on the bench to finish it off.
I would replace Mewtwo EX it doesn't help because mewtwo needs damage on it to work
-3 Mewtwo EX
-2 Scoop ups
+1-1-1 Crobat
+2 AZ
Also I don't know what to take out but also add a 2-2-1 more line of crobat, works better than Mewtwo EX

I would replace Mewtwo EX it doesn't help because mewtwo needs damage on it to work
-3 Mewtwo EX
-2 Scoop ups
+1-1-1 Crobat
+2 AZ
Also I don't know what to take out but also add a 2-2-1 more line of crobat, works better than Mewtwo EX

I did consider doing bats but figured the Mewtwo would be a bit better. I'll make the changes!

O
I did consider doing bats but figured the Mewtwo would be a bit better. I'll make the changes!
I've been playong a version of this on PTCGO and did pretty well with Mew also (although I only had 1 D-Valley 3 Alakazam's 2 M Alakazams and no shaymin's) also Bench space is very annoying in this deck

O
I've been playong a version of this on PTCGO and did pretty well with Mew also (although I only had 1 D-Valley 3 Alakazam's 2 M Alakazams and no shaymin's) also Bench space is very annoying in this deck
I haven't really been able to see much use for the Mew other than Night March. XD

I did throw in some Skyla and Mega Turbos for a bit of energy and trainer retrieval to help keep things going if I need either of them. I think with the help I've gotten and a bit of tinkering myself, it looks like a solid deck so far!

I haven't really been able to see much use for the Mew other than Night March. XD

I did throw in some Skyla and Mega Turbos for a bit of energy and trainer retrieval to help keep things going if I need either of them. I think with the help I've gotten and a bit of tinkering myself, it looks like a solid deck so far!
I agree good luck with it also I used the mew for Encounter as well as wobbufett

This was my take on M Alakazam utilizing Absol to move the three damage counters to the active for one turn knocks outs

Between bats and Absol what do you think?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 16

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
3 Absol ROS 40
3 Alakazam-EX FAC 125
1 Alakazam-EX FAC 117
4 M Alakazam-EX FAC 26
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
2 Wobbuffet PHF 36

Trainer Cards - 35

2 Mega Turbo ROS 86
2 N FAC 105
3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
2 AZ PHF 117
1 Super Rod BKT 149
3 Super Scoop Up FFI 100
2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
2 Muscle Band XY 121
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
1 Lysandre FLF 104
4 Alakazam Spirit Link FAC 90
1 Misty's Determination BKP 104
4 Devolution Spray FAC 95

Energy - 9

4 Mystery Energy PHF 112
5 Psychic Energy GEN 79

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This was my take on M Alakazam utilizing Absol to move the three damage counters to the active for one turn knocks outs

Between bats and Absol what do you think?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 16

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
3 Absol ROS 40
3 Alakazam-EX FAC 125
1 Alakazam-EX FAC 117
4 M Alakazam-EX FAC 26
1 Hoopa-EX AOR 89
2 Wobbuffet PHF 36

Trainer Cards - 35

2 Mega Turbo ROS 86
2 N FAC 105
3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
2 AZ PHF 117
1 Super Rod BKT 149
3 Super Scoop Up FFI 100
2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
4 VS Seeker ROS 110
2 Muscle Band XY 121
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
1 Lysandre FLF 104
4 Alakazam Spirit Link FAC 90
1 Misty's Determination BKP 104
4 Devolution Spray FAC 95

Energy - 9

4 Mystery Energy PHF 112
5 Psychic Energy GEN 79

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
I considered Absol but bench space is a HUGE problem with this deck

11 energy is too many for a deck that only uses single energy cost attackers. This deck was made to be combined with 4 dimension valley. Any less would be a waste. You want to attack fast and you want to attack every single turn. If your energy is discarded then this is not possible without Dimension Valley. Cut down on at least two energy and a Professor's Letter, this will create deck space for other techs as well. Not only that, but with only 2 dimension valley you're likely to lose the stadium war.

Anyway nice deck list! I also play Alakazam EX. I don't use bats though, if you ask me Kinesis is way better at placing damage counters. So I feel more comfortable with a 4-4 line. Yeah pretty expensive...

11 energy is too many for a deck that only uses single energy cost attackers. This deck was made to be combined with 4 dimension valley. Any less would be a waste. You want to attack fast and you want to attack every single turn. If your energy is discarded then this is not possible without Dimension Valley. Cut down on at least two energy and a Professor's Letter, this will create deck space for other techs as well. Not only that, but with only 2 dimension valley you're likely to lose the stadium war.

Anyway nice deck list! I also play Alakazam EX. I don't use bats though, if you ask me Kinesis is way better at placing damage counters. So I feel more comfortable with a 4-4 line. Yeah pretty expensive...
Thanks! It's great to get so much feedback on my decklist! I've seen a lot of concern with bench space however due to the Bats lineup. Would there be some better alternatives?

Back