• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gengar/Bats Spring Regionals

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
I am looking to play in spring regionals. I am making a Gengar/ Bats deck. Everyone knows the strategy of the deck so will not spew out the details. I have not been competitve pokemon in the past and any card ideas, if i am missing trainers or not the proper amount I would greatly appreciate it. As of now the Alakazam is not in my deck so this shows 61 ; not sure what to take out though.

Pokémon:
  • 3 Zubat (PHF)
  • 3 Golbat (PHF)
  • 3 Ceobat (PHF)
  • 3 Gastly (BPT)
  • 3 Haunter (BPT)
  • 3 Gengar (BPT)
  • 1 Gengar EX (PHF)
  • 1 Shaymin EX (ROS)
  • 1 Alakazam EX ( FCD) If it is tournament legal
  • 2 Wobuffet (PHF)

Trainer:
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Level ball
  • 2 Float stone
  • 2 Trainers' mail
  • 2 Max potion
  • 2 Ultra ball
  • 1 Super rod
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 N
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Wally
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 Dimensional valley

Energy:
  • 8 Psychic Energy

After some playtesting I do see some consistency problems. Th bats can be an issue, bc relying on too many evolutions along with the Gengar lineup. Was thinking maybe an alternative could be taking bats out and put in 2 Gengar EX (PHF) , 2 Alakazam EX (FCD) a second Shaymin EX and maybe a Hoopa EX (AOR) would take out 2 level ball and put in a 3rd ultraball. Again any insight would be greatly appreciatted as I want to play in regional, but it is far away so want make best possible deck in short notice.

The U.S. Spring Regional tournaments are all Expanded format; so, please confirm the correct tournament format to ensure you get the proper feedback.

Alakazam EX (FC) is not tournament eligible until the last U.S. Spring Regional at the end of this month.

In regards to your deck list above, it seems a bit "unfocused." IMO, a deck focused or centered around Alakazam-Bats or Gengar EX-Wobbuffet makes "more" sense because you would have fewer "parts" to setup and fewer turns are needed to setup. The Gengar line requires extra time and resources to setup; and, most importantly, your opponent has the time to easily counter its effect.

Should you wish to see a draft of an Alakazam-Bats deck, checkout the ZamBats post in the Deck Garage. I also ran a Gengar-Wobbuffet deck for a while and could post that if you want.

I did just find out that it is expanded format, seems kind of lame they do that theyd do that. I am used to playing yugio and they would never have an expanded regional, so kind of late to adjust for that really. If you wouldnt mind sharing a decklist that would be cool

Back